“Good Jungle Trek”

Cameron Highlands Trail No. 10
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is a nice, easy to follow trail through the jungle to a decent viewpoint. It’s a steep climb, you should have a reasonable level of fitness to tackle it but most leisure hikers can do this trip. It took me about 2.5 hours round trip up trail 10 and then down the road by the power station. The road is boring, I wish I had decided to take trail 11 down and do the loop that way.

I met some kids at the top who were a bit intimidating, they had slingshots loaded with rocks and followed me around the top view points for a few minutes. I started back down the trail sooner than I normally would have because I wasn’t sure what they were up to.....I think they were harmless but as a single female hiker I was a little intimidated.

Overall a decent hike and one of the only ones with views.

Date of experience: May 2018
"picnic lunch"
"beautiful nature"
"easy walk"

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The forest is beautiful with lots of shrubs and plants. I do not recommend bringing children (aged 7 and below) on this trek as it might be a bit difficult. I was travelling alone but did this hike with a group of solo travellers.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time hiking. The view on the top was well worth it. We followed another trail down and found ourselves in the middle of the tea plantations.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank AlexisHii
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The trail is really beautiful.
Its really going up on the first part (Big tree steps). But it worth it.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We had a wonderful morning trekking in trail no 10. Contrary to what the others said we found the trail reasonably well marked and had no trouble finding it. Even at places where we were unsure , some kind hearted trekkers and locals had put up small boards or strung a ribbon across so that we would take the right path. We said a silent thank you to those who did this and went on ahead. It was reasonably challenging considering that we are not professional trekkers. The place was awesome and the rain gods for once were taking a nap. The clouds also decided to keep away making the day just right for us. The high point of is was a small snake we found right in the middle of the path deathly still. A kind hearted dog who followed us and sensed our fear stood right over this snake and helped us navigate this. We followed the trail 6 on he way down. This was challenging in places and our major fear was snakes having already encountered one. The path itself was very slippery and steep. Many would find navigating this a problem. It hits a stream on the way down which had crystal clear water where we washed our muddy hands and splashed some more on our faces. This had a log placed over it and setting seemed straight out of a movie set. Overall, I would strongly recommend although a group would give a sense of comfort. There are markings on path 10 up till the peak of Mount Jasar but there are none on path 6, so we used an application maps.me. It was very helpful and clearly showed us the right path.

3  Thank rajupras