Krabi La Playa Resort
Krabi Tipa Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$40
  • Pool
US$141
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$51
Agoda.com
Peace Laguna Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$47
US$93
US$60
Agoda.com
Ananta Burin Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$41
US$58
US$48
Agoda.com
Poonsiri Resort River Hill(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$49
1,098 results
All reviewspool barbeach bagemerald poolpool access roombars and restaurantspool sidethe main roadstreet vendorstour desklarge poolgreat pooldeluxe roomstayed here for nightsnoodlesrainy seasonegg stationlanguage barrier
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms are big and clean, the swimming pool never had a lack of beds and the staff are amazing! They really try and make sure sure you are happy. The breakfast also has a good selection.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear nrshah7
Thank you very much for visiting us and for sharing your positive experience here on TripAdvisor. Your comments are highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Nobody could speak in the front.
there were 2 big cockroaches in the washroom for welcoming me. disgusting.

The massage shop in the hotel was also very rude. They canceled my booking without any notice.

The room was full of humid and dust. That was the horrible experience in Krabi. I won’t visit there again.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel0101-1
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Rachel0101-1
Thank you for visiting as and your review. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time with us. Since I could not find any record regarding about your feedback, I would be very thankful if you could contact me directly so we can discuss your experience in more detail. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Overall this hotel was fine for what it is - a 3.5 star hotel in a resort town. My friends who I traveled with liked this hotel, but for me there was a list of “minor inconveniences” that piled up into why I rated this hotel how I did.

#1 - We are 3 friends travelling together, and since apparently two double beds in a room is not possible, we ended up with a king and an extra cot in our room. The cot was very hard (akin to just sleeping right on the tile floor) so we ended up using the little futon couch as our third bed instead. It was also very hard, but slightly more tolerable. The king bed itself was also very hard, and as someone with a touchy back I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time.

#2 - We asked for a couple of extra pillows to be brought to our room on three seperate occasions. They never materialized.

#3 - The air conditioning automatically turns off at night (assuming this is some kind of energy saving measure) and we all woke up sweating at around 6am each day, unable to turn the air con back on until it kicked back in at 7:30am.

#4 - The wifi at this hotel is slightly sketchy. It works great until it stops working completely for 15 minutes. You also have to log into the system frequently, which annoyed me that it wouldn’t just stay connected for a length of time.

#5 - One of my friends ordered room service, and the tray was left outside the door for 2 full days, even as housekeeping came and went. The tray was obviously quickly covered in bugs and it was a little gross.

#6 - Our room had a big frosted glass window between the bathroom and the bedroom, so if you get up at night to use the toilet you light up the whole room and wake everyone up.

#7 - Thin walls meant that you could hear the neighbours sneezing, talking loudly on their phones, and any music being played outside or next door.

All of that being said, these are all minor inconveniences. The pros are:

#1 - The hotel has a really nice pool and swim up bar.

#2 - The staff at the activities desk were very helpful in booking tours and transport for us, and often got us less than the listed prices for activities.

#3 - The location is near shops, restaurants, laundry, and the beach.

Final thoughts: I probably wouldn’t stay here again, if I go back to Ao Nang I would try another place to see if the minor inconveniences are any better or worse.

Room Tip: If you like to swim, make sure you book a pool-side room as the balconies go right into the water.
Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank amflhu88
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Amflhu88
Thank you very much for your visit and feedback. I regret that we have not been able to meet all your expectations and I can ensure you that we will share your feedback with the rest of team. It is great to read that you enjoyed our pools and bar comfortable with our hotel location and tour desk staffs.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We have now this year been at Krabi La Play Resort for the fourth time.

The service and quality is high and we have always been treated good. The staff is very friendly and polite and not afraid to help if you need it.

The first 3 years we were placed at main building. This year we were lucky to get a wonderful room in the new building. A very big room which we were very happy about.

We will highly recommand this hotel and as long we will go to Ao Nang we will stay at Krabi La Playa Resort.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael N
hank you very much for visiting our Krabi La Playa Resort and your kind feedback! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us again especially our new wing.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I had a great stay in Krabi for 4 nights whilst on my travels around Thailand. I had requested a room with twin beds but unfortunately we was given a double. The helpful staff quickly rectified this and we was given a new room. The staff always greeted me with smiles in the morning and would help me with any query i had. The rooms were extremely spacious and the shower was excellent. The pool and bar was lovely and they had a generous happy hour at the bar with cheap prices which i took full advantage of! Yes the hotel is a bit of the walk from the main Ao Nang strip but that did not bother me as the hotel was quiet at night when you needed it to be. One slight criticism would be the choice in the breakfast. I feel like there could be a few more options.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay and i recommend this hotel if you want to explore all that Krabi has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley C
Marketing_SmallGrp, Manager at Krabi La Playa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Ashley C
Thank you very much for visiting our Krabi La Playa resort and your kind feedback! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We are indeed fortunate to have large pools, in the between of 2 beautiful beaches next to the Ao Nang center.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future!

warm regards,