“Amazing Experience - Hopefully the Start of a Lifetime of Adventures”

Tortola Sailing and Sights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in the beautiful Soper's Hole Marina, we offer IYT & ASA approved courses. From beginner crew to bareboat skipper certification, our experienced instructors are here to make your trip an adventure of a life time. It's not just sailing, think snorkelling, Caribbean food and new friends.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This review is long overdue (my apologies Matt!) but my wife and I completed ASA 101/103/104 over the Christmas holiday in 2017. We had been talking with Matt (the owner) for a while about doing the course over Christmas but after Hurricane Irma hit we didn't know if it would be possible. Matt kept us informed through his journey to get back up and running and we were elated when Matt told us that week would be the very first week the school reopened.

Having said that, the course was fantastic! We were with 3 other students of varying skillsets and Captain Paul. The fact that everyone started from a different set of skills made life a little challenging for Paul, but somehow he managed to pull it off and by the end of the course I believe everyone passed all of their exams.

All of this is to say that we had an amazing experience. I think the best endorsement I can give Matt and his crew is that my wife and I are going back to the BVIs in June and this time we will be chartering our own boat (with a little extra help from Matt along the way).

2  Thank Charles F
"smudges"
in 8 reviews
"nordic"

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have just recovered from one the best experiences of our lives. Not only completing the ASA 101-104 fast track to bareboat cruising course but being shown some of the best scuba areas, wonderful islands and of course local hospitality. A massive thank you to Matt and the crew for making it so memorable. I feel that we will be contacting you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Me and my girlfriend spoke with all of the schools in the BVI and USVI and we chose these guys as they had good reviews and seemed to offer exactly what we were after.
We were not disappointed! The boat is amazing, each double cabin has it's own bathroom and air conditioning plus the wifi was fast and unlimited, we even watched a ball game online!
Our instructor Paul was great and made it fun as well as following the sylabbus and taking time to explain if anyone struggled, this guy has the patience of a saint!
The BVI is looking great and we will be back for advanced course in the summer!
Don't even hesitate in choosing these guys, they are awesome!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My wife Nancy and I just returned from a 10 day IYT bareboat skipper course aboard the "Tack til Nordic" with Captain Paul, Neither of us had any real experience prior to the course and Paul was great. We both feel much more confident in our ability to sail. This was about learning to sail for us, but it also happens to be a beautiful classroom.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We just finished a week aboard Tack Till Nordic taking ASA 103,104, VHF and ICC.The days were busy, active and fun! Captain Paul is a great instructor - both in theoretical and practical sailing skills. He has over 90,000 hours...or was that miles...of experience. First mate Scott was great at sailing and a wizard with any mechanical issues that arose. The food on the boat was excellent, and we stopped in a couple of lively restaurants on the islands. There is some damage on the islands from Hurricane Maria, but the locals are rebuilding, and the water and the wind are just as they always were. I would highly recommend this sailing school for anyone who wants to advance their skills!