“Good Mexican in Jamaica”
Review of Chilitos JaMexican

Chilitos JaMexican
Ranked #60 of 202 Restaurants in Kingston
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Description: Chilitos is a TexMex, dive type restaurant in the heart of Kingston. Have a margarita on picnic benches while listening to anything from Indie pop to Trip Hop. There are regular discounts/specials available so make sure to check often. There is free wifi, happy hour, indoor and outdoor seating available. This is not your typical Jamaican spot.
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

If you get tired of the Jerk Chicken and have a desire for some Americanized Mexican, you can get close here. On the border it is not, but I left full for the first time in three days.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was a great dive! It is really small but worth the visit. The food was EXCELLENT. If you like tequila they have a big supply for you to choose from. I would love to come back to Jamaica to eat here! The owner works right there in the restaurant and she was SO sweet and personable.

1  Thank barbparedes
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I came here on a Saturday afternoon when things were slow, but I suspect that it can be a good place to have some drinks with friends. The food in reminiscent of Chipotle, though the ingredients are generally of a higher quality and there is a bit of Jamaican influence. The prices are reasonable, but I wouldn't call it cheap by Jamaican standards. I'd go back fairly often if I lived nearby.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If we don’t know what to eat for dinner, Chilitos is always a nice solution. On the way back from work we love to enjoy Mexican food while the rush hour traffic passes. It is our favorite spot for a cheap, delicious and not so healthy meal :P. They have different type of music playing taking part in the cool ambiance. Service is good. Food is great for value. Our favorite items are the Gorditas, Nacho Supreme, and Chimichanga. Chilitos is also the place to drink a Corona instead of the usual Red Stripe, but they also offer Margaritas, Olé Olé!! My boyfriend is always asking me when will be our next visit at Chilitos so from time to time I force myself to go with him ;)

1  Thank Isabelle C
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I've long been a fan of this laid-back little gem in Kingston, with excellent margaritas, good food (excellent homemade tortilla chips and assorted salsas -- authentic Mexican flavours) and great music.
It's always a destination for me.