2,025 results
All reviewskids clubsala talaypool access roomkids suitekids poolwave barthe penthousenew wingtuk tukao nang beachopposite the beachlong tail boatgarden viewlarge poolpool sidephi phibuffet breakfast
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights, in beginning of March.
Everything went smoothly. We had a late check in (9pm) but of course it was not a problem.
The room was nice , clean and spacious. Roomservice is fast :)
The hotel is very "child friend" so if u planning to go there with you kids it is perfect ( many programs for them during the day)
Breakfast is very rich, from asian style to europian (of course english breakfast too) fruits, jams, waffle,pancake, breads, noodles, eggs, cheese you can fine everything.
The area is nice and quite, not party place.
Staff is super nice and helpful all the time!
Longtail boat rent is right infront of the hotel for very good prise, if u want to avoid the crowd get ur own boat and start the island tours early in the morning (8am)
Defenitly would go back here.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Morgan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Dear "Zsofi F"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind review. It is great to read that you have enjoyed such a positive experience overall and have been well looked after by the team throughout the Resort. We do hope you will have the opportunity to travel and visit us again and we all look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel: at the other side of the mountain before Ao Nang starts. If you are looking for a quieter place but surrounded by shops, spa, liquor shop (in front of hotel!), long tail boat booth,this hotel is the right place

Room: we took pool view room located on 4th floor. The space is good enough for two adults and one kid. The sofa can turn to a bed for our kid without charging for blanket and sheet. Most of the room got balcony. The only thing that could be the cons is that if the car is loud on the street at night, you can hear it - might interrupt your sleep a bit if you have a sensitive sleep pattern.

Overall hotel: got two pools, kid pool, four water slides ! (1 big+3 small) your kid will love it!, breakfast has good range of food. The staff is very friendly and very nice to kids.

More tip:
- go to wangsai seafood (5mins walk from the hotel) good Thai food (as a Thai, I think it is good ;)
- Cross the street from the hotel and get to the long tail booth (managed by local people not a tour company) their price is good (Thai and foreigner got charged the same) it is always good to support the locals
- Go to Nopparat Tara beach five-ten mins drive from the hotel

We highly recommend this hotel for any family with kids. We will definitely go back to Holiday Inn Ao Nang.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank BKKTHTraveller
Morgan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear "BKKTHTraveller"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed such a comfortable stay! Your comments with regards the excellent pool facilities, breakfast selection and friendly staff are all very well received and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

OK. First I should add that as a couple, we are a hotels worst customer in that we book a room and breakfast, use the facilities, but never eat in the restaurant at other times or spend money in the bar - we tend to go off on adventures for that.

The facilities here are great. The pool alone is worth the nightly rate, and the fitness room too. The room was clean, tidy and spacious (as is the rest of the hotel) - but the decor is tired in places (cracked tiles in the shower, we didn't report it, not an issue for us).
We had arranged airport transfers with the hotel in advance which worked like a dream, and check-in was smooth and efficient. Khun Kong was very helpful and friendly, and was lifesaving in helping me to break into my case through a broken lock.
The staff are professional and friendly, or maybe I mean professionally friendly - there wasn't the intimacy that we have experienced in other Thai hotels, but, most guests stay for 4 days so a high turnover, and maintaining that personal distance isn't really a bad thing.

Kids facilities look good (though we don't travel with any), and it's right over the road from the beach and 10 minutes walk to the bars in Ao Nang. Long tail boats departing from the beach across the road all day for the other islands, so plenty to do.

If there is 1 downside, it's that the pool bar by building 1 was often unmanned (but that is a demand/supply issue), and that the girls hands down made a better Virgin Mojito than the boys.

Overall this place was great, and if we come this way again we will be back. A fabulous advertisement for Holiday Inn resort.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C

Dear "Sue C"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a kind and detailed review - I am sure this will be greatly appreciated by future readers! All of your positive comments are very well received and I will be sure to share with my colleagues accordingly. Your feedback on the manning at Lagoon Bar and the consistency of the cocktails is very much appreciated and I will certainly follow up on this with the bar team, thank you. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit and we look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Well located hotel with 3 pools and good facilities for the kids. We had a pool access room in the quieter wing. We were initially offered a pool access room in the newer wing but it literally had sun beds 3 feet from our balcony so not very private.
The staff in the typical Thai style are disinterested and wander about aimlessly but after 10 years of living here I am used to this. There was a happy hour at the swim up bar in our wing but no one was there to serve? Finally caught the eye of a manager and he sorted it out.
Breakfast is average to poor with not a great selection. The standout was the coffee. Probably the worst coffee I have ever tasted in Thailand and no expresso option.
All in all an average hotel in an expensive part of Thailand but probably no better or worse than the other options in the area.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Dear "Peter W"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am sincerely sorry that your stay with us has not been as great as we would have liked and the feedback you have provided is certainly very much appreciated for my further follow up and action with the team. If you do have any additional comments you would like to share, or if there is ever anything else with which I can personally assist, please do feel free to contact me directly at any time at morgan.layberry@ihg.com

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We got a pool access room which was amazing but we only used it the first day as we were out early every morning and not back till early evening. This hotel is right across the road from Ao Nang Beach where you can get all the boats to all the different islands. I think it was about 300 baht each way per person.
The hotel is really clean, the room was modern, pool beautiful but poolside rooms were obviously noisy in the mornings.
Also, just to mention, the walls in the rooms are extremely thin and you can hear everything. We had an experience with a family next door to us who were obviously checking out early but were banging around, shouting and being inconsiderate in relation to the noise they were making, all at about 5.30/6.00 am in the morning. It got so bad that I actually called reception to complain. They piped down after that.
Hotel staff were lovely, rooms cleaned every day. Breakfast was ok, a bit chaotic. Some mornings there was food all over the floors and the tables and left there, nobody seemed to clean it up. That was the only thing I was unimpressed with.
I would most definitely stay here if I had children travelling with me, but as we were out every morning and not back till late, I would probably choose a slightly cheaper hotel. In fact I have booked into a different hotel this coming January but only because I didn't avail of all of the amenities this hotel has to offer.
Ao Nang town is just around the corner from the hotel and it is full of shops and restaurants and McDonalds in case you are sick of all that Thai Food. All the tuk tuks and taxis are right outside the hotel too.

Room Tip: Pool access/view rooms are obviously going to be nosier
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Dear "trayfitz"

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is great to note that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay however I am sorry that you have been somewhat disturbed by noisy neighbours during your stay. I will be sure to share all of your comments with my team as relevant and your feedback with regards the restaurant floor during the busy periods of breakfast is well received, thank you. Please do stay in touch when you are planning your next visit to Krabi and we hope to see you again!