“Culinary Capital of the Caribbean, Made Better with Amazing Service”
Review of Veranda

Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Veranda on Seven Mile Beach is a Beach Fish Grill located at Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Our Cayman Islands restaurant offers a vintage inspired and Boho-Chic ambiance and in-style alfresco dinning. Simply done.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've traveled extensively to resorts, hotels, and restaurants across the Caribbean, Latin America, and beyond, but never have I felt more consistently welcome or satisfied than at the Veranda, Grand Cayman.

Of course, I already knew when I planned my trip that Grand Cayman was considered the culinary capital of the Caribbean - its food scene leaves in the dust the reheated buffets and beach shack grab-and-goes of other Caribbean destinations. But even with this understanding, I was wowed by the consistent quality of ingredients and preparation at the Veranda. Steak night - featuring an assortment of meats grilled slowly on spits over the beach - and fish night - at which I had the best swordfish filet of my life - were particular favorites. Not to be matched was dessert - the best I've had in the Caribbean - with intricately assembled flavor and texture patterns that left my table of seasoned foodies truly impressed.

Atmospherically, the restaurant was simple and charming. An apparently recent shabby-chic remodel has made an already attractive beach-side dining space into something altogether more picture-worthy. And though I'd be lying if I said that EVERY seat has a perfect view of the sea, you'd be hard pressed to find a place to miss it.

However, as good as the food and atmosphere were, neither could not match the service at the restaurant. Never in my life have I been treated as well, by people who seemed to genuinely care. I assure you: this is not merely the feigned cheeriness practiced well by some upper crust vacation destinations. No, these people seem to sincerely care for each and every guest on a personal level, making personal connections and putting their hearts into everything they do.

In this vein, I want to thank the following for their particular service:

- Many reviews have already mentioned Michael, and they are right to do so. His incredibly gracious manor and attentiveness to those he serves is matched only by his inside knowledge of the island and the property itself. It is obvious that he believes in himself and what he does, and every experience at the Veranda is better for his being there.

- Mary Ann was incredibly sweet, and connected particularly with our youngest, who she doted upon. We were so grateful for her attention and care, which remained consistent over every dining experience.

- Neil is perhaps the most industrious person I've ever seen in service. He works tirelessly, never forgot a person's name, and was energized to wait on everyone - not just us - from literally the crack of dawn till close. His job cannot be easy, but he deserves applause for fulfilling his role with such graciousness.

All this said, please do not let this review indicate that any other servers were lacking. Although these are the individuals with whom my family most connected, we witness countless times other servers and staff with whom we had not been introduced connect with other guests similarly. One day, I saw an older gentleman embrace in tears a waitress who had apparently connected with him during his stay. Suffice it to say, these people are simply the best of the best, and they make this already-excellent restaurant even better.

1  Thank lvtravel4
Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear lvtravel4, thanks for your detailed review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experiences at Veranda.

You can ask anyone – part of the ultimate Beach House experience is enjoying a candle-lit dinner on the beach as the sun goes down. The ambience is priceless. The sound of crashing waves in the distance, the feel of the soft warm breeze and the perfect view of the sparkling turquoise ocean as the sun sets on the horizon. It really is paradise.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was fantastic, you can’t beat the view, and the food was awesome. We ate here everyday for lunch during our stay at the Marriot. Michael our server was great!!

Marriott_GrandCayman, General Manager at Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear brittanygoodwin719, thanks for your positive review. We appreciate your kind comments about our great food and excellent service.

With more than 106 different nationalities represented on our beautiful island, Cayman inevitably has a diverse culinary offering. There are a mixture of gastronomic influences stemming from Europe, South America and the rest of the Caribbean (just to name a few). At our restaurants, we provide fresh, simple and innovative dishes. By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm staying at the Marriott hotel and it's my first time here in the Caymans! All I can say is WOW! The service here at the Veranda restaurant is amazing. Always asking you if youre ok, and looking after me with more water while i work!

Shout out to Michael who was really conversational!

Dear Christopher Y, thanks for your review. We appreciate your generous comments about our amazing service and great staff. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Michael – he will be thrilled that he made a lasting impression.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our server Mary Ann was just as amazing as the food from lobster night. The staff is so welcoming and the scenery is unmatched by any other restaurant on the island. So happy to have eaten a meal here.

1  Thank Teresa L

Dear Teresa L, thanks for your review of Veranda. We appreciate your generous comments about our amazing food and welcoming staff.

With more than 106 different nationalities represented on our beautiful island, Cayman inevitably has a diverse culinary offering. There are a mixture of gastronomic influences stemming from Europe, South America and the rest of the Caribbean (just to name a few). By offering various specialty nights, we feel that we can really showcase a diverse range of delicious cuisines. We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thank you for choosing Marriott and we hope to welcome you back to our resort again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

outside seating is very pleasant! We stayed at the MARRIOTT .our first night we really enjoyed lobster night so good and Michael our server was great.
I highly recommend the veranda!

Dear Natalie G, thanks for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our signature Lobster Fete!

Did you know that parents are invited to bring their children to the Kids Club Pajama Party taking place just a stone’s throw away from Veranda during our Lobster Fete? This is a complimentary service for guests dining at Veranda on the night and a great opportunity for parents to have a romantic evening out while their kids have a fun time playing games and doing crafts.

Thanks for choosing Marriott and we hope to see you again soon.