Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$457
US$432
Excellence Resorts
US$270
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$667
US$521
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$325
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$414
US$274
US$680
US$635
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$237
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$459
US$305
US$277
Elvoline
US$378
HotelsClick
10,598 results
All reviewsseaside grillentertainment teameddie murphyla rivieramilky waybaopreferred clubthe lazy river pooljuan manuelpool barbig papispaghettiour honeymoonsexy chocolateswim up roompreferred poolunlimited vacation club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

​We had a great time at Secrets Royal Beach. We traveled with another couple to celebrate the wives' 40 something birthdays. The room is clean, spacious, and comfortable. I liked the separate commode with a toilet and bidet. We ate at the Seaside Grill, Oceana, Hitmitsu, and Portafino. The best was probably Oceana because of the chicken lobster kabobs. The buffet had a nice selection and twice had friend calamari, my favorite. I also enjoyed the beach BBQ, just be prepared to wait for meat to be cooked. But, they had yummy burgers and chicken as well as tacos, nachos and fresh fruit. The best was the breakfast buffet. I had delicious pancakes and crepes every day. Lilliana and Jharmelin were always singing and making sure my many cups of coffee were refilled.

We also loved Juan Carlos at the preferred bar at night. The foam party at the pool bar was fun as well as the contest on Friday. I would have like more pool games, but from the reviews I've read...some people want it quiet. If that is the case I suggest you stay on the preferred side or down the lazy river if you don't like action by the swim up pool bar. We loved the music and had a blast meeting lots of new friends.​ The entertainment team was fun and would take time to talk with you...Garfield, Eddie Murphy and Spaghetti...stood out.
We also enjoyed yoga on the beach.

I liked the outdoor bars at night. Although the Karoake in the lobby was fun, too. We ventured over to both NOW resorts during the day and the screaming kids were enough to keep it a short visit. We went to NOW at night and enjoyed the casino, the club, and the coffee shop. I also liked their lobby bar better than ours and they actually had better booze--flavored vodkas, tanqueray,etc...that we couldn't seem to get at Secrets.

The best part of the resort is the location and staff. I loved that you could walk the beach in 20 minutes either way and hit some local shops. I loved the palm lined beach, too.
The staff was super friendly, always a friendly HOLA. They also decorated both my and my friend's room doors with birthday banners and delivered a cake which we thought made our stay extra special.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank newschick
eConcierge N, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear newschick,

Thank you for choosing Secrets Royal Beach to be the destination of such a special occasion like your wife's birthday. There is no more encouraging feedback than reading your expectations concerning to the dining options, entertainment, location and attentions, were met during your holidays. For us it is a pleasure to make our guests' trip extra special, as it was your case.

There is an open invitation to return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have to say this was the best trip we've ever taken. My Mother and I travel often and have been to a number of different resorts, but this beats them all. From the first contact with Briana Quintin from Executive Services from Globalbureau, to the staff at the resort, everyone was amazing. They know your name, what you want to drink and provide service with a smile. It was my Mother's birthday and they put a birthday banner on the door and left a cake with her name on it in the room. I can't say enough. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank imsusan22018

Dear imsusan22018,

Thank you for honoring us at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana with your visit for such a special occasion like your mother's birthday, so it enabled us to surprisse her. It is highly significant to read you experiment the friendliness and attentions that distinguish our property from any other resort.

For sure it'd be a pleasure to be able to receive you again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have a very mixed review of this resort. It is nice, and the staff overall was very friendly. Especially Yeimi Reyes who went above and beyond to make our stay better. She was very helpful with ideas to make my sister's birthday trip fun. We went to Yeimi with concerns about the "Unlimited Luxury top shelf" drinks that were promised and were nowhere to be found. She made it right and gave us access to those couple of "preferred bars." Unfortunately, the website says that is automatically included, so that's frustrating that it actually isn't. The drinks in EVERY bar are what I would consider wine based alcohol and taste horrible. They had a terrible vomit aftertaste. Even at the preferred bars you have to tell them you want it with a top shelf liquor and then hope they listen. Most of the time, they still made it with the bar liquor. The taste was bad enough, we left drinks everywhere after we would taste them. That's alcohol abuse, but we had no choice! lol Please understand, we aren't even picky drinkers! One evening my husband and I went to one of the "preferred bars" and asked for a margarita with good tequila so he made it with Jose Quervo which is way better than the wine based tequila, then when we asked for another one, he said it was all gone and he couldn't get more until tomorrow night because they didn't serve during the day. WHAT?!? The entire group of 8 of us switched to Malibu Pineapple drinks because they didn't have a wine based Malibu to swap it with. The alcohol taste was my only major complaint. Other than that, we had a great time. If I could rate this resort solely on Yeimi, Henry, "Eddie", and a few others, I would be back in a heartbeat, but I think we will stay somewhere else next time because of how bad the drinks were.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laylajo0311

Dear laylajo0311,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and describe your experience. It is important for us to read you had a great stay, and people like Yeimi made the difference by their extra mile effort to accommodate you.

