“Dive group from Naples Florida”
Review of Explorer Ventures

Explorer Ventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PLAN YOUR PERFECT SCUBA DIVING HOLIDAY WITH US! Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving Fleet is the only way to dive! Idyllic destinations, personalized customer service, delectable cuisine, and effortless diving from our custom-designed liveaboard boats. All for an exceptional value! It’s easy to understand why divers return time and time again - the best liveaboard diving trips! Unpack your gear once, leave the rest to us! We’ve made it easier to access those out-of-the-way destinations on our fleet’s all-inclusive diving liveaboards. Our international fleet brings you a mere a giant stride away from the world’s best scuba diving sites. Arrive onboard, unpack once, then dive, dive, dive! Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving Fleet operates in: Turks & Caicos Explorer II, St. Maarten/Saba/St. Kitts Caribbean Explorer II, Maldives Carpe Vita Explorer & Carpe Nov Explorer, Galapagos Humboldt Explorer & Majestic Explorer, Indonesia Raja Manta Explorer & Blue Manta Explorer.
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I just returned from my now 4th dive trip with Explorer Ventures Live aboard Diving, This was our second group trip on the St. Kitts to St Martin run. I can not express strongly enough how great this trip is; the diving, the boat and very professional crew. The dives are suited for all levels and the dive masters are very attentive in the water. Our group of 16 were advanced to instructor level but never felt any dive was "beneath" us in quality. The boat is well stocked and well run, the crew is friendly and personable not standoffish at all. And the food OMG!! the food, 20+ dives in 5 days and I came home weighing more than when I left :-)

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank gfahringer
ExplorerMia, Administration at Explorer Ventures, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank-you so much for this wonderful review! We're so happy you enjoyed the beautiful dives around Saba and St.Kitts - it really is a special destination. And spending time with the amazing crew and eating some pretty fabulous food is the icing on the cake :-) Come back and see us again soon!

All reviews
"nitrox"
"caribbean"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This was my first live aboard, and it looks as though I picked the right company, and boat. My son and I were met at the airport and taken to the boat. The crew took care of taking our luggage to our staterooms .. wait .. staterooms? Yes, since there were only 6 divers on this trip they asked if we minded each having our own stateroom instead of sharing one. Why no, that was perfectly fine with us. We set up our dive give and made a last minute decision to dive Nitrox instead of air. No worries, just swapped tanks and we were good to go. You set up your gear and never have to take if off the tank after that. They have whips to fill your tanks in place. And your wet suits / rash guards will hang over the compressor exhaust, providing warm and dry(ish) gear for your next dive. As an Instructor, they had no problem leaving me to work with my son to do his Advanced Open Water and Nitrox courses, no worries. Though they have instructors if you'd like to work on a certification or two. The Captain and crew gave a thorough brief the first night before getting underway about boat etiquette, basic dive procedures, and generally what to expect each day. From then off, life couldn't have been easier. Eat 'til you're dry, then dive 'til you're hungry. The primary DM, Jo, laid out the daily schedule each day on the board so everyone knew exactly what was going on. But then each dive had a thorough briefing complete with a dry erase board drawing and a costumed Jo or Kris (okay, Kris didn't do costumes, but Jo always did). Jo or Kris (and a couple of times Captain Nelson) were in the water for every dive. You have the option of following them, or doing your own thing, as you wish. They point out cool stuff, so I recommend following. In between dives, you're snacking or resting. And every night you have the option of a night dive, with hot chocolate (spiked if you wish) afterward. Each evening, log your dives, review pictures, or place any of the various games on board. We usually played "Sequence," or watched a movie (extensive library of them). The crew is awesome! Captain Nelson, Purser Celeste, DM's (Instructors) Jo and Kris, our cook Stan (The Man), and our engineer Mark. They all went out of their way to make sure everything was right, and we all enjoyed our trip. If anything was amiss, just say something and they make it right. Believe me, by the time your week ends, you won't want to go back to reality. My son and I were very close to leaving our gear in our staterooms and booking to stay on for the next week. We'll be back!

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank David C P
ExplorerMia, Administration at Explorer Ventures, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank-you so much for such a lovely review and for sharing your experience with others! It was a pleasure to have you and your son on board the Turks & Caicos Explorer II and we hope you join us again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

I was just on T & C Explorer II last week May 6013th 2017 & can only say one thing about trip-- AMAZING. Great diving all week, I did 25 dives and best bight dives ever.I saw Reef sharks and turtles & lobster on all dives. Also the crew treated my group- TSSC Scuba Club of Westchester NY as fa,ily from Captain Bob to Joe, JP, Celeste & Anna to the amazing culinary delights on Stan the Chef. The staff went above and beyond to make this trip one of the best in my lifetime and I have been on many dive trip. Being a Padi Instructor I appreciated the professionalism of all 4 instructors of crew- JP,Anna,Celeste & Joe who would go out of their way to help in all ways possible.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We had an all around amazing experience. Anything you want to know about the logistics (size of boat/cabins, amenities available, what to pack, etc.) is all on the ExplorerVentures website and the info is spot on (and ALL - accommodations, food, drink , layout of the boat, etc. - of it was awesome!). What the website doesn't tell you is that you get to dive with amazing professionals who are smart and funny and willing to share all they have with you. They made us feel right at home from the moment we got on the boat. The crew LOVES to dive and are extremely knowledgable. They don't just point out the critters, they also tell you all about the behaviors of the critters and their relationship to the ecosystem. The dive briefings were the best, informative and quite entertaining, but there will be no spoilers from me. They have a big whiteboard on which they draw a map for each site, which really helps with orientation under water. They will also describe some of the things you might see during the dive and how to spot them (such as, the Pederson cleaning shrimp will usually be found near the corkscrew anemones). It was, by far, the most convenient diving I have ever done and the most efficient set-up. If you want to spend a lot of time underwater, I don't think you could do better than the Turks and Caicos Explorer II.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank kelly-l-hayes
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Our scuba club charted the whole boat of 20 divers in July 2016 and had an excellent time! We had a great crew: Captain JF, dive leaders Joe and Bungee Jo, purser/hostess Anne, chef Stan, and engineer Mark made us all feel at home from the moment we arrived. Even the taxi driver (Par / Elwood) that Explorer Ventures arranged was excellent (he's been working with them for 15 years or more).

We had 27 great dives on board and visited Northwest Point (Providenciales), West Caicos, and French Cay in our itinerary. In between dives, we also had fun swimming around the boat. It's hard to pick a single dive site, but I think the dives at French Cay (5 sites over 2.5 days) were my favorites. Just about every dive had a great wall that was topped with lush reefs and lots of macro. Dive leader Joe L was the magical macro finder as he showed us pipefish and a pipehorse! We also found a seahorse and lots of other small critters.

In addition to small critters, we also saw reef sharks on almost every single dive, some rays, largest lobster I've ever seen, crabs, and plenty of sea cucumbers and other large animals as well.

Our group had a few divers with less than 20 dives and some with over 700 dives, but everyone was made comfortable and enjoyed their dives. The crew had the ability to create a relaxed, casual atmosphere while still maintaining absolute professionalism and ensuring everyone's safety at all times.

I'm certain our group will book another Explorer Ventures trip in the future and our crew deserves special recognition for their outstanding service and entertainment!

Date of experience: July 2016