All reviews regency bar devon house great house classy hotel an oasis the wait staff sitting area room service jamaican breakfast finger food my home away from home visiting kingston ackee and saltfish spanish court business farah brunch
Reviewed 29 July 2018

After staying in other places I am able to say this is the nicest combination of rooms amenities hotel comforts safety and security and food choices. The hotel is not like a chain in a box hotel. The suites are lovely and comfortable. The food is great and there is a nice pool to relax in. Usually not busy. This is a great hotel and we will chose here when we come back.

Room tip: Quiet rooms away from the entrance and elevators. Try for the upper floor.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sophia T, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear MENBBB,
Thank you for sharing your review with us.

We are delighted that your overall stay was a pleasant and comfortable one. We also appreciate your compliments regarding our food, amenities and security features.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for business in July 2018. I had prepaid for a junior suite. When I arrived, I was told hat they overbooked the junior suites and I would have to stay in a standard room for the first night. To make up for the inconvenience, I would be given a “full bar” in my room. I requested a better room and was told it wasn’t available.
In short, the standard room was a piece of crap. It wasn’t worth 1/2 the price I paid for the suite. The electrical outlets didn’t work, nor the WIFI and the room was extremely outdated. The comforter smelled like rotten milk. As for the “full bar”,that consisted of 2 red stripe,2 lights, 2 Pepsi and a bottle of cheap wine that was too tannic to drink. Hardly worth what I paid.

For my 2nd night,I did get the room I paid for. It was nice spacious, updated and clean. Only complaint is that my morning shower was not hot.

I doubt I’ll stay here again, because I feel very cheated over the first night. I’ll probably file a complaint with hotels.com
If they can’t give a person what they paid for, they should offer an upgrade, or a refund.

Dear MasonOrion,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our page.

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are also sorry that none of your issues mentioned were highlighted to a member of our team prior to your departure, where we would have been in a better position to address and correct them.

I would appreciate it if you can make direct contact with myself, Sophia Thomas 876 926 2211 or sthomas@terranovajamaica.com where we can speak further on this matter. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Everything was great. The room was well equipped, the service outstanding. Internet worked very well. Super clean. Used the Gym late at night and the manager walked me so I would be safe. Food great even though I don really eat Jamaican food the chef prepared delicious eggs for me in the morning.
Service exceptional. I will definitely be back.

Great experience

1  Thank Lourdes O
Sophia T, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Lourdes O,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to read that your overall expectations were met and even exceeded as you mentioned being escorted to the gym by one of our managers late in the night. Your compliments will definitely be shared with our team especially our breakfast chef as we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This was a good hotel. Nice rooms, good location, really good food and nice grounds. The only thing I have to complain about it the front desk's lack of knowledge about local places and events. When we asked them about the Peter Tosh museum they vaguely knew about it and told us it was kind of far away. It turned out to be right down the street! If we had known that we could've walked there. But, alas, when we found out where it was it was closed already. They also didn't know anything about the Dub Club which is one of the most famous reggae nights in town! And when I asked to get info for a taxi to the Dub Club they gave me the number of a driver who wanted to charge $60 one way! Luckily, we found one who charged half the amount. If they don't want to have a concierge or someone who can help with local stuff then they should be informed themselves on activities and tourist destinations. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki L
Sophia T, Guest Relations Manager at Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Vicki L,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our page.

We are delighted to know that your expectations were met in terms of accommodation, location and food during your recent stay with us. We apologize where we fell short on our knowledge of local attractions; corrective training methods have since been put in place. Courtesy Tours was the taxi company number you received. They are TPDCo and Jamaica Tourist Board certified approved licensed taxi company who we recommend to all our guests during their stay with us.

We thank you again for making it Terra Nova as we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Really different venue when compared to typical business hotel. Traditional feel to it with a sense of the history. Staff friendly and welcoming with good service - would come back for sure. Bedroom was well equipped and clean with quality bed linen

Dear Chris M,

Thank you for sharing your comments on our page.

We are ecstatic to know that your expectations were met even exceeded during your recent stay. The Terra Nova Hotel was originally a Great House built in 1959 hence the feel of history with a modern look and facilities.

We look forward to serving you again.