Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$394
US$336
US$180
Melia.com
US$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$667
US$506
US$564
US$387
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$459
  • Pool
US$889
US$680
Travelocity
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$382
TripAdvisor
US$374
TripAdvisor
6,369 results
All reviewsroyal sideinfinity poolpiano barcata tapathalassa restauranttapas restaurantthe sea blue restauranttao catrodeo steak housejuice barroyal guestsla toscanaswim up barsister resortsea grassmusty smellmain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I returned after 14 bites 3rd trip to DR.
Very relaxing and good food.Hlwever staff not so friendly if tips were not readily forthcoming.This was very clear on beach service and restaurants.Loved a lot if things about this resort.However despite massive USA and smaller UK guest numbers staff did not speak basic English?
Loved the good and relaxation.. .but felt like we were a burden to the staff..a big effirt to serve us. Manager in the Thames was the exception...good at his job.
Lovedceverythjng..except the staff!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Catalonia_Caribbean, Gerente at Catalonia Royal Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us and for your review. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your comments with the involved department. Thanks for your observations about the english. We are glad that Thames enhanced your experience. This is your home and we hope to welcome you back anytime soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was amazing! I cannot tell you how amazed we were every single day! It was the first Caribbean holiday we have been on and from start to finish we were astounded. We arrived and were welcomed with a glass of bubbles and then took ourselves off to our room. We got ourselves freshened up and went for dinner in the Thalassa; we were expecting a quick buffet dinner and instead got the most amazing al a cart which made me wonder if we’d accidentally booked self catering and were going to be met with a bill at the end. We weren’t and realised that not having the bill payment as your preleaving routine makes it difficult to know if it’s time to leave......we soon got used to that though as almost every restaurant is a la cart! We made use of every restaurant across the two hotels for dinner so only ate in two restaurants twice during our 11 day stay. Not as much venue choice for breakfast/ lunch but still LOADS of options on the menu for both!
There are two pools available and they are both great with different lounger options and plenty available . both pools have slightly different vibes but if neither suit the beach is great too! Yes there was some seaweed (I’ve read reviews of people complaining about seaweed but it’s the sea so....?!); the team clear it twice a day so there’s not masses of it by any means and it didn’t bother us. The juice bar on the beach is amazing and after I’d cocktailed myself out it was nice to have a refreshing option that wasn’t just a fizzy soft drink. Lots of cocktail options and I have struggled to pick my fave but the passion fruit and chilli one was a winner and I’m still trying to replicate it at home! The room was great (we stayed in the standard) with the in room bath, coffee facilities, mini bar and hammock on the balcony; it’s was all great!
I have always enjoyed visiting new countries and have never visited the same place twice but I would go back to this place in a heart beat!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our friendly service. This is your home and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just got back from our honeymoon here and were so sad to leave! The resort felt very private, the rooms were comfortable and spacious, the beach amd pools were awesome, and the staff was AMAZING! We loved all the different food options and never bad a bad meal. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rpalm08

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all I want you to know I read a lot of the reviews after I booked this hotel and was frankly a little afraid of what I was reading. However once we arrived and stayed I realize some people just like to complain.

Our stay was march 24-30 in private villa with its own pool. Our room was very close to the larger public pool and Sea Blue bar. The room was outstanding. The bed was very comfortable, shower was huge, Jacuzzi tub was great too. Only slight complaint was the pool was very cold. But a few drinks later and some sun and viola the pool wasn't as cold.

Sea Blue: The morning bartender Z( I called her Z cause he name was very hard for me to pronounce) was fabulous, and Juan the morning and night bartender there was really great too. Frankly every employee we came across was nice as can be. We have no complaints at all with the employees.

Spa: Nice little gym area. Sauna was great to revitalize after all the food and drinks.

We ate at every restaurant on the Royal Property and 2 at the sister family property. Again not a single complaint as in regards to our meals. Could some have been better, yes, but all in all they were very nice meals.

You know what was annoying....rude guests. I made sure to get to know every person I was dealing with on a daily basis. I treated them with respect not rudely like I saw many people doing.." Get me another beer" , not "could I please get a beer", and Thank You. Etc...

The bubba cups and large vessels that people would bring with them to get mega drinks was frankly tacky. Its free drinks people just go back tot he bar and get another when you need it.

During our stay the winds were howling up to 40mph. Yes the beach did have weeds on it, but the staff did their best to remove them on a daily basis. Yes there were ladies topless at pool and beach...Who cares. Don't want to see it don't look. Yes there were men in Speedos...again don't want to see it don't look.

The key to a great trip is:
1. Tip. These people work very hard and I am sure the wage is what you are not use to.
2. Get to know the people you see on a daily basis. As anyone does they love when you know their name.
3. Relax. Why fret over the small things.

Cant wait to come back or visits another Catalonia resort!

L Baker

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
7  Thank James B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our restaurants and friendly service. This is your home and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great service. Overall better than I expected. I've been to the Caribbean quite a bit and was not sure what to expect with the DR. Overall vey impressed. Hotel staff was great. Service excellent. and the food was top notch.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our friendly service. We will share your kind comments with everyone. This is your home and we look forward to welcoming you again.