1,310 results
All reviews jerk chicken junior suite continental breakfast beach bar the banana bread seven mile beach hot tub patties patty man two queen beds standard room sun beach adult pool directly across the street coffee maker beach security cocktail party
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay here. It lived up to its reputation. The accommodations are on par with what you generally find in the carribean. It is not luxury/high end but it is comfortable and welcoming and the location can't be beat! The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. There are two pools. An adult pool occasionally invaded by the little ones and a larger general pool. There is also a hot tub. The resort also has a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner and a smaller bar/restaurant for lunch. There is also a small gift shop and salon and massages on the beach. It is set on the gorgeous 7 Mile Beach and my room was so close to the ocean! I wish I could wake up every day looking at the ocean as I drink my coffee. The food at the restaurant was very good as well but there are other restaurants everywhere walking distance from the beach and street side so you have options even without a car. Bar was reasonably priced especially during happy hour.

What makes this place special though are the staff. From the competence and great welcome from the front office staff to the wonderfully warm and caring bar and wait staff, to the friendly and attentive beach staff and security, you feel completely safe and well cared for. As a solo female traveler I noticed and appreciated the forethought that went into providing safety and excellent service from the entryway when entering the hotel to the beach and ocean in the back. Thank you for a great stay!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Ali F
D M, Director of Sales at Coco LaPalm Sea Side Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We thank you for your review and commendations. We look forward to hosting you again and again. Come home soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

we have been to Jamaica several times,. This is the first time at Coco Lapalm .The resort is a very nice. Starting from the front desk, housekeeping, kitchen and bar staff, lifeguards and security. The staff are outstanding, The resort grounds are clean and beautiful. Breakfast was included in our package, but you can upgrade ur breakfast and they will deduct off 5 dollars. we had breakfast each morning and we were happy with the food and service. we also had dinner at Marley by the sea and it was good. for our lunch and dinners we went off the resort and experience other places. best west jerk chicken across the street is so delicious and reasonable. we were in rooms 411 and 423. Both rooms were good size close to the beach and restaurant. The rooms do need a facelift, but ur on vacation to explore the island, enjoy the beach, food and people so ur barely in the room. I would like to mention also to bring ur own toiletry. and a box of tissue. there is small soaps and shampoos but smaller than travel size. need to blow ur noise use toilet paper. This is the first resort that I have been to that has no tissue boxes. Now the beach. the sand is so soft and the water is like bathtub water. never had an issues with getting towels or loungers. the downfall of the beach is all the hustlers. I get that they make their earning buy selling, but this year they were very aggressive.we would be walking along the seven miles and they would bitterly walk along with u trying to get to u buy things. that was not relaxing at all. they were also rude and swear to u in their tongue language, and make rude comments like u can buy something u have money, ur staying at a nice resort, ur eating and drinking good, just buy something.. we work very hard for our money and when we go on vacation, its time for us to chill unwind and have a good time. we don't need hustlers harassing and walking along with u on the beach as if they are your best friend. this part of our vacation was annoying. The other thing I would like to mention is , which I found to be rude as ever was one afternoon, it was pouring rain and we wanted lunch, the rain was warm so no big deal. there is a cross guard at the front of the property who usually helps guest cross the street, cause the drivers in Negril are a bit crazy and drive very fast. well I asked her if she can help me and my son cross over so we could go to the best west jerk chicken, she looked at me and said its raining, and I told her ya so what, she didn't bother to get out and continued to eat her soup. maybe she was afraid to get her hair wet and mess up her hairdo. that was RUDE, we manage to cross ourselves. We did the Red strip cruise. Money well spent. u go. out snorkelling, to the caves and then to ricks cafe. this cruise provides you with a lunch jerk chicken, rice and beans, that was delicious and all u can drink. this was so much fun and relaxing.. overall we had a fun vacation, no so relaxing with the hustlers, minus the hustling on the beach Negril would be paradise.

Room tip: Room 421 faces the beach and the beach bar
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank bastone1111
Delano M, Director of Sales at Coco LaPalm Sea Side Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

We thank you for you detailed and very insightful review. We do apologize for issues that you mentioned while on the property. We value all your comments and will continue to look all possible ways to improve our product and appreciate your valuable feedback. We do hope that you will visit Negril again and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jamaica.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I stayed here at the end of June for two weeks in an ocean view room with balcony. I upgraded from my original room which was a garden view and less modern room. I didn't have any issue with the first room being a little more outdated (it was still a nice, clean, comfortable room), however, I wanted a beach view and balcony.

