“Gem of a Island”
Review of Chacachacare

Ranked #38 of 112 things to do in Trinidad
More attraction details
Owner description: This mysterious, uninhabited island, once the site of a colony of lepers run by a group of nuns, is only five miles off the northwest coast of Trinidad.
Reviewed December 22, 2016

Great for a hiking and boat trip in one. The island itself is very nice with two very warm water beaches. There are a few good hikes to the salt pond, abandon nunnery and lighthouse. At the light house you will get the best views of Venezuela than any other spot in the country. The water surrounding the island is a nice creepy green, making for a unique experience. The water can be choppy on some days for the journey across.

1  Thank Avion C
"destroyed"
"coast"
"beaches"

Reviewed November 28, 2016

This tiny uninhabited island off the northern cost of Trinidad is a gemstone. It's truly beautiful, from it's beaches to its hilly trails. The locals of Trinidad often come down to the island by boat and enjoy a day on the beach or in the water. Unfortunately, this small island has been completely decimated by it's garbage. The people have no respect for such a tiny island, and the government continues to do nothing to change that (as many beautiful places in Trinidad have been destroyed by litter).

Nevertheless, don't let that stop you from visiting this gorgeous little island. It's a fun mini getaway that shouldn't be missed.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Had an excellent time on a boat cruise to this place, music, food, friends and fun. We got to swim so it made it more special

2  Thank Mc1Ewen
Reviewed November 30, 2014

My wife and I were looking for an adventure and wanted to see more of the Chacachacare Islands off the northeast coast of Trinidad. The Crew's Inn recommended Greene (868)755-8972, the captain of the Island Princess. We were delighted that he was willing to meet us on the same day. We headed out from the Crew's Inn Marina at 4pm for a tour around each of the islands at sunset. The boat could have likely handled 50 people and we had it all to ourselves based on the short notice. It was a delightful evening

3  Thank GilbertNeil