See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Usually I am not one to write reviews but I had to for this one.

We arrived at the hotel and in approx 3 hours we left.

Reasons for leaving:
1. The AC units on the 1st floor did not work
2. The room which my father-in-law was suppose to stay in, that door could not lock.
3. His room smelt like tobbacco
4. both bathroom lights were so dim, even though it was day time it was still dark.
5 My father-in-law mentioned that when he took my son to the bathroom and he turned on the light, the maid came up behind him and turned off the light
6. internet is only available in the lobby
The GM was not on site while all of this happened, her daughter was holding down the forte. My father-in-law said he is leaving and went looking for another hotel which was down the road, they found out the cost and came back to sort out the refund, so that we can move on. We had to wait until the GM return for that to be facilitated, meanwhile the GM daughter spent some time searching for another room, which was suppose to be temporary so that my father-in-law would be comfortable until the gm arrive. She said, my fiancee and I could join him upstairs in the temporary room as well, so we all moved in one room. To get to this room, you must pass through a pathway, which was leaking from above hence the towel on the floor, that pathway led to the stairs, to the 2nd floor. When we got to the room, we decided to open the patio door, which we realised could not close back.
Anyway, that was the climax I went downstairs and realised that the GM was back and we were not informed. I updated her about what transpired after she left and told her about my refund; which according to her she could not give, since i booked with expedia she would have to speak with expedia, i said ok and i told her we are leaving.
She was kind enough to give us a ride down the hill to the other hotel and explained to them our situation, since we had to wait on her to get our money to pay the hotel.
We stayed at Stephanie's instead, the ac worked, the lights in the bathroom worked, and we were cool.
Christmas day, when were returned to Stephanie's from our island tour, the GM from Oceanview dropped off a note stating she will contact Expedia about our refund...i got soo mad i went and spoke to expedia myself and in less that 5 minutes i had my refund...she came back later that night with a piece of letter she claimed she sent expedia, which was absurd and according to her, she hasn't heard from Expedia yet about the refund, ok. up to now, i havent told her i got my refund, we paid Stephanie and tried to enjoy the last few hours of our trip.
That was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Toyaboo6
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

This hotel that first seemed like a good find turned out to be abysmal. Me and a friend travelled to gros islet for carnival and had a lack of knowledge in currency exchange. They completely over charged the agreed price and completely took advantage of our lack of knowledge in the ec $ currency exchange. Although the staff seemed friendly, we were scuffed when we asked for a dead cockroach in our room to be removed. The woman behind the desk however was extremely friendly and very helpful when advising us how to travel alone across the island and this review in no way reflects her personally. Just the sheer and utter disappointment of returning home to find i was charged triple the price agreed upon. That, unfortunately is disgusting. Especially considering the state of the economy for the locals. In my opinion, do not use the taxi services, use the buses. And book an apartment. Avoid this hotel unless you have knowledge of the currency or you are local in which case apparently the fees are "supposedly" reduced. It is such a shame because apart from this, our experience in st lucia was delightful!!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dilan K
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Good clean room, nice balcony with sea view and AC. TV was fine with lots of digital channels.
Breakfast fruit, juice toast and cooked breakfast if requested was very good and served promptly. All staff very friendly and cannot do enough for you. Hotel going through renovations, painting, new pool furniture and landscaping of rooftop pool area. boys centre opposite but no problems they only say hello. Bus stop to Rodney Bay (which is only 1 mile away) is 3 minutes walk (4 minutes on way back as there is a 100 meter incline) Definitely Value for money

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a balcony but no view, they are quieter and also more shaded. rooms at the front have a view of sea but overlook the pool and bar area where there is music at the weekends. very sunny on the balconies here in the afternoon at the front.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vivienne H
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We recently travelled to St Lucia on a combination biz/vacay trip and stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. No illusions; we knew we were at a budget hotel and did not expect much. We found a very warm, friendly welcome from Anne Marie, the manager, and her staff. We were given a large, clean room with AC, a large bathroom with great hot water/pressure and a nice view to the front. The pool in the front was smaller than you usually find in a hotel but this was not an issue as we had it to ourselves quite alot and there is a larger one upstairs and it was pristine. We were given large, thick towels for the pool. They could, in all honesty, use new lounge chairs, which have seen better days.This is a property with a lot of potential, but for guests staying there now, you will find the basics, clean, safe accomodations, a staff that will go out of the way to please (even finding and taking us to church service!), and a surprisingly accomplished chef in the restaurant located on the property. Check if breakfast is included when you reserve. This is delicious and pretty, with fresh juice from local tropical fruits, and is an added value and time-saver.The coffee is very good, served with steamed hot milk. There are some steps (all with rails, I might add), so I don't recommend this for mobility impaired guests (although there are plans to increase accessibility). I think this is a good choice for budget business travelers, active backpackers and families since there is adequate bus service to get to Rodney Bay and other points and the beach and Pigeon Island Nature Preserve are a nice, healthy walk away.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front, first floor are more convenient. The staff is super accomodating, so reach out to them if there is something you need.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ZeeM845
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My Girlfriend and I were traveling to Martinique and St.Lucia in February. We rather spend our money on special experiences than on hotels. The building itself is bit worn but It has the Caribbean flavour. It is up the hill through Gros Islet neighbourhood. We were taking this trip several nights during our stay and it was always very safe. It's close to the marina and Rodney Bay beach and mall and the bus costs only 1,5 EC$ plus you can always meet some nice friendly people during the trip. You have to know that the staff is very, very friendly. They always have time to help you, give you some insider tips about the island etc. Everyone is putting much effort to keep the hotel nice and clean. The nicest person on the staff was Anne Marie the General Manager. The cherry on top was her giving as a ride to marina as we had a lot of luggage on our last day.
To all the travelers who gave the hotel only one star: Don't expect 5-star Ritz Carlton quality if you choose one of the cheapest hotels on expedia. Keep open minded, talk to the staff if there is something you don't like and I'm sure they will do their best to help you.

Room Tip: Eventhough you booked the cheapest option without seaview if you talk to Anne Marie and she has some rooms left I'm sure she will upgrade it for you like she did for us at no extra charge.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple