“Excellent food and great service ”
Review of Gobble

Gobble
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Castries
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Although it's a modest restaurant in terms of size and price, it is one of the best place we've eaten on the island. Their saltfish (the St Lucia national dish) and chicken roti were delicious, desserts looked and tasted good too. And, almost as important as the food, the service was unbelivable. The waiter was super friendly and was obviously eager to please his customers. He was very proud of the place, and rightly so. In summary, your best bet for an affordable, friendly, and tasty lunch in Castries.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I had the burger and I would say it in the top 10 ever. Juicy, great spices and a home made bun. Fiends had jerk chicken which was also good. The slaw is a light vinegar type and fresh and worth a try also. Stop in !!!!!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I have had the pleasure of dining at Gobble on several occasions since the summer, and my recent visit was no disappointment. It is one of the few places in town where I could get an actual meal (not fast food lol) beyond 2 p.m.on a weekday. The staff are quite friendly and welcoming, and I have never had a long wait before my order is placed.

I have had the best Chicken Caesar salad there since I discovered the place in July. I also tried the Gobble burger, which was good, but I didn't like the side order of fries too much. My favourite dish there has to be the pork with the garlic mash and salad. It is absolute comfort food and so tasty! I tried their passion fruit cheesecake once and it was definitely something different (there are also guava, mocha and coconut flavours).

I must agree with a previous reviewer, however, that running of certain dishes on the menu, even an hour before closing time, is a definite no-no. Imagine my disappointment when I was told that there was no more Chicken Caesar salad at 2:55 p.m. :( Nevertheless, it is a nice little place and the food is good.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Was just walking past & thought I'd have a bite .. good food friendly staff that keep it simple... I do wish the food portion was a bit larger ☺ but I enjoyed... looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was clean and well ran. Be aware that their meat quality is not the same as the US - I could not eat my burger even though it was freshly prepared. The chips (fries) & cheesecake were great. The server was bothered and sorry that I didn't like my burger but told her it's ok - just not what I'm accustom to.