“Great food, huge portions, fantastic wine list, affordable and lovely staff.”

The Bell @ Skenfrith
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Skenfrith
Price range: US$50 - US$101
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As stated above, lovely food, big portions, very affordable (coming from London) and lovely, lovely staff.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Living in a big city my friends and I like to explore the country side (and local ales) every chance we have.
Having read the not-so-complementary previous comments we were pleased to discover there is nothing wrong with the place- it is actually the opposite.
We were given a complementary upgrades as they were quiet which is always a sign of good customer care.
Staff is very welcoming and charming.
We were delighted to taste their local ales and delicious cider (made just up the road).
Dinner was amazing and we truly enjoyed every bite of it (look out for the lamb and the blue cheese brulée!)
As a cognac enthusiast I absolutely loved the mini tour to their wine cellar and the chance I got to see all their vintage cognacs and brandies!
Already booked our next stay and we look forward to returning!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Bell looked after us completely - we were a big groups with a dog and toddlers - and the staff couldn’t have been friendlier or more helpful. Plenty to keep the kids happy - including a local hunt around the village. Good pub grub - we tried the burgers, steak and fish n chips. Beautiful inside and really homely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Surroundings and bar staff were lovely. BUT. Quality of the food doesn't justify the price. My request for my food to be reheated in the microwave as I couldn't eat it cold was met with oh OK, no apology and yet still had £12 service charge added
I wouldn't rush back

1  Thank ruralgirlDorset
bellatskenfrith, Owner at The Bell @ Skenfrith, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I think your companion has aleady posted a review, had we been aware you were not happy we would have removed the Service charge form your bill, which I should mention goes in its entirety to all our staff. We try to sort out any problems at the time as we don't want anyone leaving the Bell dissatisfied if it is in our power to make amends.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

29th May 2017 - Family lunch for 3. We came here for a decent "bar" meal in the restaurant, where all food seems to be taken. The location is exquisite, in the most beautiful countryside and right next to the serene (in Summer!) river Monnow - it would be hard to find a more bucolic setting. Inside the inn is smartly decorated and furnished and quite immaculately clean. Food - we all had fish and chips - a good "bar food" staple - was delicious and service attentive and friendly. An ideal country inn. Definitely recommended.