6 people are viewing this hotel
US$199
Free cancellation until 29/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$246
Destinia.com
US$246
US$171
PricelineUS$223
Agoda.comUS$199
FindHotel
All reviews master bathroom ceviche restaurants and bars brain teasers huge kitchen chef francisco gold member falling off boutique hotel julio cesar the wait staff room service beach area kids club room upgrade hand sanitizer all inclusive experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

We booked for 6 nights the hotel, we were expecting the european standard of Radisson.
Unfortunately, It started badly with the initial room, the air conditioning was not working.
We have to admit that the employees at the reception was very nice and helpful.
We got an upgrade to a 2 bedrooms suite.
Initially ok if you don’t check the details but then while wanted to have a shower, there was no hot water... technicians came to fix it... it took an hour.
Then don’t know what they did but then the water from the sinks came brown... awful!!!
We were back to the reception with this new problem, it took again an hour.
But then the trust has gone away...
It was too late to change hotel, we stayed for the night, had diner... what to say, it is a bad canteen, low quality of food.
So we decided to leave since it was really too much even if the manager tried to convince us to stay.
Despite all of this we had to pay the full first night, no commercial gesture.
We went to Hyatt Zilara, this one can only recommend it ! It is paradise.

So we don’t know if it is really bad luck but nevertheless this is not acceptable for a Radisson.

On a positive note, all employees are very nice.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nuria Costal, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort & Residence, Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Dear ericgp13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Allow me to apologize to you on behalf of my entire team as i see that we failed to meet your expectations during your most recent visit to our hotel.

I have shared your feedback with my Engineering and Food and Beverage teams and I assure you that we will use this feedback to make improvements on our end in efforts to better the guest experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope that you stay with us again when returning to our caribbean paradise so that we can have a second opportunity to give you the perfect 5 experience that you deserve!

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

Let me just start my review by saying it was really hard to leave and it pains me to write such a critical review because we really did have a great time. In my opinion, this place is about 3.5 stars - for now. Listen, I will give this place a little credit because it’s still very new BUT there is so much room for improvement. We got an amazing deal so I am taking that into consideration! In short, the staff are lovely! Some of our favorites were Ysabel and Rikelby (kids club), Hanoi (our bellman), Christian (maintenance), Juan, Katuiska, Ferden (waitstaff) and Victoria (housekeeping).

We have traveled pretty extensively and the people here are genuinely nice and helpful. We stayed during Christmas week and saw the capacity change drastically from the weekdays to weekend. Maybe 40 people max when we arrived to over 100-200 on the weekend. Staff to customer ratio was still insane (so much staff) and there are definitely still some (if not lots) of learning curves that need to be addressed from the top down. In short, if you are a fussy traveler or new to the all-inclusive experience, I would say this is not the place for you in its current state. If you can relax and appreciate the warm weather and a possible hit or miss experience, give it a shot.

Upon check-in we were given bags filled with hand-sanitizer and masks and our temperatures were taken. We also received welcome drinks, which we always appreciate.
We initially booked a basic room with two double beds, but after seeing the outdoor “hot tubs”, my nine year old son begged. The front desk told us $100 per adult per night and for seven nights, that was an absolute no-go. But my husband went back down to discuss with the front desk, he was able to negotiate a very good price. So we were put in a room right next to the bar, which we ended up changing because it was SO loud all night long. The bar is 24-7 and if there are no patrons partying outside, there will definitely be staff and music. Additionally, the water that came out of the shower in the master bathroom was so hot, we couldn’t use it. The room we moved to was slightly smaller, but much quieter and everything is in working order. The furnishings are new and everything is clean. The beds were comfortable and I loved the pillow selection. Room was always kept clean and turn-down service was great. Our room came with a washer and dryer, which is nice. It’s older, but easy to do a basic load of laundry. Just bring your own soap because the gift shop isn’t open to buy any.

