See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 11 April 2017

If you like being near water and the local flavor, this is it! We watched the boats come in to the Marina via the channel from our room. Pool was fantastic and they offer many activities to keep you busy if you don't want to leave the resort. Staff were very helpful. Food was average; although I must say, the median of the crowd was retirees here. Also a short walk through the marina to find local charters, restaurants, and shopping. We will stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ginac3332016
DRV-BSH, Regional Sales Manager at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Good morning,
It is with pleasure that we read your opinion and we thank you.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
It's a pleasure to see you again ;
See you soon

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

very bad... the first impression of "a big nice hotel" disappeared after we entered the room. €700 for dirty walls, broken locks, no mini fridge, no mini bar (guess every self-respecting hotel has a fridge with at least welcoming bottle of water), 30yo bed covers with spots, electric wires sticking out from the ceiling, the balcony door was impossible to open... and a.. BUG!!! I was absolutely disappointed. I went to the reception asking where is the fridge, why we have those wires on the ceiling.. the receptionist answered me in a rude way like "I'm sorry girl you are not in an apartment or in a hostel to have a fridge in the room, you are in the hotel ☝"... but the woman changed the room without saying anything. the new room was exactly the same but at least instead of the wires on the ceiling we had a ventilator and didn't have problems with the balcony door.
the breakfast was nothing special.. every day the same. I always had a feeling that the canteen was dirty.. broken ventilators, boxes with dishes between the tables created the feeling of slovenliness.

guess this 3*** hotel got one star for the location that is very good, one star for the well kept big territory and the last star for the service.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Наташа Р
DRV-BSH, Regional Sales Manager at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2016

Hello Наташа,
We have advised management to take the necessary action.
We're really sorry.
Best regards

Reviewed 1 August 2016

My friend and me booked a room at Carayou for 3 nights from 28-31 July 2016.
The location is perfect and you are close to the marina, shops, bars and many restaurants.
However, the wifi connection is really BAD , it doesn't even work and this since a long time because the sign that states that at the reception is taped there for a while already! You can see that the tape is old and the sign was there since we arrived....
So I get the feeling that they don't want to invest money in repairing the wifi issues and just put a sign there to inform the guests.
Furthermore, the employees at the breakfast area entrance hardly greet you and immediately ask if you wanna pay cash or by card (we have paid for room only and no meals as yet). One morning a lady even refused my money by saying she has no change and I, THE GUEST, need to go and get change.What a cheek!
I wonder if they ever heard the hospitalty sentence : GUEST IS KING.
They were really giving us a rude attitude.
Besides that, the tables are dirty and there is no cutlery on the tables so you as a guest have to go to an employee and ask for it.
They never pass by your table to take away the dirty plates from the buffet so you sit there with a pile of dirty plates in front of your nose.
Also, they have 2 swimming pools and one is called 'calme' which is not the case at all. There are kids playing ball games and screaming. They should use the other pool for kids and families and the 'calme' pool for adults and couples who want to rest.
To conclude, we study hospitality business management and this experience was way below our expectations! We didn't feel welcome at all and Carayou needs to improve badly on their customer service skills and professionalism!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
DRV-BSH, Assistante Directeur Régional des Ventes at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Good morning,

We have read your comment very carefully and we feel sorry to not have answered your excpectations. Our clients' satisfaction is very important to us, it's sad that you have not asked to meet a member of the direction during you journey instead of saying everything over Trip Advisor. Not a lot of people felt that they were not well received, that is why we are quite surprised. We could have helped you.

Above all of that, we hope that you took time to visit Martinique and that you enjoyed the hotel area.

Best regards;
Hope to see you again despite of your comment,

Caroline MARTIN

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I stayed for four days at this beautiful hotel and I give five points because of the service the beautiful hotel and the nice time I had.Because the hotel is for four-three points if you think more general.I had great room with awesome view cleaned every day.Loved the pool and the beach.And generally I had great time for thinking that I couldn't contact with the most members of the staff because they don't speak english.French is NOT the international language and I'm not allowed to speak french

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Styliprek
DRV-BSH, Sales Manager Assistant at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Good morning,

We're very thankful for your nice comment and are happy to see that our efforts satisfy our customers.
The reason most of the staff members don't speak a word of english is that most of our clients come from France and others French islands. Even though, we are sorry for this little inconvinience and hope to see you in our hotel any time soon.

Best regards,

Caroline MARTIN

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

There is everything together for a good price: pool, white sand beach with beds and shower available, different activities by animators each day, spa, gymn, nice appartements what you can rent from homeaway from individuals with small kitchen and quite old AC but all good! Nice place for families even with small kids!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank iloka01
DRV-BSH, Regional Sales Manager at Carayou Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Good morning,
We hope to see you again;
See you soon