“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of Beirut

Beirut
Ranked #40 of 238 Restaurants in Kingston
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Well i went here and it was good. It was a big group of us because it was a birthday dinner.
I chose to sit outside, the overall vibe is good. also a nice place to take pictures.
Excellent service, The waitress and waiter cracked jokes and were overall pleasant.
The food was good, and we didn’t wait too long for everyones food because it was a large group.
The alcohol is also pretty good, a bit strong but nothing you cant manage.
I would definitely return!!!

1  Thank liamiller17

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This suited us perfectly. We have had more than enough jerk this and that and plenty of fish. This was terrific. I wasn’t quite so keen on the bean starter (mysteriously called Foul) but after that they didn’t put a foot wrong. Great lamb kebabs and stroganoff. And welcome paklavas for dessert(though more honey would have been nice). And very acceptable Lebanese wine ata very reasonable price. Well done!

1  Thank Oliverjulian
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The Mediterranean Diet has much to recommend it. It has been shown to cut the risk of heart disease, chronic obstructive lung disease, dementia and various cancers almost by half - which is more than any puffed-up doctor can do. And it can be delicious. But in order to gain all these health benefits you need the key ingredients; polyphenols, prebiotic fiber, a range of phyto-nutrients. And that is where Beirut is on slightly shaky grounds ...

I am not convinced that their recipes are completely authentic (which may be due to limited access to the basic foodstuffs needed), and their overuse of salt is not such a good idea. The hummus - a Mediterranean basic - was only so-so, and the olives were, frankly, tired. But having said all that, Beirut does provide a set of dishes that are far healthier than the average Jamaican diet, which - from my limited experience - consists mostly of protein and starch. And Red Stripe.

Despite my griping, would I return? Yes. it is the best Mediterranean cuisine in town.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal on my initial visit, which led to my subsequent visit to devour the Chicken Stroganoff [again]. Charming wait staff with a clean and welcoming atmosphere awaits at Beirut. Very pleased with Beirut, and i welcome the opportunity to taste other Mediterranean dishes. Kudos to the chef(/s).

1  Thank MemeLove_876
Reviewed 16 May 2017

The food was good. Daniel our server was attentive and made reommendations. The food was too salty. My mum had to pop a blood pressure pill.