5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Booking.com$151
Travelocity$151
Trip.com$151
Lol.travel$273
All reviews fish fry walking distance close to downtown short stay front desk staff arawak cay bay street pool area straw market ocean view samantha ships taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2022 via mobile

Hotel staff extremely pleasant, friendly especially Kimberly at the check-in counter.... House keeping was Awesome, my house keeper Emmanuella was a great Host keeping everything cleaned and stocked. Hotel was dated and needs some upgrades, Air condition is needed in the common area's like the bar, dinning room and check-in as it was very hot and humid! Faye who sits beside the check-in desk offer Wonderful sea excursions packages and gave us Rum cakes Overall they stay at the Marriott was great, close to beach, The Fish Fry eatery, and 10 minutes walking to the straw market.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2022

Dear Kimyaa,
It was a pleasure to host you during your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location. That being said, we apologize that aspects of our accommodations did not meet your expectations, and we have notified our maintenance staff of your comments. It would be an honor to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2022

front desk was friendly and accommodating. new furniture's are needed. stayed here twice and had to kill big roaches. Parking was great and location is great. most places are within walking distance and it's close to downtown. the beach is across the street.

Dear Sybil,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad our proximity to local attractions was convenient. Your loyalty as a returning guest is highly valued, and we sincerely apologize for aspects of your stay that didn't meet your expectations. Our maintenance team will promptly address the issue you mentioned, and your input will aid us in improving the value we offer our guests. However, it's good to know you otherwise enjoyed our friendly hospitality and handy parking. We welcome your kind input and hope to make your next visit a better one.

Reviewed July 23, 2022 via mobile

Marriott Standards. Clean. Convenient location downtown. Easy check in and checkout. There is need for a proper restaurant at least for breakfast and lunch. Had breakfast on one day and I had to go up to a counter to order breakfast for 5 people. Had to remember everyone’s order. Breakfast came in take out containers, whilst we sat down to have breakfast at the ‘restaurant’. Proper restaurant and better service needed.

Trip type: Traveled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2022

On behalf of our Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach team, the pleasure of having you was all ours, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our clean accommodations and prime location. Your input about our restaurant service is greatly appreciated and will be considered as we constantly strive to improve in the areas that matter most to our valued guests. It would be wonderful to see you again, so please come back soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2022 via mobile

On July 13 I walk in at the front desk at the Marriott and ask if there's any rooms there was any room. The young man In his early 20"s say yes I didn't take his name. I was very happy and feel tired because I had a long day. I told him 3 times I need 4 nights from the 13-to the Sunday the 17 of July how much is the total. He say let he check I waited patiently...then he say it's $709.47 I was so tired and exhausted I just pay anxious to go get some rest... I had 4 luggage he told me bellman will come and help..after I run my card no one business with me no more
While I was standing there he not trying to assist anyone..so I ask for a trolly to bush up my things to my room. The front desk also told me I get 2 free drinks I don't see that yet.. on Saturday the 16 of July my door knock the bell man come and ask what time am checking out..I say am not sure what ur talking about my check out is tomorrow...then few minutes after front office call me say I paid for 3 nights and not 4 nights so I walk down to the front desk..and they apologize I told her she was there when I was checking In and repeatedly say 4 nights if they don't please ask question. She say I need to pay another $270.37 for the last night. I told her this is very disturbing for me
. But I pay $900 and change for 4 nights that give no service everything broken bathroom shower broken and shower pipe slack..
If you want to warm food everyone as to go to the gift shop. No microwave in the rooms
I almost fall down several times in the bath tub it's very slippery with the soap because no matt inside the tub
.when I check-in no iron in the room I call for one it never come I call an hour later it didn't come the next morning I had to go down to front desk for it myself... today July 17 I just check out, they just changed my card again behind my back without my consent. I leave the room in very good condition. So I call the hotel and ask why did they all change my card a third time. She say we didn't collect enough when I already paid $979.84 then they go back change my card $21: and change..
I find front office to be very unprofessional. The house keeping staff was very helpful nice and friendly..even the restaurant roof water pouring from when it's raining..this hotel have no live music no Entertainment nothing no service for this high price . And charge people card without they permissions is dishonest.

Room tip: Please becareful
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sexylexcy
General Manager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2022

It is very disappointing to learn that you had such an unpleasant experience at our property. Providing outstanding hospitality is extremely important to us, and we are sorry if certain aspects of your stay fell short. Rest assured, we will take your comments and share them with our team so we can make improvements to our service. Additionally, we are sorry about the problems with your bathroom. Please know our front desk team would've been more than happy to assist you with this issue had they been aware of it. Regarding the charges you received, we kindly ask that you reach out to us offline so we can clarify any concerns you may have. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we wish you well.

Reviewed July 10, 2022

The rooms were ok, AC was broken thru out the Hotel, dining area was like 90F too HOT. Area is very dangerous, not a good place to take a family! Desk staff did not seem to care. Pool area was nasty and not maintained.

Date of stay: August 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2022

Dear Ronald,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, however, please accept our apologies for any lack of amenities during your visit. This is never our intention and we'll be sure to have our maintenance team look into your comments further and make changes where necessary. Thank you, and we hope you'll consider joining us again later down the road.