“Consistently Scrumptious with Fantastic Service (Nice Views Too!)”

Luciano's of Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciano's of Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 312 Restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My wife and I had no intentions on dining here during our recent trip to Nassau as we had plans on eating "local" food the first half of our trip and then eating "upscale" for the last half of our trip. However, a rather dismal dinner experience at a "local" eatery left us very disappointed and somewhat (still) hungry. So, while in the cab on the way back to the resort, we decided not to let the "local" joint ruin our experience and agreed to have a second dinner. With that in mind, we decided to give this place a shot as it was on the way back to the resort and was a place highly recommended by many locals, even though we knew it was going to be a little pricey. We arrived rather late and most of the place was empty - the tables with patrons were either having dessert, coffee or about to pay their tabs. We were a little conscious about being "that table" as we presumed most of the staff were hoping to shut their stations down and get home. Yet, to our pleasant surprise, we were greeted warmly and treated as if we were their first table of the night. Bahamian hospitality is world class ... at least at Luciano's in Nassau. We ordered martini's with blue cheese stuffed olives - we were shocked when Nils, our waiter, told us they had the olives, and he said if they did not, he would make them himself. I ordered the mussels alla pugliese (a brave and potentially disastrous item to order so late at night, but it worked out) and my wife went with a salad to start. I guess in the Bahamas they only give you 8 or 9 mussels when you order this dish, as we received the same number at another place when we ordered the appetizer, but unlike the other place, the mussels at Luciano's are plump and packed with flavor. For entree's I went with the NY Strip (medium rare) and roasted potatoes while my wife opted for the zucchini and eggplant lasagna. The dishes were super-fantastic-delicious!!!! My steak was done perfectly and was very flavorful - honestly, it was as good as the steaks you get at expense account restaurants like the Capital Grille, Morton's etc. in the States ... and my wife raved about her lasagna. We ended the meal with a cappuccino (for me) and glass of port (for my wife) and a plate of fruit which our server informed us was complimentary since it was my wife's birthday week. Given that we arrived at Luciano's having been bitterly disappointed with our experience at the other place earlier that night and not sure what to expect when we sat down, we ended up leaving properly sated and extremely happy with our experience at Luciano's. If/when we return to Nassau, we will definitely return to Luciano's and continue exploring the offerings on their menu.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was the nicest dinner we had on Nassau. We had reservations for our group of 8 and the table was waiting for us when we arrived. I had the seafood lasagne and soup of the day, which was the best I've ever had! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal! The portions were perfect, our waiter was wonderful, and they were happy to split the check multiple ways. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The food was delicious and everyone was very attentive. It is set right on the water. We have no complaint and if given the chance would definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Being frequent travelers to Paradise Island, we have had the opportunity to try all of the island restaurants and have consistently been pleased by both the atmosphere and Italian food at Luciano's.Until our most recent visit. The seafood in my pasta dish did not taste fresh and was very skimpy, as well as my husband's fish being bland and tasteless. He had ordered the 3 course dinner of the day. They even substituted what was supposed to be a fruity desert course to a bland pecan pie without informing him and it wasn't until he was eating it that he realized that he did not receive the desert the menu indicated. Additionally, the restaurant was not clean. We decided that we will NOT be going back there, ever!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our dinner and waiter. Make sure to sit outside and enjoy the view of the boats and harbor. Best dish was the country style rigatoni hands down.