3 people are viewing this hotel
$133
Travelocity$161
Priceline$161
Destinia.com$212
All reviews junkanoo beach walking distance fish fry close to downtown front desk staff free breakfast every morning flat screen nice pool ihg island cabs testing dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2022 via mobile

Location is good as it's a short walk into downtown. 15-min walk to the Fish Fry and 5-min walk to the National Art Gallery. Beach right across the street (not one of the nicer ones, but still a beach), although you have to cross a T-intersection to get there and cars are whipping by at top speed.

Room is dated and looks like it's not cleaned daily. I got a single bath towel that was never changed (yuck). The only toiletry is a bar of soap. I had to ask for shampoo and they gave it to me in a plastic cup. There's no hot water for the shower. Not what I expected from IHG.

Breakfast is ok. At least there's hot food and it's buffet style.

Room tip: Go next door to the Courtyard by Marriott
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank msgee39
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2022

Hi msgee39,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau. Our hotel is the best place to enjoy a quality stay in an environment of simplicity.

I read your remarks and am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. This is not what we want our guests to experience, and with this in mind, I forwarded your comments to our local area managers. We took the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again.

I invited you to visit us on your next trip so you can enjoy a quality stay.

Regards,

Oscar C.
IHG Service

Reviewed May 23, 2022

After getting screwed over by West Bay Medical, we saw a sign that said the Holiday Inn Express did rapid antigen tests. We went in and were informed by Abanique that it was by appointment only on weekends but she would be happy to call and make an appointment for us. We told her we didn't need it till the next day and she told us to be there at 2 pm. At 2 the next day we returned and the testing lady was there and we had our results within 15 mins. It is this kind of customer service that makes me look at IHG as a brand I should be loyal too. Abanique is an asset to the front desk and the type of employee that management should be proud of.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed May 16, 2022

My husband and I had three nights of anniversary rewards for IHG. We decided to stay in Nassau, pre-Exuma, to sit on the beach. This resort marketed lounge chairs and beach towels for Junkanoo beach across the street. Sounded great and exactly what we were looking for.

After a long flight/connecting flights we landed and had about a 60-minute wait in line at the airport. We grabbed a cab for $40.00 + tip to Holiday Inn Express and arrived around 4:30-5:00 pm.

CONS

Another family of 5 was waiting in the lobby for their room and the desk clerk asked us to sit and wait as our room wasn't ready either. I thought that was a bit odd since check-in was at 3:00 pm. My husband went and found some beer and we patiently waited.

Finally, after an hour or so we were given the keys and sent to our room. The cleaning supplies were still in the room. We kicked our shoes off and headed for the shower. We did have warm water so we were satisfied after reading reviews of "no hot water". What we didn't have were towels. Zero, None. We had to drip dry. After we stood on the floor to drip dry (which took forever) we lifted our feet and they were filthy dirty. (I did take a pic of my husband's feet, YUK) We made sure we wore shoes for the remainder of our stay.

The laundry facility was on our floor so my husband tried to get towels, but they said they would put some in our room. That did not happen. On our way out we stopped at the front desk and asked if housekeeping automatically cleaned the room daily or if we needed to request cleaning. She assured us it was daily, automatic and they would leave towels. I left a large tip with a note begging for towels.

Our room was never cleaned, the tip was gone and we received one regular towel and one washcloth. I gave the large towel to my husband to dry off with and I used the washcloth to dry. The washcloth was soaked and I had to drip dry again with wet hair. The last thing we want to do on vacation is frequent the front desk and complain about no towels and having our room clean so we skipped it.

Our room was never cleaned for the duration of our stay, but they did pick up our one towel and washcloth. We didn't have any towels for the remainder of our stay. We continued to drip dry. (if we have to drip dry at any other hotel in our lives we are checking out) They need to write on their website BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS. This is a basic and a much-needed amenity unless you don't shower.

Remember above when I said we chose this location for the beach and loungers provided by the resort. We stopped by the lobby desk to inquire about where we would find the beach towels. (when we checked in the desk clerk said they were available around the corner every morning) we never saw one at 7-8 or 9:00 a.m. or at any time. There were none. Gee, what a surprise. AGAIN, BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS.

