Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Riu.com
US$162
View deal
Free cancellation until 31/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
US$125
View deal
Travelocity
WIOL.com
6,781 results
All reviews sports bar courtyard view neon party la ola jerk chicken stand buffet style main buffet party pools quiet pool nachos steak every other day asian restaurant foam party specialty restaurants hot dogs younger crowd
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hector was a great pool server.
They all were great. Would like to return for another vacation sometime soon!
Ada was awesome at the buffet. Food is excellent
Jerk chicken is also great. Felt very secure

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service at this resort was top-notch! There were plenty of waitstaff, bartenders, servers, cleaning and front desk staff. They were constantly cleaning the common areas and practiced all safety protocols (temperature checks, masks requirements, reduced hotel occupancy). There were cleaning staff stationed at the public restrooms, and the restrooms were cleaned/sanitized all day. The resort was fairly quiet after the evening entertainment ended, which was nice.
Our room had a great view, but was a bit too warm. The beds were a little uncomfortable and the pillows needed the be replaced. They were very small and lumpy.
The grounds were absolutely beautiful! We were able to take a lot of great pictures. The food, however, was the so-so. The Jerk Chicken Hut had the best chicken though.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay just 25 mins from the airport.

Room tip: the rooms closest to the entertainment venue have the best location.
3  Thank cookaboo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall, the stay was comfortable with a beautiful view. However, food could be better, and the beds could be more comfortable. Room cleanliness could have been a lot cleaner. The floor was not clean when we arrived, and the bed only included a thin blanket.

Date of stay: September 2021
Review collected in partnership with riu.com
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Republica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear AManda2008526,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback!

We are happy to hear overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the stunning views.

However, we regret that the food did not meet your expectations, as we are well aware of the importance of a great gastronomic experience.

Also, we apologize for the failure to meet your expectations regarding the room´s cleaning. We would have liked to have been informed of this during your stay in order to resolve it immediately. We will of course share your impressions with corresponding team for an adequate follow up as we are looking forward to having the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Best wishes,

Hotel Riu Republica
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a great time in Riu Republica, I’m glad I choose this hotel !

The room was beautifully decorated, spacious and clean. The whole complex was super clean, so were the swimming pools. I loved the palm trees providing shade at the beach. The food was great, so were the cocktails! The staff was kind and professional and I loved the spa !

There was just a few cons :

- I found a worm on my plate (had passion fruits). It was quite problematic since I’m scared to death of those things
- the elevator (between the restaurants) was broken most of the time , we couldn’t use it
- there’s no ATM

Room tip: But cigarettes at the airport (too expensive at the hotel)
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Candycaiiine
Reviewed 12 September 2021

Reading some reviews which nearly put me off this resort, I know now they were not fair and Petty. Who complains when a storm out to see dumps seaweed on the beach. There is an army of cleaners out in the morning with rakes. This is the cleanest Resort by far in my life. Beautiful rooms, all the same except for the view. Go out and see it first hand. Food is an endless variety of top foods. Ever see a full size Cabbage Rose made out of Smoked Salmon? I could go on and on. They do have several specialty restaurants but by far the best place to eat is the massive Buffet dinning room. Also during the day on the beach the BBQ Jerk Chicken is fantastic and all you can eat. Fantastic as an Adult Only ... no insult to kids but the peace and quiet was fantastic. It is known as a party resort and it is...but it is so easy to take part or just be someplace else. Can't comment on shows as I didn't go. Lastly and most import this is one of the most friendly, hardworking and totally amazing staff. They work all day in Masks even outside. Riu has taken ever precaution regarding Covid safety...BUT...like everywhere you are at the mercy of some indifferent special, entitled vacationers...just stay away from them and that's easy to do. Even when they do wear a mask to go inside their nose is hanging out the top like a limp banana. Just ignorance. They claim CNN said the nose didn't have to be covered. This resort isn't CNN so obey the resort rules and its fantastic.
A very special thanks to the reception who assisted me with all my required documents needed when I was leaving. Sadly they placed their two computers and the printer in the Sports Bar...how daft! Not everyone has a smart phone for any number of reasons so without one....the Tour Rep knows nothing...I guess he doesn't have a smart phone either. anyway every drink every mean, ever assist was worth at least a dollar tip and more depending on the fantastic service...and guys $5.00 a day on the bed in your room. This is how these wonderful people survive. In a week it added up to about $60. You can't get a cab to the airport for that. Make these people happy....they deserve it....and you deserve Riu Republica and ignore the petty comments....its 5 Star all the way.

Room tip: I wouldn't face outward to the hotel next door on one side or the hotel under construction on the other.... inward garden view
4  Thank DIDIGRANT