6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$269
Expedia.com$269
Hotels.com$269
Trip.com$269
Orbitz.com$269
Travelocity$269
1,451 results
All reviews screened in porch tidal pools dive shop walk in closet north shore sea urchins vaulted ceilings rental car ocean front sound of the waves scuba diving full size fridge rum drinks explore the island cane bay carambola beach resort slow service
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2022 via mobile

The Carambola resort is an easy choice for a future vacation with recreation, views, food, and best of all the Marriott staff - make the location the beauty it deserves to be. My partner and infant truly enjoyed our stay, so much so that we couldn’t wait until end to leave a review.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2022

I’m writing this review as I was awakened at 515 am due to the septic truck that has been here all week, all day. We were offered to move but didn’t want To as we had already packed up and moved rooms once due to no thot water in room, 24 hours later they “start” to fix after we have packed up. We have only seen the bellman on first day sitting in golf cart as we lug of 4 bags(dive gear) ourselves trying to find our room! Rooms are big, ok, have little kitchen but no cookware or utensils, guess because of Covid?? We had car so did not eat here except breakfast, same thing daily, thank goodness for omelets, we get free breakfast, would not want to pay $24 for that, they have waffles and pancakes sometimes but already prepared, not to order. Came to st croix for shore diving, dive shop in hotel, good, they cart your gear to beach, wall is bit of a swim to the wall, glad we had truck to go to other places, restaurants, the landing and off the wall were cheap and good( we aren’t fancy) . It’s just very bad of management to allow construction to start at 515 am! Ridiculous! This could be really nice place, they need to power wash the outside-stairs, windows etc very dirty, hard to believe marriot puts their name to this place. Only 1 staff member breakfast our first day was friendly, no one else says hello.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed August 1, 2022 via mobile

After reading reviews of this resort I was a bit skeptical. But I have to tell you I feel like it is a matter of expectations. If you’re expecting ritz Carlton level amenities and service, it is probably not right for you. If you want to relax & chill in a gorgeous location, with a lovely beach, great pool area, helpful, personable staff - this is your place. It is VERY secluded (which we loved) so if you plan to traverse the island I would recommend renting jeep. The roads have a lot of potholes & the island is still recovering from some pretty severe hurricanes - be patient, be nice & you will be rewarded with some excellent service. Rooms are very large with a kitchenette and sitting room and as far as I could tell all rooms had an ocean view. The tide pool path is also directly accessible from the resort, bring proper footwear, lots of water and leave plenty of time - you don’t want to do that hike in the dark (also don’t really recommend unless you’re pretty agile and have a good level of endurance)

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beechmom28
Reviewed July 31, 2022

I see many of the reviews and I say this. I have stayed here many times and though it is not what most expect you need to know they are trying. The front desk, back office and bar staff here are amazing. Shout out to Camira. Who is an amazing staff member.
I was here when Hurricane Maria battered the island and this Hotel.
It was a horrible thing but the team here made us as comfortable as they could.
They stayed open when other hotels closed and allowed our people to stay.

Yes this hotel needs some major renovations and I do wish the housekeeping staff would get back to marriott standards. But I have seen the improvements and I can't wait to see the improvements that are scheduled.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2022 via mobile

Great location but the facilities were a bit worn out. Did not sleep well and would not sit on the stained couch. No hot water so I checked out after two days. The food was ok and the staff was nice. I just needed to lower my expectations I guess. For the price it was fine but I was hoping more of an experience.

Trip type: Traveled on business
John Moorhead, General Manager at Carambola Beach Resort St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2022

Sherman thanks for your comment. It is a great location and many people have had wonderful vacations here enjoying the surroundings. I'm sorry not everything was up to your expectations. The hotel is currently being renovated - all rooms (including the furniture) and all the public areas will be completed by next spring. We will have new restaurants, lobby, a coffee/ice cream snack bar and a new spa. I hope you will visit again to see the improvements and I'm sure it would meet your expectations when completed.
Thanks again for your feedback.