“Creative healthy and delicious”

Bread and Chocolate Vegan Bistro
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Modern. Responsible. Delicious. Bread and Chocolate is the first full-service vegan restaurant in the Cayman Islands providing healthy all-day breakfast and lunch alternatives for health-conscious and eco-conscious diners. All breads, desserts, sauces etc. Are made in house. Organic and local produce featured where and whenever possible. Located in the centre of the financial district of George Town. Parking is very limited so plan for a short walk from your car if you drive any day other than Saturday (loads of street parking available on weekends). Bus terminal is next door so it is strongly encouraged to take one of the municipal "buses" which are, for the most part, mini-vans with stickers on them - the EE (East End) bus is more of the typical style bus. Taking the bus is greatly encouraged since it's better for the environment, way cheaper than a cab and is a unique experience on it's own. Some pay parking available at the Town Centre Plaza on Albert Panton Street and behind Bayshore Mall. Table service and take out available. Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.M. To 4 p.M., Saturdays, Sundays and most public holidays from 9 a.M. To 2 p.M.
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Downtown Georgetown held limited interest to us as it's mostly shops selling T-shirts or jewelry. But, the downtown area has a few notable sites, including the National Museum (includes a brief film of Caymanian history), the post office (buy a colorful Caymanian stamp!), and the Bread and Chocolate Bistro. We enjoyed the Shepherd's Pie, Sunshine Pancakes, "Tuna" salad sandwich and, of course, the Bread and Chocolate breakfast (definitely get it with the house-made coconut ice cream). This food is all vegan, creative, and delicious. You do not need to be vegan to enjoy the offerings. Oh, and try the fresh juices (we had orange with ginger). The wait staff are friendly enough and know the menu, but at times seem a bit disinterested. You may wait longer than is typical for other restaurants for someone to take your order, serve the food, and provide a check. They don't generally come by to ask how things are. Still, like I said, they are friendly and the food is superb. Try their homemade hot sauce made with hot peppers and carrots.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A wonderful place for vegans, a must go. Right in the center of Georgetown and conveniently closed by all trendy stores it’s an excellent option for those searching for a healthy eating and vegans

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We ate at Bread & Chocolate twice during our stay at Grand Cayman - both times for brunch. My husband had the tofu scramble both times, and I tried the waffle with fruit, and the tempeh BLT. The food was delicious and fresh, and the service was great. We also tried their coffee - almond milk latte, and an iced coffee. They have great vegan and vegetarian options. I wish we could have gone in the afternoon to try their coconut fritters.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

When I'm in need of a healthy option for breakfast or lunch I go out of my way to head down town and go to bread and choc. All of their dairy free creamer options makes me happy!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I live on island and brought my friend (who was visiting) for breakfast in February. We called ahead of time to see if we needed reservations and the girl on the phone was quite rude and dismissive. When we arrived the girl sitting behind the counter just pointed to a table and didn’t say much. We sat and she wasn’t very friendly, she also took quite a long time throughout our service.

The food was really nice and I would love to try the lunch and dinner menu. I am hesitant to go back based on this experience but I think I may have just caught her on a bad day. The breakfast really is worth it going back though!