“Amazing french toast!”

Caficultura
Ranked #38 of 1,147 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Coffee Shop and Bistro. Breakfast all day and lunch with tropical flare. Locally sourced.
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Had read recommendation for this cafe before visiting San Juan on a cruise & just had to try it.
My husband and I arrived before noon on a Monday - we had a short wait to be seated.
I ordered the coconut milk French toast which is served with pineapple jam & shaved coconut - it was wonderful.
Other diners' meals looked equally appetizing.
Nice atmosphere, good service even though it is a very busy popular place.
I recommend eating here even if there is a wait to get in - it's worth it.

1  Thank Sharon S

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This is one of the few places in the area open before 10! The servings are large and prices are average for area $11-$15ish. Food was very good as was the coffee.

1  Thank Cherilyn D
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I were here this morning. Our favorite OSJ restaurant was not open yet, this place looked good from the outside so we wandered in. They were only serving their breakfast menu at 11:30am, no lunch. But the egg sandwiches on baguettes were very good and the place had a very smooth and hip feel to it. I could definitely imagine this restaurant in Haight-Ashbury or TriBeCa.

1  Thank wbru83
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Try the French toast! I started out with the Eggs Benedict the first morning. It was SO good! Moved to the French toast the second morning. AMAZING! So the third day, I had BOTH!! Also the waitress we had (I forget her name but she was from New Jersey) makes an AWESOME pina colada!!!!!!

This place is so good!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

There was a wait, which was understandable. However, once seated the service was not good. Food was excellent, and it might be worth trying again, but the service was below average.

Caficultura, Owner at Caficultura, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear TH:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are constantly trying to improve and sincerely appreciate your observations.

Please accept our apologies for the poor service, it is not our usual guest experience.

If you could give us a bit more information such as the time and date of your visit, what was specifically done or not done to your liking and/or your servers' name or appearance, it would help us investigate and take corrective action.

We hope you give us another opportunity.

Tamara