The desk clerk proceeded with "the beach is closed today". I thought I misunderstood, and she repeated it again. A staff member called in sick and they didn't have anybody else to get the lounge chairs out for us. SERIOUSLY!! Holy Moly. I hope that person working that hut doesn't quit because they would never be able to get any guest a lounge chair in the future.

By then we were extremely disappointed, and she said she would try to find someone to unlock some chairs for us. We waited for one and a half hours and my husband went back to the desk and about 15 minutes later a man got us two lounge chairs. We were thrilled.

The following two days the woman did show up for work and opened the hut. She sold beer in this hut which sounded great. We asked how much the beer cost and she said she did not know, they would just add it to our bill. SERIOUSLY, again.....that would be a "NO" Thank you. Hummm... a person selling the beer, but doesn't know the price.

Check-out...our reservation through IHG stated that our three anniversary nights were "FREE". These were not reserved with points, they were anniversary nights. The resort said they were points. They were NOT. Can't they easily confirm that! We still had to pay $40.00 per night taxes and fees. I'd appreciate knowing the fees before I booked instead of writing "FREE" on my invoice.

We are Platnium Elite members so our room was upgraded . We SO appreciated that gesture. Thank you. Our room had a balcony and we love to sit out and admire the view. The only problem is we couldn't do that. The balcony, chairs and table were filthy and we didn't have anything we could clean it with. So disappointed.

PROS

The staff, The staff....all so kind, and tried to be helpful, but they aren't properly trained. You can see they want to help, but don't have the means to solve any of the problems. How do they get towels to appear? How do they get housekeeping to clean the rooms? I feel for them. We didn't bother them, we knew. The staff was the only reason we didn't check out after the first 3 hours.

Breakfast...this is not the best breakfast you will ever eat, it was just breakfast. It was repetitive but convenient. We appreciated having it available as it is very expensive to eat and drink in Nassau.

The pool bar....expensive, but the bartenders (Mother and Son) are fantastic, personable, and fun. Best we met in Nassau.

To end....obviously, we will never stay here again under any circumstance. It is unacceptable to think that people don't want to shower and don't need basic amenities as towels. We can normally adjust to any room, as we have had some very bad rooms around the world, but at least they were clean. Is that too much to ask?

We are sorry to say we are cutting our ties with IHG and canceling both of our credit cards. (we each have one) I can't even fathom that IHG would allow this resort to market its name.

If you have free nights to use PACK TOWELS and CLEANING SUPPLIES if you insist on staying here.

Room tip: Bring Towels and Cleaning Supplies
Date of stay: April 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2022

Dear Linda R,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize for the cleanliness in our room and for the check in experience. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed April 16, 2022

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night after a (4) days wedding at one of the islands in the Bahamas. Unfortunately there was no hot water from the time we arrived to the time we left. I spoke to both managers at the time and never got a clear response about when the problem would be resolved. When we returned from our trip I called the hotel again but was given the run-around. I then called customer service and sent an email, no response.

On a positive note the breakfast was good. Also, the location was busy, but directly across from the beach.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 953miaz
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2022

Hello 953miaz,

Thank you for your choosing our Holiday Inn Express Nassau for your stay and for taking the time to give us feedback. We are all about giving exceptional service to our guests and are committed to comfort in every way. I am sorry that amenities were not readily available during your stay. I'll share your sentiments with our hotel management team as their reference for improvements.

I hope we get the chance to serve you and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed April 2, 2022

I wish I could rate this HOTEL 0 and below !! 1 star is too much ! We booked a room online and when we arrived, they told us they didn’t have any more room for us! 2 days later, they took 450usd on our card and they don’t want to give it back to us! We didn’t sleep there and they took our money !! RUN from those thiefs

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank myriamf665
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2022

Hello myriamf665,

Thanks for sharing feedback. We offer a simple and engaging place to rest. However, what you experienced is not a reflection of this. I am sorry for the letdown. Your review was made known to the team. Comments such as yours are valuable and relayed to the team to help point out areas needing additional attention.

In line with this, do know that I sent a private message to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned in your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Best,