Despite of the aforementioned, we are sorry the drinks were not as expected. Let me clarify we offer top shelf spirit, nonetheless, we don't guarantee specific brands, as we depend on external providers. In addition, some brands are exclusively for Preferred. Although, we will take a look closely to this situation to verify opportunities for improvement.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came here for a well deserved holiday. I have mixed reviews about this hotel. The setting is just beautiful, the location is amazing. Being able to walk along the beach was just wonderful. Yes there is sea weed but gosh they work so hard clearing it away. We spent most of the day on the beach, plenty of sun beds and always clean towels available. The beach is a public beach but I had no issue with that. Most entertaining for people watching. The foam party at the pool was great fun! We have stayed at a few Secrets Hotels and for me this one didn’t quite match up to the others, there was just something missing. The service wasn’t always consistent and on more than one occasion orange juice etc ordered at breakfast just didn’t turn up! After asking 4 times I gave up! I found no issues with the food. The Buffet Restaurant had so many choices, food was hot, labelled and well presented. We ate in most of the restaurants during the evenings with no complaints. Majority of staff so so friendly and kind. They work so hard and always have a smile on their faces. We had a wonderful holiday, just not quite 5 star!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank h0lidaygirl10
eConcierge N, Manager at Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear h0lidaygirl10,

Thank you for visiting our hotel for your holidays. It is pleasant to read that you had a wonderful stay, from which you remark the kindness of the team and their interest to guarantee you an "excelente" stay. In addition, it is equally valuable to confirm you enjoyed our entertainment activities, as food options of your like.

We appreciate you brough to our attentions the aspects you consider can be improved, as it enables to work on it.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited for our honey moon. We were greeted with drinks, cold towels and a "welcome home!". The staff genuinely went above and beyond from check-in to check-out. We took full advantage of nightly shows, pool and beach activities, resuratnts and bars. We loved the daily flyer (sundial) to inform of us of all happenings. We enjoyed the foam party at the pool, and the overall excitement of the pool with guests and bartenders. When you visit the pool bar, be sure to find 'JP in the house' Carlos L and Angel. The overall entertainment day and night was so memorable. Spaghetti made us always feel like family, right at home& we miss him already. Eddie Murphay and guppy did a great job at always keeping us on our toes, entertained and having the best time possible. My husband enjoyed the sports and competitions such as waterpolo in the pool, beach volley ball and ping pong.
When it came to food we had a difficult time adjusting from our American customs. The restaurants we tried for dinner were pretty good though. We ate at the seaside grill and had great huge steaks, the hibachi grill and the Italian restaurant was a good date night with intimate and romantic service. During the day the cheese burgers were really about the only things we enjoyed, and bagels for breakfast. Although one day they had a Mexican fiesta and had a taco bar which was fresh and delicious.
We would recommend that if your going to take an excursion you do so early in your trip. We felt more relaxed knowing we had done something different and then each day after that was more laid back. We went with a dunebuggy trip. It was very fun and a great experience, we were able to see a lot of dominican culture.
We brought plenty of singles for tipping, this is completely up to you. We found that when we appreciated good service, they appreciated that in return and were sure to remember our drinks or put aside some of the good beer for us. (A dollar goes a long way)
Also recommend to bring your own pool floats if you want to use the lazy river or just to use in the pool. We brought our yeti tumblers to use at the pool bar, they are very used to this. It kept drinks cold longer(and larger pours..again tips help with this too).
For night time fun, we enjoyed the casino and the disco at now Lamar. Remember this is NOT adult only so the club will have teenagers but is 18+.
We did not spend much time at the beach, partly because of preference but also were unsettled by the "salesmen" on the beach. There will be guys in white shirts. They are not allowed to come into resort property. But when you try to go to the ocean. They approach you, it was our understanding they are mostly selling illegal things. We recommend to just say no thank you and keep walking. If booking excursions. Do this through your resort only.
We loved our room with a tropical view and hot tub on the balcony. As honeymooners we did spend a considerable amount of time here, the robes were super comfy, and the beds are a luxury.
We highly recommend this resort and will be returning. Thank you Secrets family for making our stay so special.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kayli S

Dear Kayli S,

Receive our sincere gratitude for choosing Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana to celebrate such a special occasion like your honeymoon. We are more than pleased to read that you experimented the feeling of being at home since the moment of your arrival with the genuine welcome of the team, and how they were above and beyond to guarantee you a pleasant stay.

It is important for us, to read you were comfortable in your room, in addition your remarks about our food options.

It would be an honor to be able to host you again.