“Honeymoon Dinner Disaster”

Price range: US$20 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bahamian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Atop the Club Land'or Resort on Paradise Island, you'll have beautiful views of Nassau on one side and the Atlantis Marina on the other. The Blue Lagoon is an institution around Nassau and Paradise Island. From its long history to its five-star ratings and rave reviews, generations of guests have enjoyed dining in The Blue Lagoon. For many, the Blue Lagoon is a regular destination while others choose to come for special occasions. Either way, we will make your evening special. Let our career service staff cater to your every need and make your experience something you talk about for years.
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I don't know how these reviews are so variant... I did some research before coming to the island and read all of the reviews posted on TripAdvisor; I can not believe that this place has a 4 out of 5 rating... I had made a reservation in advance and mentioned that I was taking my wife out for a special dinner for our honeymoon (something I figured would be at least mentioned during our meal). When walking in I didn't think I was in the right building, the décor was a combination of a 90's hotel lobby and a Chinese restaurant (see photo). When walking up to the server before being seated I had mentioned I had a reservation at 6pm. The server made a gesture with her hand as she showed the completely empty seating area and said we could sit where ever we wanted. At this point I should have turned around and left. As we reviewed the menu I was getting overwhelmingly hot. Since I thought I was going to a more upscale restaurant I had wore a dress shirt and pants assuming there would be air conditioning like every other structure on the island (the security shack at Atlantis even had AC). As mentioned in previous reviews there were multiple fans positioned to circulate the hot humid air around the room. Prior to ordering I asked the server about the happy hour specials and or complementary conch fritters from which I heard so much about on the website and from the reviews on this site. The server said there was no specials (I was dining on a Thursday at 6pm). My wife ordered the lobster fettuccini and I ordered the surf and turf (med-rare) as all steaks should be cooked. I will admit her meal was good, the lobster not overcooked and was well portioned. My meal however was, as my review suggests, "terrible". The lobster was overcooked and very tough, the "sirloin steak" was approximately 1/2-inch think and was well done. The mashed potatoes that came as a side were undoubtedly from a box and the carrots from a can. Another thing mentioned in the reviews was that they had the feeling that the food had been frozen and thawed before preparation; something I can agree with and thought about before coming back from my vacation to re-read the reviews! I was embarrassed I brought my wife here and I hope that when people read this review they think twice about coming to this place.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is a tourist trap. They wait outside and lure walkers buy to make a reservation. The place is a dump.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Reservations made weeks in advance. Three calls to confirm and ask for a good view, one of the supposed trademarks of Blue Lagoon. When we arrived, we were then informed that the restaurant was under renovation and are shown to a table in the bar. So much for the view. Air conditioning was insufficient, but bar tender did move a fan to make it more bearable. We were the only people there for dinner, with a couple of apparant regulars at the bar. I had a fish au gratin that was good. My wife ordered a baked potato with a side of broccoli. The potato was hard and cold, with the broccoli on top instead of as a side, as ordered. Service was slow, and we were definitely felt as if they were almost surprised they had customers. When we first arrived, they did give is the option to go elsewhere; wish we had. Bottom line: how about a little honesty about the condition of the restaurant when reservations are made. Definitely not a four-star experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This place was right on the bay with a Harbor with awesome Yachts to observe . The ambience was just spectacular. A great Band called What Matters played such Great Dancing Music of the eighties. So much Fun they were so Talented!!!
We had an Amazing time . A must visit if your in Providence Rhode Island . We live in Missouri and we enjoyed the entire experience!!!!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Found this restaurant only by checking menus near our hotel. The outside is in need of major refurbishing and we almost turned around and left. This is apparently a time share but there were no vehicles at 7:30 in the parking lot. We are glad we ventured to the restaurant. WE were the only ones there. Staff were so professional and our entrees were great/ Stuffed Grouper au gratin and Seafood en Brochette. Don't be put off by the front of this place~ enjoyed visiting with the staff as well.