“Shambolic place.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Vue Merthyr Tydfil
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went on 4th April with 3 grandchildren. After waiting 25 minutes we got to the counter and were told the showing was full even though it was still showing as normal on the screen. Not enough staff and they appeared to be slow and not well trained. The same staff checking people in were also serving food and drinks at the same time which made things VERY slow. No indication on screens of which showings were sold out.
In all a total SHAMBLES and I will never go there again - not even if I was paid. A shocking way to treat customers. Of course Vue will not care a jot because they were full.

1  Thank Bryan E E

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Ridiculous how few staff are working during the afternoon peak (schools finishing)
Waited 20 minutes to be served - absolutely shocking customer service and had to remortgage the house to purchase anything!! Shame that it’s so expensive otherwise I would most probably visit more often

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Like to go see a film a couple of times a month but merthyr Vue show the same films for weeks , been waiting for The Shape of Water , in other Vue cinema,s but to far away from me, why aren't you screening it ? Love going to this cinema , early in the morning or late afternoon doesn't matter the staff are always cheerful and helpful. Give them all an employee award.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t get a drink on way in. Queue way too long. Went back out after film started. Queue was nearly out the door So went to get one half way through film. Queued for 15 minutes and they wouldn’t serve me because I didn’t have a ticket. Ridiculous. They wanted me to disturb others to go back to get my ticket. I gave up in the end

2  Thank Allyson E
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I'm a big cinema fan and having recently moved in to the area I was keen to try this, especially since The Last Jedi was showing ! I booked online but needn't have bothered, there were maybe a dozen in the theatre . This is a multiplex cinema that has 4K projectors and a pretty good sound system although as usual in multiplexes it lacks real bass because it's expensive to stop this leaking between cinemas. Take your own nibbles, the foyer prices are ludicrous. The general impression is good, toilets were clean and the theatres well laid out with disabled friendly seating. We booked the VIP seats but they weren't comfortable, the seat padding had collapsed. Being an early showing with few people, it was quite cool to start with but warmed up as the film progressed. At the time of our visit, all seats were a fiver, pretty good these days.

1  Thank RampantTraveller