“DELICIOUS CARIBBEAN FOOD”

Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: Caribbean, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fish and seafood specialties restaurant on water front at Vigie Cove, Chef Xavier Ribot has lead this charming restaurant for 15 years offering french and Caribbean cuisine.
Reviewed 23 October 2016

The Coal Pot restaurant sits on the water's edge just a short drive from downtown Castries. You can see schools of fish swimming in the shallow water from your seat.
The restaurant is comfortably furnished with exotic country furniture and light fixtures
adding to the ambience. You have many choices of truly fresh and delicious authentic Caribbean food.

1  Thank kristinasouth

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant very attentive staff who go out of there way to help you lovely setting for rustic meal

1  Thank alfiesda
Reviewed 11 October 2016

We were just getting off a day-long boat trip when we looked across the dock and realized the restaurant we'd been wanting to try all week was right there. We had a long-standing reservation there too, but we were fairly grubby from being on the boat all day and were worried about our attire. We called and asked permission to come as-is, and we're so glad we did!! While we would have loved to have been more presentable, we were so glad we didn't miss this place! The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the drinks/wine list were very good as well. The best part is the atmosphere here. Right on the bay, with open air seating, soft light from lanterns illuminating each table makes this place romantic and special. We had such a lovely time and would not hesitate to recommend! Get the coconut curry sauce on the catch of the day - you won't regret it!

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Candles, fairy lights and a peaceful setting next to the marina! Me and two friends visited for an evening meal, the food is beautiful! I chose the lobster which was just to die for! My friends both went for locally caught fish which you can have with many choices of different sauces. If I was to return to st Lucia again, I would definitely return!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

My friend and I just got back from St. Lucia and had an incredible trip. Unfortunately, after an amazing day on a boat charter, we had a really disappointing meal at the Coal Pot. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was just shortly after dusk and we were the only people at the restaurant. The server, while not overly friendly was pleasant enough and we got a table by the water (again, we were the only people at the restaurant). We each ordered one of the specialty drinks, which were not bad, and each ordered an appetizer. My friend ordered the chopped salad (which was surprisingly big and my friend was pleased) and I ordered the escargot in garlic butter sauce. Both were good. The problem was the main course My friend ordered the snapper which we were told had just come in today and I ordered the tuna. We both ordered our fish rare (I actually said "rare to raw"). The fish came out so completely overcooked that they both were gray inside and out, neither resembling fish at all. We both left the restaurant having barely eaten our entrée.

Our meal was not inexpensive, but we would have been happy to pay the price had the food been better. This review would have been one star except that the drinks were decent and the escargot was really good.