The espresso martinis are awesome! In terms of food, everything is prepared well and seemed super fresh, but most of our issues came from dining at the resort. One issue is you have several people serving you. I’m not sure if that’s really the case, but it seems that way. At breakfast alone, we would be waited on by like 5 people, yet we would ask for things multiple times before getting it, like syrup for waffles or milk for the kids. There is no menu, so you just ask for something and hope they can make it. You get about 80 percent of what you ask for and either expect to have something missing or something that’s not correct. You just go with it, because otherwise you’ll be spending upwards of two hours on breakfast alone. One morning we ordered room service and when the waiter showed up, there were two juices missing and no cereal for my daughter. He said they ran out of the cereal she wanted. Ok, that’s fine, but why not call and ask if we want something else instead before just showing up empty handed? My kid still needed to eat. It seems like communication is a big issue between the waitstaff. Sometimes they seem distracted or are just forgetful and if that’s an issue with low capacity, I would hate to see what happens when this place is full. Christmas lunch at the beach bar was rough and we waited a very long time for everything. Eventually, we were told many staff didn’t show because of the holiday, but wish they would at least communicate that to us from the beginning! We are more understanding if there is at least some communication instead of straight up ignoring us. As previous reviews state, the ceviche at the beach restaurant is fantastic and it seems to be the only place with an actual menu.

A printed menu would definitely be helpful for all. This does not exist at the main restaurant and the waitstaff has to describe the menu to you, which is a lot when there is various appetizers and entrees to consider. Why not a menu at the podium if they don’t want to print multiple copies? We were always given options for “chicken, fish, beef, etc.” but there was no outright information given on how it was prepared, nor accompaniments. We were always asking so many questions because we just didn’t know what was going on. I also want to point out that language is not an issue since Spanish is my husband’s first language.

Christmas dinner was really nice and a few days prior one of the staff asked if we wanted a special bottle or wine or champagne with our dinner, for an extra charge, of course. We opted for a bottle of champagne, and there seemed to be confusion again once we arrived fir dinner. We waited for a while, and finally the champagne came, but then we had to wait for it to be chilled. Then, after our dinner was served, another waiter came over and made us pay for the bottle about five minutes into us eating our dinner. There was plenty of time to take care of this before or after dinner and we thought it was very poor timing.

On our last night, we were able to get a reservation at Kigen. It was only open one night that we were there and it was by far our best food and service experience of the entire trip.

Mosquitos were an issue and my daughter and I ended up covered in bites. I’m not sure if it was from the being in the room or outside, but I did kill a few in the room. Bring spray!

The Kids club was awesome. Ysabel and Rikelby were truly amazing with our children! The kids circus on the beach was a blast! As for other activities, you just never knew what was going on.

The pools were clean and had plenty of space to spread out. No real service though when you’re lying poolside. The beach was okay. Overall, it was clean but there were some issues with seaweed a few days, but we’ve experienced this in Mexico as well. The water isn’t the beautiful turquoise water that you’ll find in Bavaro and we went there for a few lunches so we could get our fix.

There is definitely a lot to love here and so much potential. I would love to see how far the place has come along in six months to a year!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank travelwithcandace

Dear Lilabby1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with such detailed information!

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and are appreciative of the feedback you have provided as it gives us the opportunity to make improvements.

I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay in regards to our Food and Beverage service and I assure you that i will be sharing this with my team so that we can fine tune our operations in efforts to provide a better experience to our guests.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 31 December 2020

I recently stayed at this property for 12 days with my boyfriend over the holidays. The rooms, pool, and beach area are beautiful and very nice in comparison to other hotels we saw on the island!

However, this hotel has quite a few service issues to work out. The waitstaff made at least 1 or 2 mistakes each day of our stay- bringing wrong dishes, substituting ingredients/dishes without letting us know, taking away drinks we weren’t finished with, etc etc. Because this hotel hasn’t been open long, the waitstaff are all new and many seem inexperienced. Mostly everyone had good intentions, but the waitstaff needs additional training ASAP. The hotel was also frequently out of various foods/drinks- they ran out of bottled water, tequila, and fruits. The hotel didn’t have any icecream either, which seems like a common food staple...

