“Great local lunch spot!”

The Sand Bucket Smoke
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Finally, a nice spot to run down the road and pick up lunch when you stay on the Cape! We didn’t want to cook, it’s kinda rainy today, so we decided to stay in. My husband went down when they opened at noon, ordered and was back within 30 minutes! I had the bbq sandwich, greens and potato salad, my husband had the bbq shrimp poboy sandwich with slaw and chips. All of it was very good, big portions and we’d definitely order again! There were several things I wanted to try on the menu!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This little place is friendly, clean and the food is great. The burnt ends and grouper fingers are awesome. The deviled egg pasta salad is a great side dish. The hush puppy poppers are a new twist on a jalapeno popper. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves good BBQ.

1  Thank jobrecht
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

There are not many places to go out to eat on the Cape so we decided to visit The Sand Bucket. What a wonderful surprise. If you want BBQ the pork is delicious and they offer numerous sauces to cover the different regions of the vacationing guests. For those wanting seafood have no fear, it is delicious. The fried clams were delicious, the fried shrimp excellent, but the best...the fried grouper sandwich. The fish was some of the best I have ever eaten...this will be a sandwich I will have ever visit down to Port St Joe/Indian Pass. FYI, if there isn’t a wait you go back to the dining area and find a table. After checking out the menu you then go to the counter and order. If you sit around waiting on a waiter or waitress you will have a very long wait. The next time you are down for vacation be sure to give The Sand Bucket a try...you will. It be disappointed.

1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Our first night in Cape San Blas we decided to give this place a try since it was close to "home". We had a large group so we sat outside on the deck which gave us plenty of room & privacy. The service was good, our food came out at different times but that wasn't a big deal. All in all we thought the menu was diverse & the food was acceptable. For being a tiny local place, they are doing a great job of competing with the bigger places!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Different kind of place. Food not bad and reasonable. Assortment of bbq and fried seafood. I had fried grouper and it was good, the rest of group had bbq and said it was good.