“modern and fantastic french toast”
Review of Blonda

Blonda
Ranked #125 of 1,171 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Blonda is a new culinary concept that combines a Unique Brunch and Mediterranean menu, gourmet Mexican recipes and a touch of the Puertorrican cuisine.
Reviewed 14 March 2016

The decor was fun and modern. I thought my son had died and gone to heaven with the french toast. The staff was really nice. The electricity went out while we were there. The restaurant is small with plenty of locals

Reviewed 10 March 2016

We started with appetizers and that is all I can review, because we were unable to eat another thing by the time we finished them and we are NOT light eaters. We ordered the Blonda fondue which is served in a hot cast iron dish along with a very generous bowl of warm, crisp chips. The longer you wait the thicker the melted Monterey cheese gets. 3 or 4 people could share this We had them add bits of chorizo to the cheese. Our second appetizer was chorizo and red onion sauteed in a red wine sauce. Again, it was enough for 3 or 4 people. It was served with about a dozen slices of toast for sauce dipping. We doggie bagged an order of tostones and a chicken fajitas dinner and I have no doubt we will enjoy them immensely. Service and decor were both excellent and we can't wait to go back and try other menu items. Now that we are familiar with the portion sizes, we will order accordingly. Enjoy !!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We were staying at a hotel nearby and wondered by the place on the night of our arrival and decided to give it a shot. They started with delivering a shot glass filled with their margarita for a sample. It only got better from there. Food was very well prepared and priced reasonably. We found it a very comfortable place to hang out for a leisurely dinner. We definitely recommend.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I've only dined here for Brunch. The egg dishes are very tasty, portions are ample, and the orange juice is fresh squeezed. Their cafe con leche is as good as any that I've had elsewhere.
It is a little pricey but quite good. We enjoyed the contemporary design of the room.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 4 March 2016

Can't complain about a place that immediately gives you tequila when you sit down. The homemade chips and salsa were great! IF you like Spicy food ask for the extra hot mango salsa! The tacos come in orders of 2 or 3, which made me think they would be small "street" tacos but they were much larger than I expected. Great Value. The plantains were a little bit bland but I just put some salsa on them and they were great.