Several employees went above and beyond during our stay- Che Michael, Ronnie, Juliana, Kati, and Lola in particular were all extremely welcoming and helpful. I hope to return in the future and see the Radisson Blu shine! Overall, this hotel shows a lot of potential but needs to work on service sooner rather than later.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank maewall97

Dear Maewall97,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am happy to see that Michael, Ronnie, Juliana, Kati, and Lola made a great impression on you! We are certainly fortunate to have such a caring team as them that takes pride in providing our guests with a memorable experience.

I apologize for the challenges that you experienced regarding Food and Beverage service and I assure you that we will use your feedback as a training opportunity to make improvements.

We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the perfect 5 star experience you deserve!

Reviewed 13 December 2020

I love the food of the hotel, great service from Rafael, Moisés Antonio,Virginia, Sayonara, Ratiudka, Ferden and the rest of the staff. I was able to take my dog Snoopy with me he is a maltipoo dog and they also serve food for my dog at the restaurant. He was so happy, my mom, dad, brothers and I really enjoyed the food there, it was delicious, the best thing the hotel has is the food at the restaurant. We wanted our day to start just to go eat. They have delicious desserts.

The room was very nice, the decoration inside of the apartments, we had a 3 bedroom apartment with a kitchen, washer machine and dryer, living room, jacuzzi.

I am leaving today and I already want to be back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank peblesl
Nuria Costal, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort & Residence, Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2020

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 11 December 2020

First off, let's be clear that I'm a Radisson fanboy because of their credit card, and all my friends think I'm strange for it. Anyway, I had been so excited about this hotel for about 18 months since I'd heard about, and I would look for news updates now and then on google. I was thrilled when I got to start following this hotel's Instagram and FB account, and when Radisson announced their promotion for 25% back on point bookings, I acted and booked this hotel for its third week in operation.

Due to COVID, the resort had about 40 customers there, so I'm sure the staff to guest ratio was quite generous. That said, only two of the five restaurants were open due to the low occupancy, and only one per meal. The resort certainly empty, which was nice, felt super private. Certainly that's a nice feeling, but I was so enamored with the staff, property, and amenities, I would've enjoyed it packed to the gills.

The resort is gorgeous, and the rooms looked sharp. Bed and master bathroom were super clean in my 2 BR suite. The second bedroom was about 2/3 the size, but didn't get used. That room's bathroom looked a bit worn, the drawers were cockeyed and the shower looked a bit dirty. Even in the master bathroom, the sink's overflow drain piece was falling off. But look, this is nitpicking, the room was amazing and spacious, with a balcony that stretched the width of the master BR and living room. Huge kitchen. All well decorated and colored. Loved it!

Food at both restaurants was tasty. Felt fresh, expertly prepared, and was a highlight for me. The ceviche at lunch was the best I'd ever had. Rolls were fresh, vegetables cooked just right. The drinks throughout the weekend never disappointed.

Pool was awesome, I loved how it was uniquely shaped, and wiggled its way through the resort to the beach. The beach was clean, the cabanas comfy. Beach chairs looked a tad worn, but still plenty usable.

Staff were consistently friendly and eager to help. Wilson was my butler, and he gave me his whatsapp so I can contact him as needed all weekend. He helped with room service, finding out meal times, helping with bags, arranging for transportation to a gift shop, and just generally taking great care of me. Another employee, Julio Cesar, was the waiter both dinners, and at the first dinner, shared a conversation about local honey. When asked, he agreed to help find a bottle near his home and bring it back the next day! It was so helpful as it wasn't sure if it'd be able to be found without aid.

Only major downside is that the hotel-arranged transfer from the airport was not waiting at the airport upon arrival, and I spent 30 minutes looking for it. I couldn't reach the hotel when borrowing someone's cell phone, and my emails didn't get answered until I was finally on property (took a regular taxi). To the hotel's credit, they were profusely sorry and worked to understand what happened.

As a Radisson Gold Member, I was pleased that the Welcome Amenity of sparkling wine and potato chips were in my room upon arrival. Also, I received an upgrade in room due to my status.

I am so excited to have this new property. Radisson's western hemisphere portfolio is smaller than the eastern's, and it's nice to have this aspirational point property open!

2  Thank Don K

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel.
We look forward to your next stay.