Review Highlights
Sunset cruise

What a fabulous experience. We've done cruises on a catamaran before, but this was way better. The... read more

Reviewed 13 February 2020
StephanW543
Bozeman, Montana
via mobile
Picture perfect

We just spent a picture perfect afternoon/sunset with Monique and Danny aboard Jambalaya. Great... read more

Reviewed 13 February 2020
JimJ1437

All reviews jambalaya sunset cruise monique helm crew history boat island
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

I’ve lived in Grenada for a few years now and my parents came to visit me from the UK. I really wanted to show off the island and give them a bit of luxury at the same time. Jambalaya was PERFECT for this. The boat is so spacious and lavish. We had the opportunity to snorkel too, so I did, and my parents stayed and watched from the comfortable seats by the helm and drank Grenadian rum punch.

Danny and Monique told us all about the history of Grenada and sailing... they even spoke knowledgeably about sustainable fishing and the types of fish you can catch.

We finished the day sailing back into the sunset and watched the Carenage light up and sparkle like a Christmas tree.

My parents fell in love with Grenada, sailing hand-built boats and Danny and Monique. Thanks for the awesome experience guys. We have already booked in our next trip.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank laurenb913
Reviewed 20 November 2019

A group of my friends went on a day charter and we had a fantastic time. Boat has beautiful cabins and is a true classic build. Crew was fantastic and super friendly. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: July 2019
2  Thank George B
Reviewed 29 August 2019

My son Zack and brother Gerry are just back from a brilliant week on board Jambalaya at the Carriacou Regatta. This beautiful 73-foot schooner is one of a kind, a modern replica of a historic Windward Island Schooner. She would serve as the mother ship for the Regatta, while we got on with the serious business of racing.on board Danny Donelan's other boat Savvy. You can read my review of the Regatta in the October issue of Caribbean Compass, but suffice to say: Fabulous, fantastic, unforgettable!!!

Me, Gerry and Zack send a huge thank you to Danny, Wally and Sam, stalwarts of Savvy Sailing, they put on a seriously good service! A word on Jambalaya: I can’t speak too highly of this boat, absolutely beautiful. Not just beautiful but practical and well laid out – and spacious too, no bending down necessary! If you want a comfortable sailing trip up the islands in a boat laden with history, then Jamba is the one for you!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Brian_Samuel
Reviewed 17 June 2019

As a travel professional, I have had many opportunities to live a catamaran experience this experience is different from beginning to end.

Monique and Danny have heart and their crew are amazing. It is not the regular chikachikaboomboom attitude. It is classier and engaging. You can feel their sincerity.

You can see safety is their priority and the snorkeling came with serious explanation.

I highly recommend you check out their service.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

Had the privilege of going on a sunset sail on Jambalaya last Sunday off the west coast of Grenada. Spent an amazing afternoon with friends aboard this traditionally built wooden sloop.
She is a big girl, with three beautifully done double cabins below and a large deck space for enjoying the warm caribbean sun. This would be the perfect yacht to take on a tour of the Grenadines with family and friends.
Her owners and captains Monique and Danny have a great passion for sailing and for the island with its boat building history.
I am already looking forward to the next time we can enjoy this experience!

Date of experience: May 2019