1,038 results
All reviews cap cana washer dryer full kitchen sister resort pool bar all inclusive package bedroom suite juanillo beach outdoor shower poolside grill cab ride quiet resort room service breakfast and dinner scape park relaxing vacation dominican republic
Reviewed 26 January 2016

My husband and I booked a January trip to Punta Cana. We had seen a "deal" which had the hotel being Alsol Luxury Village. We called the travel agency and booked this trip. However, when we arrived in Punta Cana and were getting on our airport transport, we noticed the transport paper had said Alsol Del Mar. Hmmm. Is this a different name for the hotel? Upon arriving at the hotel, I knew it was something different than what we had seen in the pictures. We were very confused for awhile, since we had supposedly booked Alsol Luxury Village. We found out that that was a sister hotel of the chain. Oh well we thought. We were still in paradise from the bitter cold midwest. After talking with many other families, we learned that they too had that error. One couple even WENT to Alsol Luxury Village upon arriving truly believing that is what their travel agent had booked. What we learned from this, make sure you triple check everything.
When we checked in, we did find out we were upgrade to a beautiful condo style living space complete with kitchen, washer/dryer, patio, outdoor hot tub and outdoor and indoor large shower. Wow! The outdoor hot tub only worked for one day as the heating element was not functioning properly. We had it looked at twice by hotel staff, however, nothing was fixed. We stayed in Building 10. I know some people had mentioned the view on this side of the property. There are some houses, that are left only partly constructed, however, you do still get a view of the ocean. In my mind, I thought it was still satisfactory.
The description of the hotel says that there are three restaurants, however, we only saw two, as well as two bars. The food was quite good, except when the "only" option for eating was a buffet. The buffet became quite boring and monotonous after the fourth meal.
The staff though was absolutely amazing and kind. Some stand outs include Yasirrus, Octavio, Jean Carlos, Anibal, Felix, Woody, Roberto and Julia. They were always smiling and making you feel welcome.
The property overall is quite stunning and very quiet. This is definitely a retreat and a place for relaxation. It is not high energy, but rather tranquil.
Speaking of Luxury Village, you are able to visit this property for a day. However, the catch is that you need a "letter" from Del Mar. But, what no one tells you is that the staff need at LEAST 24 hours to produce this letter. WE were never told this and went to Luxury Village without a letter in hand, and was told it was going to be emailed. However, over four hours later, the letter was NOT at luxury Village and my husband and I were unable to eat there. It became very unsettling and put a real dent in our afternoon. We actually had to take a taxi ($3.00 each way) back to Del Mar just so that we could eat! The staff at Del Mar said that they had emailed it, however, no one really could say whatever happened to this letter. So, please make sure to have this letter in hand before going.
Overall, I would go to this hotel again. Many people who visited both the Del Mar and Luxury Village said that they preferred Del Mar. This hotel definitely has a much better beach than Luxury Village. (You actually have to walk to the back of the Luxury Village property to go to Alsol Tiara to get to their beach).

Room Tip: See if there are any upgrades available. Understand building locations if possible for the best view.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

The place is a very quiet and serene place. The rooms are spacious. The beach is beautiful and the place has very nice architecture. Liked the fact you can rent the space and not necessarily go for the all inclusive. The rooms have a small kitchenette, washer/dryer, amazing bathroom.

Had two gripes:

1) unorganized front desk, we arrived and our room wasn't ready even after checkin hours

2) very rough linen and towels

Other than this, highly recommend

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

This is a hidden gem!! The staff... Jean Carlos / Julia / Annibal... Was super friendly. The hotel is super clean... The excursions are great... And the food (especially breakfast) is very good. In our room we had washer dryer so that was key on vacation. You can't go wrong with this place!!

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David A
Rafael F, Gerente at Del Mar by Joy Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

David A:
On behalf of the team Alsol Del Mar we want to thank your assessment of your holiday experienced. We are very happy that we could fulfill your vacations services expectations. We hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I like to let you know that your hotels is a nice hotel good service from all you employ especially Felix that is the guy that work at night time at the bar lobby but not everything is happiness because when I got there Saturday night the lobby attendant told me that they don't have any room available for me even when I show him my voucher he trying to get me into another hotel from the same branch anyway he finally find a room but the room was dirty and I don't wanna wait anymore and I finally tell him that I wait until he clean the room finally I got the room then he told me that I just paid for the room no for all inclusive I booked Hotwire for a hotel all inclusive.between the hotel and HOTWIRE put my vacations down the drain the day to check out the hotel finally come, the lobby attendant told me that they haven't get any paid from Hotwire I told him that is no my problem he have to contact Hotwire who I buy my vacation with.and take care business with them well the guy don't want to let me go until I pay the hotel he hold me down to the point that he want me to pay him my vacation again and get money back from Hotwire when I get back I almost lost my flight I have a hard time with the with the hotel reservations and hot Hotwire

Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank Rafael n

Rafael n:
Thank you for your positive comment and to give us the opportunity to have you at Alsol Del Mar. We will work on corrective measures to ensure that these situations do not happen again in the future and hoping to have the pleasure of serving you in the near future,

Reviewed 18 January 2016

I have been to punta cana several times but this was my first time staying at this hotel and I must say I would definitely come back and stay again. Wonderful place, clean, great food and drinks. Staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way for their guest.. I want to give a special thank you to LG for making our stay fun. He for sure knows how to entertain and keep the atmosphere fun. The whole entertainment team was great. Thank you alsol for the great stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family

john d:
Thank you very much for your positive comments. All we want to achieve is that your vacation experience fulfill all your expectations in a friendly, respectful and personalize atmosphere. Our staff makes an effort to personalize your stay and give you the most comfortable, relaxing environment possible.We hope that you to come back again, here at your home away from home, Alsol Del Mar!!
Best Regards,