“Nice restaurant downtown”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Good food & friendly staff - Can’t ask for more. My partner had a paella which she liked, and my grilled lobster with Spanish fries was amazing!
The churros were ok - Could be better - but honestly, I didn’t expect perfect churros so far away from Spain. Overall, would recommend it!

1  Thank BigMoose36
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

For years I have heard great things about Cafe Matisse so my expectations were quite high for tonight’s dinner date.

Unfortunately our expectations were not met. While the patio dining area was lovely our food was not as good as the meals we had at other establishments on the island this week.

Service at Matisse is very good, but we were swarmed by flies when our meals were presented and we had to ask for gel burners - would have expected staff would have done automatically at such a fine dining restaurant.

I ordered giant grilled prawns with a cucumber avocado salad. While the prawns were huge they weren’t as tasty as expected and the salad was a real letdown it seemed to have no dressing or flavour at all simply diced cucumbers and avocado.

My wife had a rose pasta dish and enjoyed it, however, she had previously eaten here and felt it wasn’t as good as her previous visits.

Definitely not so much superior to other dining options on island to justify the price.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

great restaurant. Exceptional service. there were 2- 3 people waiting on us at all times. Food was great. Highly recommend and get reservations.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Right from the warm greeting we got from Alan to the superb service we got from Tiko and the beautiful garden with orchids in bloom in the trees, everything was perfect. We ate in the garden which is lovely and started our meal with wonderful martinis. The herbed bread was a very good accompaniment. We shared an appetizer of octopus which was delicious with warm potatoes and olives. I had the lamb shank which was falling off the bone delicious. My husband had the oso bucco which was also delicious. Though we do not usually have dessert we just had to cap this wonderful evening with some and had the creme brûlée. It was easily enough to share and excellent. The coffee was a good ending to a perfect evening and meal. I can't wait to go back. Do ask to eat in the garden

1  Thank vishty
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The Café Matisse is a must for every visitor in Nassau. This restaurant which, unlike its name, claims to be an italian restaurant, really gives you the feeling to be eating in Italy. I had the „Insalata di Polipo“ which was real great as a starter followed by the „Grillata mista di pesce“... simply wonderful. The Chardonnay that was served fitted perfectly and as a desert I had the absolute classic „Tiramisu“... a bit short of espresso inside but the mascarpone-cream made up for this. The sweet Sauternes fitted perfectly too and I left a happy man . 2 thumbs up for the place, the swift and gentle service and a fantastic ambiance . Grazie mille ed a la prossima .