15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com$599
eDreams$599
Trip.com$599
Agoda.com$599
Algotels
StayForLong
3,486 results
All reviews golf cart mango deli beach cafe public ferry kids club cruz bay watersports main pool time share st john per person trunk bay bedroom villa heavenly bed in town ferry service red hook ferry ride
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2022 via mobile

We enjoyed a week here at the Westin. Highlights are the gorgeous grounds and friendly and very helpful staff. Neil was one fabulous employee who seemed to be around all the time and drove shuttles and helped with anything we needed. The golf cart shuttles were super helpful to get around property with arms full of bags, groceries etc.

The pool and beach are lovely, very clean and well cared for. We ate dinner at Snorkels which was very good!! We did not eat the $65 pp Carribean Feast on Tuesday but the menu looked great.

Tips:
1. Bring groceries, they are very expensive here. Bring coffee, filters, spices, mayonnaise, peanut butter etc.
2. Every day you can take the “shopping” ferry trip which includes an air conditioned shuttle trip from Red Hook port in St Thomas over to the main Charlotte Amalie shopping port. You have to purchase the unlimited ferry pass to do this, but it’s worth it if you go to St Thomas more than once.
3. Cinnamon Bay Beach / rent the floats rather than chairs! You’ll spend a lot more time in the water…
4. Be on time for shuttles, ferries etc. They aren’t kidding with departure times!
5. Buy a bucket drink on day 1, which you can refill unlimited times for $16 which is the price of one drink.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marie M
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2022

Marie, thank you for sharing your review. We're excited that you found our associates to be friendly and helpful, and that Neil was exceptional! We hope you had a very memorable time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 16, 2022 via mobile

We had the worst experience at this resort. We booked our villa 8 months in advance and on the 2nd day of our trip we were kicked out of our villa because an owner showed up. We were without a room from 9am until 5pm until they were able to move us to another villa which was a downgrade. This happened to multiple people while we were there. And then on our way to the airport, the resort shuttle broke down (they should not have been using it). And we were stuck on the side of the road with our luggage until another van picked us up. No apology or even an acknowledgement of what happened from the resort.
Outside of that, the resort is just so so. Food and amenities were mediocre at best. The spa was closed. No music or atmosphere at the pool.
There are so many great resorts to visit, I would definitely not recommend this one.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2022

My husband and I and our friends were recent visitors to the Westin. Our issues began before the trip when our personal concierge Teri Wine contacted me. I had questions I asked to be answered via mail which for some reason seemed unacceptable. She kept wanting to call me which was not convenient for me at all. I ended up finding out the answers when we arrived, sort of. My simple questions could not be answered by the resort staff, such as was the top of St. Thomas open (banana daiquiri bar) and Colombo's (top of St. John). All I got was an I don't know. I'll let you know they both are. We found out for you.

The website and what is actual true aren't the same. You don't email the Westin prior to your arrival on their Great Cruz Bay shuttle, you do it at the airport.

Paperwork upon check in regarding restaurant hours and days of operation in town were not correct.

One night we received a check out notice for an entirely different guest!

The most upsetting and frustrating occurrence was that upon check out after our first week in the two bedroom loft, we inadverntely left 7 pairs of my husband's sock and underwear in the Master Bedroom. We called Service Express by 1pm that same day when we discovered our mistake(no one else had yet checked in according to Service Express). Over two days and five calls we were told no one was in the room/security would check it out and call back...never did either occur. On Tuesday following our Sunday check out, I went to the old room myself and left a note on the door. The new occupant was kind enough to call me back stating there was nothing in any of the drawers.

On Wednesday I found Shemell from housekeeping and explained the situation. In the interim we had gone to St. Thomas and bought my husband new underwear and socks. Shemell vowed to check out the situation and call me back. She did call with the information later that day that upon checking there was nothing in any of the drawers. She offered to credit us the cost of the underwear/socks we had purchased, while nice, did not cover the cost of what was lost.

Upon our final check out on June 6 housekeeping was waiting to enter the room to clean. We left her my beach hat. She informed us while nice, it wouldn't sell in her shop which was supplied with lost items from the resort! Seriously? Had we had time we would have checked out her store for our lost items.

While the rest of our stay was lovely, we were embarrassed in front of our friends over all of these issues.

We will be back but definitely will do our research ahead of time and not count on the staff.

Room tip: Do not stay in the Sunset Bay Rooms. They are much too small for more than two people. Our party of four was crowded.
Date of stay: May 2022
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2022

Hi Leslie, thank you for your recent visit at the Westin St. John. Resort Villas. We are truly sorry the items that was left behind were not located. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we cannot wait to welcome you back for a better stay!

Reviewed August 9, 2022 via mobile

See Janell at Snorkels!!!! Wonderful service Resort was good too. janell made our visit Really oh and the guys that drive us up the hill but mostly Janell. Snorkels is where it’s at. We highly recommend the fun bar team. Lots of fun. Otherwise enjoy walking.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi, we're excited to hear that you had an overall great stay and the Janell were enjoyable. Thank you for taking time to provide your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2022

We stayed in a two-bedroom villa, which was updated, clean and had everything you could want/need in the kitchen. Staff was accommodating and helpful and there is a shuttle that will take you from your room to the pool/beach area. Pool is very large with daily activities for the kids and the beach area is a nice size (better than the Marriott in St. Thomas) and finding chairs at either the pool or beach was never an issue. Free use of Kayaks, Paddle Boards, floats was also great. Bar service was always easy, and they do walk around taking orders and we ate at the Grill often, but wish they had better food options as after a few days you are kinds over the menu. They do have pizza and sandwiches at the Deli onsite however some of the staff in there did not seem happy to be there or help you.

DO go take day trips to each beach the beaches are gorgeous and each one offers you a little something different. DO take the island tour from the hotel, driver (John) was so nice, knowledgeable, took pics of us and gave us great info about the island. Soo worth it.

I do think however they can up their game by doing some of the following; (1) offering a Westin shuttle for free a few times a day which drops off in one spot in town (the taxi's charge you per person per trip so it does get costly) (2) A better breakfast option at Lemongrass as currently the only option is a 27 buffet. Yes, you can get a few things at the Deli onsite but mostly muffins bagels. You can't get pancakes, etc. which would be nice and to offer would be a great addition. (3) Lemongrass should also offer dinner daily and a more upscale menu then the grill restaurant by the pool. (4) The Deli could offer more food options (the breakfast egg sandwich was microwaved, and they sandwich options could be better. (5) The ferry is $127 pp which should be more in line with the local ferries (which with luggage costs about $25 pp) and/or if you purchase the ferry tickets via Westin, they offer you more than unlimited trips to St. Thomas, which actually no one told me was included in the $127 cost.

Overall, a great stay, would do back in a heartbeat and with some minor improvements it most definitely would be a 5 star resort!

Date of stay: July 2022
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at The Westin St. John Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2022

Hi, we're excited to hear that you had an overall great stay and the staff were all accommodating and helpful. Thank you for taking time to provide your review. We hope to see you again soon!