Pros:
-Room: Very nice, comfortable, cool, quiet, spacious room. AC worked the whole stay. Housekeeping cleaned every day and brought fresh towels.
-Location/views: Beautiful view, with a beautiful beach! Perfect location.
-Staff: Almost all staff were friendly, cheerful, fun, and made Coco La Palm feel like home (shout out to Troy, Beverly, Conrod, Renick, Jacqueline, Anthony, Dennis, Martino, and Othnell). This is what vacation and customer service is about!
-Customer service: No issues with any service requested! Check in and check out were smooth. The courtesy wake-up calls were great! Everyone was helpful.
-Purchases: Can make all payments using debit/credit card, US $ or JA $.
-Safety: Absolutely no issues as a solo traveler. Always felt comfortable and safe.

Cons:
-Dining: Service is super slow. The continental breakfast was very poor (all pastries) and should at least include something of substance such as eggs or potatoes. No vegetarian meal options. Food and drinks were very pricey (you will pay more than US prices for any meal). I ended up going elsewhere for most of my meals and enjoyed delicious meals for half the price outside of Coco La Palm.
-WiFi: Very spotty and not reliable around the hotel grounds. It generally only worked in my room but the signal wasn't very strong.
-Taxi service: Quoted airport transfer and taxi rates were very expensive. I ended up using another vendor for the airport transfer since it was considerably cheaper than the rates offered by Coco La Palm. I also find my own way around the Negril area.
-Showers: Not very clean and for the price I paid and need to be deep cleaned.
-Laundry service: Charge an arm and a leg for this service so I opted out. I literally laughed out loud and the prices.

Overall, the pros outweighed the cons for me, my stay was very pleasant, and my experience met the expectations that were most important to me. I would highly recommend this place for those that are able to deal with cons I mentioned. I definitely would not call this a "resort" but more of a boutique hotel. Fortunately, the latter style is my preference so it worked out well for me. Definitely felt more like being among family and I enjoyed it overall despite some the cons which only forced me to go out and adventure more and therefore have even more fun than I planned!

I would definitely come back to Coco La Palm for the right price haha!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank emugish3

We thank you for your detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your commendations and we strive to improve in all areas. We must apologize for issues mentioned and the various outages of the wifi in the areas that its should have been available however the issue has been rectified. We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Perfect location on Seven Mile beach. Great drinks, food and service. My room was outdated with no Wi-Fi. I had to leave my room every time I had to use my phone. I also found out from other guest that there were updated standard rooms available for the same price. It would have been nice to have been placed in a newer room. Otherwise, as a solo traveler I felt pretty safe. Not sure if I would stay again based on the spotty Wi-Fi and outdated room.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Tip G

We thank you for your review and commendations. The room mentioned are now being renovated and our wifi service is presently only in the public areas so our sincere apologies if this was not told you upon check in. We doo look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a great choice for us. The room was clean and comfortable...Deluxe King. It was not our first choice but the site we chose to book from only had 3 categories of rooms. We wanted one of the newer rooms but this was a bit more private. Which was greatly appreciated for smoking of the ganja. We were pleased with it. The hotel grounds are easy to get around because it is fairly small. The family pool was almost always empty and great for lounging. The grounds were kept fairly clean except near the trash can on a path to our room. A few thing seemed to be there for days. We stayed 6 nights. The beach was beautiful and the solicitor's were prohibited from coming on the grounds by security. However, they would approach closer too the water. The drinks were great...Dirty Banana was my choice all the time. Happy hour had discounted drinks. The food for me was hit or miss until I just ordered what was good...and not trying different stuff. Banana pancakes and bacon...so good. The lamb and steak dinner were great. Didn't like anything else including the desert...cheesecake was ok. The little store on site didnt have much but stores are walkable off site. You are surrounded by other hotels and restaurants to venture out. Tours will pick up from this hotel as well. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The only negative for us was a personal choice. We read that Jamaica was not really LGBT friendly so we chose to not behave as a couple. Therefore, there was a staff member who was really pushy with my girlfriend. He called the room a few times came to the door while we were in bed, made overt comments and lastly tried to kiss her. We avoided his shift at the restaurant a few times but ordered room service and he came. Too much. Other than that it was a really nice vacation.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleematthews8
Delano M, Director of Sales at Coco LaPalm Sea Side Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We thank you for your review and commendations. Our sincere apologies re the issue mentioned and can assure you that its not in keeping with our operating standards. We would love to speak with you more on the issue so if you kindly contact the Sales & Marketing Office we would truly appreciate it. We do look forward to hosting you again very soon and being your number one vacation spot.