Lowest prices for your stay
$219
Free cancellation until 10/04/22
$219
Free cancellation until 10/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$193
Hotels.com$219
Priceline$219
Trip.com$219
All reviews close to the airport diamond room room hotel lovely boutique hotel transport marble floors private villa hotel is beautiful quiet location stayed one night beautiful pool airport pickup local buses small hotel ocean view the hotel staff third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2022

My son and I just got back from staying at The Ocean West and all I have to say is that the staff are above and beyond amazing!! The manager had the best recommendations for where to go, the best advice, and was extremely knowledgeable. The hotel staff drives you to wherever you want to go and our favorite driver “Carlton” aka W was the coolest chick-a-tarian ever. Someday he’s going to be a famous comedian. I would like to say that we were the coolest guests they ever had and I know they will miss us very much. The hotel looks like Uncle Phil’s house in Bel Air so make sure you say hi to Carlton.
We give them 5 stars.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2022 via mobile

Kali, Lee and two drivers took wonderful care guiding me to book tours and getting me to various wedding events over a five day stay. I had a wonderful first trip to the Bahamas due in part to a wonderful hotel and concierges. The patio is gorgeous and where I spent each dawn and sunset. I also had an omelette each day and ate on the patio overlooking the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable and bathrooms were nice. Would return. Highly recommend this boutique hotel!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Ocean West, Guest Services / Front Office at Ocean West Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi WendyPCo,

We greatly appreciate this amazing review! We endeavor to go above and beyond to ensure our guests experience a memorable time with Ocean West family. I will definitely inform the staff of your compliments and appreciation, as they are the most important members of our team.
We look forward to hosting you again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2022 via mobile

Peaceful, calm, luxurious, priced very well. Happy with the cost.

Staff were top notch hosts. Friendly, welcoming, fun, gladly informative, showed empathy toward addressing any safety concerns we innocently asked about moving around oir local area.

Room tip: Let the local providers transport you around town. You learn from them, you support the economy. If considering Atlantis, stay here and by day passes to the Atlantis.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi there Datpnw,
We're so happy you had a great experience at Ocean West. Your review made our day. Thank you!

Reviewed April 14, 2022 via mobile

Just read some of the (very few) negative views, and felt compelled to respond.

1. Those who felt this wonderful hotel was too expensive have almost certainly not stayed at many other Nassau-area hotels! This is actually towards the bottom of prices for almost all the hotels; you get a very tired room and lobby at several others in this price range, you have anonymity in those larger ones, little one-on-one interactions with staff, etc. Before people review, I wish they had an idea of the going rates for the specific area! Sadly, Nassau is just insanely expensive in general :( I don’t mean to be rude, but if this hotel is too expensive, maybe Nassau is not an ideal trip for you? I would also point out that most of the other hotels charge outrageous daily “resort fees” (upward of $100/day!!), whereas Ocean West does not. Add everything up, and I think you’ll find that this is the island’s best values by far — if you don’t need a constant supply of entertainment!

2. People are concerned that staff members perform more than one function?? Sheesh - I think it’s great! A 10-room hotel cannot keep a dedicated employee in each arena, so this is a great use of staff. I have probably stayed here 7-8 times, and every single time have found the staff to be the most accommodating, friendly, and professional of any lodging institute I know!
3. Someone called the furnishings “kitschy” and “tacky.” My mother was a museum curator, and I can tell you that these decorations, from the stunning European chandeliers to the preserved samplers of 19th century embroidery and the gilt furniture, are marvelous. The hotel is furnished in the style of Louis XV, which was an ostentatious display of wealth, as exemplified herein!
4. If you expect the trappings of a large resort, why on earth would you select a self-professed small, 10-room BOUTIQUE hotel? This is a superlative example of that genre. But it is not for those who need 24-hour entertainment ;)
5. The hotel is definitely an expensive taxi ride to downtown Nassau and/or Paradise Island, but it is only about 7 minutes from the airport - arguably the absolute closest of any hotel. One way or the other, you will pay for the cost of transportation for a trip from the airport to the attractions of downtown. I prefer this quiet hotel, thank you very much!

Room tip: The Topaz room, with two single beds, feels noticeably more cramped than any of the others (though it’s still great, and the view is good).
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank fennelle
Reviewed April 1, 2022

Helpful friendly staff, (in particular took the trouble to make a number of calls to track down a missing Covid test result- thank you again!), good local buses, quiet location, great bar within walking distance and amazing views. All details on the website were accurate.

Room tip: We loved the Emerald room. Great balcony with sunloungers and stunning views.
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank nickycB2894DD

Hi NickycB2894DD,
Thank you for sharing your amazing review with the platform. Staff are so friendly because we have the best guests!! We are here to help with whatever you need and to ensure you enjoy your accommodations and trip on the island. Take care!