“Great kiteboarding location and lessons!”

Exuma Kitesurfing and Stand Up Paddle
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Visited Exuma 15-20 December 2014. Scheduled 3 lessons with Gary, however, I missed the second lesson due to travel arrangements for a buddy that was flying in. But, the first (4-hour) lesson and the second (hour-long) lessons were great.....the location was amazing.....great beach with shallow water and fairly consistent wind. Gary is a great instructor, very patient and safety-focused. I'm trying to get back to get more lessons in with him sometime in the near future; can't recommend him highly enough!

3  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have kited all over the Caribbean, with many different instructors, and in a wide variety of conditions. Without question, Exuma has the best kiting spot I have been on. You are guaranteed flat water every day (because of the tide). The entire area is great for teaching. Also it is one of the few places in the Caribbean that has bottom has few coral heads etc. that can ruin a vacation.

There are some kiting sites that are a 15-20 minute boat ride that are truly awesome.

This is my second year with Gary. I kited 6 out of 7 days on both visits with good to very good wind. Gary is very conscientious, safety oriented and a patient teacher. Exuma Kitesurfing is without a doubt a phenomenal place to learn to kite or just get wrung out kiting everyday. It's that good. Joe Meyerhoff - Baltimore, MD

3  Thank joe S
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband got linked up with Gary while looking for a kitesurfing tour, but we noticed on his website that he offers SUP tours, too. That got me excited, as I don't kite.
Our tour was nothing short of spectacular. We lucked into a basically windless day (bad for kiting, good for me!) and we toured Moriah Harbour.
Even Gary said that he had never previously seen as much wildlife as we did that day. We really lucked in! Lemonsharks, bonefish, turtles, rays, and a giant starfish! At the beginning of our tour, a spotted ray actually jumped out of the water just in front of me. I had never seen anything like that before. The beaches we saw were second to none, some with sand so soft that I sunk halfway up my calf.
One thing that I will say is that this is definitely a full tour of paddling. The trek we did was 5.3 miles. It wasn't hard (but there was no wind) but definitely took some stamina. I'm sure that he would adjust this tour based on conditions and ability. We had told him that we had our own boards, and we are both pretty fit.
As Gary himself says, the way to see Exuma is on the water, and this was an amazing way to do it.

Two days later, my husband did have kiting lessons with Gary while I watched from the comfort of the Shoreline bar (have a strawberry daiquiri!) He said that Gary is the best instructor he has had to date, and he had some real breakthroughs that day (this is his 2nd yr of kiting). I can see us returning to Exuma just so that he can have some more lessons with Gary!

2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Gary thanks for an amazing time and letting me use your kite bar after mine broke the first ride of the first day :( That new Slingshot bar I got from you was here when I got home. I have a couple cool photos of our trip for your web site I will send to you. Will be back in March 2014. Its been a while since we have a beach completely to ourselves. Our kite trip to the island off your beach we amazing...........

2  Thank DougsKiteTrips
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I just arrived from the Exumas. I had the best time ever. Gary made my journey the best. He brought us to the best spot were the best wind was.In beautiful crystal blue, turquoise water.He was very kind and helpful in everything we need it. i loved the little bungalow that he provided as well . It was clean and had a view on the ocean . What a grateful and happy time i had. i highly recommend Exuma Kitesurfing for the best kite and the nice people ever. Thank you guys for the special and amazing moment i had. It is printed in my heart forever !

2  Thank agualocannie