Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 12/04/22
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/04/22
Travelocity$189
Orbitz.com$189
Tripadvisor$189
All reviews st thomas has great food small kitchenette restaurant bar the entire staff beautiful pool beautiful view laid back taxi driver coki beach island bay vacation root wanda hill taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed February 1, 2022 via mobile

False advertising, misleading, disgusting and I paid for that? If you stay here - you will be asking
The same questions! We were told the room was a nice room. Nice? Next
To a highway, broken down fence with overgrown weeds, missing window coverings, broken parts in the room that were actually rusted and street lights shining in the room - if
you call that nice… you will be happy! How about the sign that says “park at your own risk“? Or, the potholes, chickens running everywhere, “cat sanctuary“ (they literally took the time to explain in their book why there are feral cats running everywhere on the property and stated that as soon as they fix them they clip their ear and bring them back to live out there life on the property) with cans of cat food littering the property? If I didn’t experience this myself and read this review I wouldn’t believe it. It’s all true! How about the statement in the three ring binder that looks like something from my kids school that states the power gets shut off every Saturday at 3 PM? Lo and behold the reason the power gets shut off is because they use a generator to run the entire property calling it off the grid! It’s more like they didn’t repair anything after the last hurricane came through! There were 3 steps up to the area where the bed was with an in wall AC unit that lit up and hummed all night. The three steps - begging for an injury from the sharp corners or fall trying to walk to the bathroom. Thank god it was only one night but I urge you to find a different place. They need to do some serious renovations, repairs and updates including the broken driveway with massive potholes and broken pieces of walls and tile that liter the area where you sit and wait for your taxi.
How about the front of the Hotel with the aromatic scent of shiny cat food cans littering the ground? The health and safety department needs to pay them a visit! Never again!

Room tip: Avoid this hotel altogether and create A beautiful memory somewhere else!
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank morleyfamilym
Reviewed November 5, 2021

I travel to St. Thomas every week or two, have been trying to stay here the past couple months, but they've been booked, . Now I know why.

It's a beautiful property, the entire staff is attentive, and welcoming. On my first of 3 nights, there was an issue with the room, and Carla at the front desk knocked it out of the park by taking care of it right away.

I -strongly- recommend the onsite restaurant Route 42 Bar & Grill. It's so good, I had drinks, apps, and dinner 2 of the 3 nights. I didn't take advantage of the beautiful pool setting (those on vacation will find lounging by the pool very relaxing as there are lots of comfortable chaise lounges); instead, I went swimming in Magens Bay just a 3min drive down the hill.

I highly recommend Flamboyan On the Bay Resort and Villas, and will be booking again - even if it's a couple months out!

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2021

I love visiting this place! I just returned back for the first time since 2017. They are still doing some updates but already the changes look amazing. You get a great view of Magen's Bay from your room and at the pool. It's a quiet place and the restaurant on site has great food. The Coffee shop on the grounds is a great spot to grab breakfast before heading out for the day.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed July 20, 2021

I was visiting family in St. Thomas for the first time and chose this place because it was close where my family lives. I lucked out! I stayed in a studio, which I think is the "older" part of the hotel, a studio. There are newer, 1 and 2 bedrooms suites. My room was CLEAN - which is the most important part. There was a kichenette with a stovetop, microwave, mini-fridge, sink, dishes, toaster and coffee pot (no coffee provided though). There was a TV but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work (and was too busy and lazy to ask). The bed was comfortable, clean linens, we had a patio. There is a cafe on-site for breakfast and lunch (they have coffee!) and a restaurant/bar for dinner and drinks. I ate at both multiple times and was very impressed by the service and quality of food. Plenty of parking if you have a car. The place is a cat sanctuary so there are cats that room around, and there are roosters that crow at 4 am. They also have two pools that I never used (although they were very clean and well maintained) because Magen's Bay Beach is about 5 minutes from the resort and so much better than a pool. The resort also offers beach towels which I found very helpful. I think the only "negative" was the breezeway and stairway to my room was not the cleanest and often smelled. Other than that, I was very pleased with this place.

Room tip: Be aware there is a "older" part of the hotel (studios) and a newer part (the suites).
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed July 18, 2021

Beautiful view of Magens Bay from the pool, beautiful grounds. The staff was always friendly and helpful. If we return to St. Thomas, we will stay here again.

When we tried booking a hotel on St. Thomas, I was trying to find a hotel on the beach, you know like you would when shopping for a hotel for Florida. I am SO glad that I did not book a beachside hotel. St. Thomas is an island where you can easily travel to one beach or another. Tired of Magens Bay, tomorrow you go to Coki Beach. Also, the beachside hotels are really plagued by seaweed this year, really bad seaweed, requiring crews of workers to remove it by the truckload! Hopefully they don't have that problem next year. But, it demonstrates the weakness of trying to find a beachside hotel - what if you don't like its beach, then the feature you paid so much for is suddenly of no value.

Date of stay: July 2021