Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 02/05/23
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/05/23
Priceline
Free cancellation until 02/04/23
Travelocity$249
Orbitz.com$249
Vio.com$249
All reviews st thomas pools were clean has great food small kitchenette restaurant bar the entire staff beautiful pool beautiful view laid back coki beach island bay vacation root wanda hill taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2022 via mobile

Beautiful, private hotel overlooking Magen's Bay. Quiet with very friendly staff making it ideal for a relaxing retreat. The pictures don't do the pools and outdoor space justice with a nice balance of sun and shade. The Northside Grind is the place to get coffee (I was crazy about the coconut caramel cold brew) and sandwiches on this side of the island, and Root 42 offers laid back dishes from the mainland and Caribbean. The cats that live at Flamboyan as part of the sanctuary are adorable too!

The facilities are a little outdated and you will pay a lot in taxis getting to and from different parts of the island, but that's the tradeoff for the great price and location.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2022

We have been going to Flamboyan on The Bay for many, many years. Just when you think it can't get any better, it just does! We love staying here, and the team at the hotel is so accommodating. They've made a lot of progress since the 2017 hurricanes and it just keeps getting better. It's the type of hotel we enjoy staying at, it's a very "local" feel and the rooms are very unique. WiFi works fantastic and you'll enjoy the streaming services offered on the TV's. The rooms have a small kitchenette, so it's nice to buy some things to keep in your room. Each room comes equipped with Toasters, Microwaves, stove top, mini fridge, pots/pans/dishes, etc. We enjoy the restaurant on property and The Northside Grind, which is a small coffee/sandwich shop. Amazing coffee/drinks/food. Their team is awesome. Anyway, it's a great place, close to Magens Bay by 3-4 minutes, and convenient to just about everything. Love it!

Room tip: There are many stairs, so if you are in a wheelchair, or limited mobility, this may be a challenge for you.
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank Seaguy48
Reviewed February 5, 2022

We visited for 11 days in Jan 2022. The place was a bit difficult to find when we came by rental car, but when I called the hotel we were very close and managed to find it.
The Magens bay beach is close and one could take a walk, but we used our car to get there. The pool is fantastic and the view from our room (same floor as pool) was very nice. (We also had no problems with the friendly cats and nice chickens that one could find on the property, that is part of nice memories). The margaritas served by Route 42 bar were great!
Perfect weather not below 23C dgr at night and not more than 28dgr in the afternoon. Sea water 28 dgr C!
Now we are back in cold, wintry Sweden ,wishing we were back in the Caribbean

Room tip: I think rooms on pool level or above have nice view
Date of stay: January 2022
2  Thank ARP_11
Reviewed February 1, 2022 via mobile

False advertising, misleading, disgusting and I paid for that? If you stay here - you will be asking
The same questions! We were told the room was a nice room. Nice? Next
To a highway, broken down fence with overgrown weeds, missing window coverings, broken parts in the room that were actually rusted and street lights shining in the room - if
you call that nice… you will be happy! How about the sign that says “park at your own risk“? Or, the potholes, chickens running everywhere, “cat sanctuary“ (they literally took the time to explain in their book why there are feral cats running everywhere on the property and stated that as soon as they fix them they clip their ear and bring them back to live out there life on the property) with cans of cat food littering the property? If I didn’t experience this myself and read this review I wouldn’t believe it. It’s all true! How about the statement in the three ring binder that looks like something from my kids school that states the power gets shut off every Saturday at 3 PM? Lo and behold the reason the power gets shut off is because they use a generator to run the entire property calling it off the grid! It’s more like they didn’t repair anything after the last hurricane came through! There were 3 steps up to the area where the bed was with an in wall AC unit that lit up and hummed all night. The three steps - begging for an injury from the sharp corners or fall trying to walk to the bathroom. Thank god it was only one night but I urge you to find a different place. They need to do some serious renovations, repairs and updates including the broken driveway with massive potholes and broken pieces of walls and tile that liter the area where you sit and wait for your taxi.
How about the front of the Hotel with the aromatic scent of shiny cat food cans littering the ground? The health and safety department needs to pay them a visit! Never again!

Room tip: Avoid this hotel altogether and create A beautiful memory somewhere else!
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank morleyfamilym
Reviewed November 5, 2021

I travel to St. Thomas every week or two, have been trying to stay here the past couple months, but they've been booked, . Now I know why.

It's a beautiful property, the entire staff is attentive, and welcoming. On my first of 3 nights, there was an issue with the room, and Carla at the front desk knocked it out of the park by taking care of it right away.

I -strongly- recommend the onsite restaurant Route 42 Bar & Grill. It's so good, I had drinks, apps, and dinner 2 of the 3 nights. I didn't take advantage of the beautiful pool setting (those on vacation will find lounging by the pool very relaxing as there are lots of comfortable chaise lounges); instead, I went swimming in Magens Bay just a 3min drive down the hill.

I highly recommend Flamboyan On the Bay Resort and Villas, and will be booking again - even if it's a couple months out!

Date of stay: November 2021