Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,180 results
All reviews caribbean night buck island moko jumbies monday night fire dancers ribs beach front lounge chairs great snorkeling laid back our honeymoon restaurant bar mahi mahi snorkeling gear relaxing vacation rented a car ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2022 via mobile

Quiet, peaceful and very relaxing. Accommodations are clean and comfortable with outstanding views. Meals are served on time by respectful staff. Very affordable. Close proximity to all the wonderful things to see and do on this jewel of the carribiean

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank garybA9888VJ
Reviewed April 30, 2022

Sitting here in the lobby of "The Palms" waiting to check out. Overall it was a wonderful 3 day stay. Upon arrival, I was a little disappointed because we always stayed at big luxury resorts, and this was a little smaller and tucked away. But after the first day, I'm truly appreciative of the home feel the staff gives, like family. Everything is laid back, if you looking for a crazy, off-the-wall experience this place is definitely not for you. If you want a place for reflection, serenity, and blissful peace. Please come here. My husband and I really connected (conversation wise) something we never did at the big resorts. The beach is private, pool area clean, and quiet. I had a cruzan confusion drink and can I tell you "WOW" Breakfast- the steak and eggs are like butter, omelet fluffy please get!! It's not all-inclusive, but everything is reasonably priced, and good. Dinner-Alfredo w shrimp delicious. This resort is not "How Stella got her groove", but it's definitely where Terry McMillan wrote the book. Couples, over 30 crowd, or looking for reflection place. "The Palms" should be pick. Hope to see you when I return.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank Jazzywife
Reviewed April 29, 2022

Rented a beachfront, ground floor room and views are gorgeous. Bed was comfortable, linens were soft and clean. Shower was really cool, with real rock walls. No complaints about the room or view.
No chickens running around, which was nice because you can walk barefoot around the property. Our best night was our last one, because we met the new property manager, Opa.

Our biggest complaint was the service. There are very young people working the bar. Unprofessional, giggly, paying more attention to their friends. etc. Little to no knowledge on how to make a drink. Spent 18$ for two drinks with no alcohol? Maybe he forgot? Everyone seemed mad, frustrated and generally overworked. The service here is S.L.O.W. plan on 2.5 hours for a meal service. We didn't understand the attire. The waitresses were wearing jogging pants and crocs, serving your 50$ dinner plate.
The food is absolutely outstanding. As long as you go M-F. Weekends here are out of whack and dysfunctional.

Met the new property manager when we left, Upbeat, charming and really trying to change things. Saw him training the staff on basic communication skills when we left. He had music playing by the pool, hung lights and was trying to change the problems with the place. I would recommend without kids.

Don't drink the coffee, I wouldn't exactly call it coffee in the first place. More like flavored bean water in your room and instant soupy black sewer water from the kitchen. Bring your own from home and save the heartache. Order wine or beer as it requires no skill. At least until Opa overhauls the staff and gets them training or replaces them. Hope he keeps the chef!

Room tip: Beach front ground floors in the A building are great!
Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank Nichole D
Reviewed April 4, 2022

The Palms is an older resort. I know it was recently purchased so previous reviews probably relate to the previous owners. The room was in need of an update and the bathroom door was broken. But the location of the room and the views were incredible. As my intention was to only sleep in the room I was fine with that. The staff was mostly friendly. Some more than others. A HUGE shout out to Ramon who was friendly, helpful and always available if needed. He made up for the other staff people who were distant and indifferent to the guests. We loved the food during the day (breakfast and lunch were amazing) Dinner, not so much. I am guessing there were 2 different cooks for the different shifts. We opted to eat an early dinner pretty much every night so we could get the lunch menu and the 1st shift cook. The location of the hotel is on the windward side of the island, so we had pretty strong wind in the mornings. But it was a very quiet area and the sounds of the waves were all we heard at night. Apparently hotels in Fredricksted are also right on the beach but there is a lot of foot traffic so its not nearly as quiet as Christensted, which is where the The Palms are located.. They had entertainment every evening. Which was great because we didnt want to have to travel at night. The area is safe, but driving on the left is already difficult enough without having to drive at night. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Its not as luxurious as other "resorts" I have been too, but homey.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed March 12, 2022 via mobile

This is a small boutique hotel. Several small buildings with maybe 12 units each. This area was slammed by a hurricane in 2017 so many properties around still wiped out . But this hotel up and running. Rooms OK , comfortable beds with great views and Lanai. Some items show rust but you are right on the Carribean sea salt air. I found the help freindly, just don't be in a hurry because they have limited help. We have been to all the Carribean islands. Does this compare to the Ritz in Aruba or St Thomas, no. But if you just want to relax and chill out nice location for adults. Prices at bar and restaurant very reasonable. They have maid service every 3rd day. But they will give you whatever you need if you ask or you can get extra room service for 25 bucks or so. Just chill and you will enjoy. Carribean nights a must. Make reservations.

Date of stay: March 2022