7 people are viewing this hotel
US$237
Free cancellation until 16/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$249
Official Hotel
US$199
Hotels.comUS$249
PricelineUS$249
Trip.comUS$264
3,127 results
All reviews old san juan courtyard restaurant puerto rico rooftop pool across the street our honeymoon fourth floor sister property valet parking rooms are small rental car few blocks nuns cab hurricane
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2021

I This was a really nice hotel ,The view was amazing especially the pool on the roof , definitely will come back again. Want to give a special than to Andrea Gonzalez and Juan pena the showed me and my friends great customer service kept checking on us after we had and incident /altercation treated us with water and helped us get a taxi past curfew I really appreciate you guys .

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2021

To start off, I want to say the staff at the hotel are amazing! They were very accomidating and provided everything we needed upon request. The hotel itself is beautiful, but the rooms need to be fixed. I know this is a historical hotel and they want to keep it t he way, but the broken furniture, doors and leaking ceilings/walls in the rooms can be fixed. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about the hotel.

Location is great! There are many restaurants and stores to shop at and many historical sites to visit by foot. If you're are looking to spend a lot of time at the beach, I do not recommend this hotel because the beaches are not in walking distance (you can walk to the closest beach, but it will take you a while). Many people complain about this hotel, but if you're out enjoying Puerto Rico, you won't have much to complain about.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Great stay, nice rooms, central location. They gave us a bottle of wine and two glasses for our anniversary! However, the concierge service isn't so good to assist in getting you around. Wanted to go to the Yunque Rainforest and they told us it's all booked. My wife was able to go online and book a tour the next day. So they really aren't that resourceful or try to help tourists who have no idea what San Juan has to offer. Wish there was more helpful information for the guests.

Overall a beautiful place, I just wouldn't consider it a great resource for planning your trip and knowing what to expect. I honestly got more information from YouTube. Not what I'm used to when vacationing.

Room tip: Get a Terrace Room on the first floor. Easy in and out.
1  Thank Genius211
Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

We’ve spent two nights at El Convento so far and have five more nights to go. Just the sight of the hotel makes me angry now.

To say that the rooms are shabby is an understatement. The beds are hard and lumpy. My 7-year-old said, “I don’t mean to sound rude, but my bed at home is more comfortable.” The pillows feel like they’re stuffed with wadded up blankets. We don’t have enough crappy pillows and only one blanket. So all you get on your bed is the top sheet.

The very few pieces of furniture we have in our suite are cheap cheap cheap. Broken drawers, broken lamp, hardly any light. Old TV with low resolution and hardly any channels. The air conditioner is sketchy and so loud that it startled me out of my sleep and scared the bejeezus out of me.

Locking and unlocking the bathroom door is an unwelcome adventure. The bathroom is almost too narrow to turn around in, and there’s hardly any counter space. No desk or spot to comfortably put on makeup or blow-dry hair.

When we tried to have dinner at the restaurant, it was raining and the coverings over the tables were leaking. Even the actual physical menu was crappy - the plastic over the paper menu was so warped I couldn’t read it without pushing it down.

We’re now headed back to the hotel after a great hike, and I’m dreading going back to our room. What a disappointment. I would give negative stars if I could.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else. The Vanderbilt in the Condado area is a true luxury experience.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2021

I am a repeat visitor to Hotel El Convento. Until this trip, it was an all time favorite. I am deeply saddened and disappointed with the conditions of the rooms, lack of cleanliness, attention to detail, and dusty surfaces and floors. We had to use towels on the tile floor so our feet wouldn't get dirty. Hoping they make the necessary changes to revamp and become the nostalgic and charming luxury hotel it once was. The staff is kind and means very well, but the conditions are motel quality, at best.