5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$170
Expedia.com$202
Hotels.com$202
Travelocity$202
Orbitz.com$202
Hurb$202
All reviews room was clean bingo night highly recommend this place lobster cliffside rooms a great stay warm smile lunch and dinner pasta jost van dyke rum ocean taxis surf bvi cora kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2021 via mobile

I spent 2 days and nights at Sebastian’s and was looking for a place where I could just relax for a couple of days after a week on a sailboat. I had booked a beachfront room so that it would be simple to walk out for a quick swim whenever I felt like it.

The first problem was that instead of putting me in a beachfront room, they put me in one of their “cliffside” rooms. The cliffside rooms are perched on a low cliff overlooking a rocky shore — no simple walk out to the beach. I should have complained about this and demanded the type of room I had booked, but I was feeling very tired and just wanted to take a nap. So . . . I guess it’s as much my fault as theirs.

The cliffside rooms also have an inconvenient location. You have to walk uphill for about 150 yards on the main highway and then down a rough, uneven and unlit side street to get to your room. It’s frankly an unsafe arrangement, particularly when walking back to your room after dinner, with the risk of the traffic on the main highway and the risk of tripping in the dark on the side street.

There are no phones in the rooms, which makes it difficult to reach the office / front desk if you need anything. I could never get through to them on my own phone. The hotel recommends using email, but it was rare that they would respond to an email.

Maintenance leaves something to be desired. Both the bathroom sink and bathtub have a lever or shaft to open an close the drains. In my room the drains would close but wouldn’t reopen. I had to get the maintenance team to stop by to fix the problem. (But then recall the problems in contacting the front office.)

On the plus side, the staff are friendly and the food in the restaurant is good.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank jamesbV4437WF
Jake Barnes, Owner at Sebastian's on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2021

Thank you for your review of our property. I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy about your room. Many of our guests do actually prefer to stay in the cliffside rooms as they are larger and more private, so it's really a matter of personal opinion. Regardless, if you had made your issues known to management, I have every confidence that they would have done whatever they could to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed August 28, 2021

Stopped here twice for lunch and took food home for dinner. Great burger; great drink menu. The pesto pasta was excellent! I love pasta and pesto. This was truly excellent. The calamari was also great. My wife really enjoyed the asparagus salad. The views are amazing!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed August 6, 2021 via mobile

Had a relaxing & fun time at this hotel on the beach. Big comfy rooms with a view. Fresh delicious food. Friendly people working there. Highly recommend to folks who like it simple & local. We will be back. Reasonably priced. Easy walk to Long Beach, with swimming, snorkeling and small beach right out front. Thank you all for a great stay.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Bearcat S
Reviewed February 19, 2021

Comparing to previous years, Sebastian’s has been improving considerably, especially it’s kitchen and night events, at the point to be considered one of the best restaurants in Tortola.
The new Italian Chef is incredibly talented and has upscaled the culinary culture in BVI. His authentic italian dishes fusioned with caribbean touches have been the trendy topic of every foodie in BVI. Please do not miss having a dinner in this restaurant, you will not regret it.

Congratulazioni, Chef Christian and Sebastian Staff!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank FuriaLatina
Reviewed January 24, 2021

The hotel has a unique Wes Anderson-meets-French-Riviera style with a definite Caribbean flare. The rooms are quaint and have a lot of personality. I highly recommend this place especially if you're young and looking to meet other people - they have a great karaoke night on Thursdays. The staff were extremely welcoming and friendly.

Room tip: Rooms facing the ocean are quite loud, especially at night as the waves are quite strong.
Date of stay: January 2021