7 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$1,206
Booking.comUS$650
PricelineUS$650
ZenHotels.comUS$1,724
All reviews golf cart private pool relais chateaux blue restaurant riva bar punta espada dominican republic juanillo beach luxury hotel beautiful property beach restaurant every staff member junior suite sushi relaxing vacation ocean front palapa
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Our honeymoon trip could have gone smoother. While the wait staff were always extremely friendly and pleasant, the concierge caused us great stress repeatedly. Telling us upon arrival all our dinner reservations were cancelled and they closed the only fine dining restaurant after confirming via email that week, and also taking 4 or more days to reply to any emails asking for reservations. The woman in charge of seating for La Palapa on social night and the fine dining restaurant "mediteraneo" was the worst and rude to us at every interaction. We made rsvp 2 weeks before our stay to eat at certain restaurants as its advised on the website. Every time we would show up she would tell us we didn't have an rsvp and we would be asked to prove it by having to pull it up on my phone, embarrassing in front of everyone in the restaurant, this happened many times.
All of that unnecessary drama aside, the hotel is gorgeously placed with a great beach and our room had a great view, we were in a private ocean front bungalow. Our room came with a golf cart which was very fun to ride around in. The Riva bar was great, and the bartender was always friendly and made the best drinks. We loved the piano player which always made it feel special.
It was advertised "breakfast served in the villa daily" which only applies to the ocean front bungalows, but when we got there we were told its $20 a day for this.
If you want to leave the resort for anything, even the nearby supermarket it is $80 round trip for a 15 minute drive, so be aware of that. Water is $4-8 per bottle and you drink a lot more in the sun and heat, these are regular prices and practices for a resort so we came with our own reusable bottles and we usually get our own from a store and refill ourselves. The extreme taxi tax made this a little hard. (you can go 15 minutes inside cap cana for $3.50 but if you leave to a store or shopping its $80, despite the miles and driving time being the same)
We loved chatting with Milton and Juan at Blue restaurant and Rosie on the beach who were all extremely pleasant. Social night is a live music event on Friday's which tons of locals come to, it was spectacular even though we were denied seating despite having a reservation. He had to argue with them showing them our confirmation and still she would only let us sit in the very back away from everything and everyone so we left, and came back later and stole a great front seat and enjoyed the rest of the night- by force! all in all this hotel has a lot of potential if it wasn't run so poorly. My husband did get sick from the food twice, throwing up all of his dinner within an hour after eating. The firs time management said "it is hard on the stomach to be drinking all day and in the sun" which we thought was odd, and he had only had 2 alcoholic drinks at lunchtime. The second time he had nothing to drink the entire day besides water.
This hotel is only a 2 hour nonstop flight from us, and we would of preferred to of had a better experience so that we could come back often. We would not recommend this to our friends or family, especially for the price.

Date of stay: March 2021
Alan Galaz, Guest Services / Front Office at Eden Roc Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Dear Mrs. Amber,

It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and congratulations again for your honeymoon;
The Eden Roc Team wishes you all the best to both of you!
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the issues you encountered with your dinner reservations; I have shared your feedback with our concierge and restaurant team, and taken the appropriate measures to prevent from future occurrence.
Be sure that we are going to share with Milton and the rest of the team your comments, for sure they will appreciate them as well.
The breakfast at the Villa is complementary, however the service to get it to the Villa has a fee of 10 USD per person as you correctly mentioned, we do have the option for Blue Restaurant that offers breakfast from 7:00-10:30 am without any additional charges.
We are currently assessing a house car service within Cap Cana. In fact, as you mentioned the closest mini-market is around 10 minutes away by taxi at a fare of USD$3. If you prefer not to leave the property, we can manage a delivery service through the hotel.
Hopefully, your husband is feeling much better now, I would love that you accepted the doctor’s visit that we offered, however I understand that you did not wanted to waste time with a medical visit, at least I hope the tea we sent to the room helped your husband to feel a little better.
Currently, we are performing strict controls over the food quality, as a Relais & Chateaux property we follow all the international measures to guarantee a great experience for our guests.
We really appreciate the time you took to share your constructive feedback.
Warmly,
Alan Galaz FOM

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Had a wonderful trip. Place was just what I was looking for. Staff was amazing and very helpful I was so impressed with this property, I cannot wait to return. The golf course was one of the finest I have ever played. Was in great shape. The food was very good and service was impeccable. My room at the Eden Roc suite was fantastic and private. Looking forward to my next trip to DR.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alan Galaz, Guest Services / Front Office at Eden Roc Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Dear Mr. Gibson,

Thank you very much for this amazing feedback. We will be looking forward to seeing you soon. Please, if I can help with anything to make your next stay even better, do not hesitate to contact me back my email is a.galaz@edenroccapcana.com, it will be a great pleasure to assist you.

Hoping that you arrive home safely,

Alan Galaz Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Eden Roc Cap Cana is in a beautiful location. It has excellent restaurants, beach access, pools, an outstanding Concierge and outdoor service. Unfortunately, the room was constantly invaded by ants (particularly in the kitchen) and the kitchen itself was very poorly appointed missing many basic utensils, cookware, dishes, glasses, etc.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gregory Montens, Other at Eden Roc Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us concerning your last stay at the Eden Roc Cap Cana.

While I am pleased to read you had an overall satisfactory experience, I am sorry to learn that the quality of your stay has been impaired by various inconveniences; please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that we are following upon your remarks.

Once again, we appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns, and really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Gregory Montens
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 17 February 2021

Beautiful property. Stayed at one bedroom bungalow, amazing! Great view, nice room, tall ceilings, comfortable bed. Restaurant service was not always predictable, some went above and beyond while others were on a bit less interested side. The food was not as high quality as I would expect but drinks were nice. Beach was this absolute white tiny sand with no seaweed or rocks, however on a smaller side for those who like a long walk. Yet that small beach created a very private aura. The concierge gave us his whats app contact and we were able, in real time, to satisfy all of our wants, which was an absolute treat! We were able to check out late as well without additional fees, which was as well very first class of Eden Roc. I maybe nit picking, the hotel is quiet excellent but for those who are accustomed to excellence there were few moments that could be noted. Overall, I really enjoyed my 4 day stay and planning on coming back with my 4 kids for a family vacation.

Dear guest,

We really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I would like to go deeper into your stay details if you allow me, it would really help us to keep improving.
My email is a.galaz@edenroccapcana.com please feel free to write me for any feedback it will be a pleasure also helping you to plan your next trip with us.

Warmly,

Alan Galaz Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 14 February 2021

An outstanding hotel with very professional staff who are super friendly and very attentive. Amazing views. The quality of the bedding is of a very high standard. The toiletries are a great size and quality and love that you get a beach bag to use.

Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux

Dear guest,
Our main goal is to create great memories from your vacations, thank you for your feedback!
Serving our clients is our passion so it is really inspiring for all the team to know that you really enjoyed your time with us.
We would be pleased to host you very soon again,

Warmly