3 people have started booking this hotel
Booking.comUS$613
Hotels.comUS$338
travelup.comUS$862
7,040 results
All reviews la diva market cafe big boy preferred club el patio seaside grill coco cafe preferred beach entertainment staff our honeymoon welcome home tropical view preferred area every morning eddie murphy pool volleyball preferred room
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First my bartender's at the preferred club javier and Carlos. best service best drinks the whole team on this side is unbelievable.when you get down to the rose water and you're hanging out at the pool you won't get better service anywhere in this resort the staff there douglas wander carmen dovis jorge nestor alba it didn't matter where we were on the beach the restaurant the bar and they took such great care of us our cups were never empty the drinks they brought us to try the new things they brought out this team is outstanding it's just unbelievable. But it doesn't stop there part of the same team you go down to the beach you hang out by the ocean bask in the sun and the bar team down there is the same way vanesa maria victor yasmin yac maicol. and then Douglas and his team at the Italian restaurant you are not going to find anything better me and my wife had one night she wanted Italian and I wanted French Douglas made this work for us for two nights another outstanding way that they did service it was unbelievable our housekeeper marisela sanches took such great care of our room that we never needed anything at all everything was just outstanding the resort is unbelievably clean. Are Butler anything anytime anywhere that we needed something no matter how big or how small he did such a phenomenal job I highly recommend ronald if you want to Butler that I'll take care of your every need for every moment that you need something he was on it checked in with you everyday gave you a list of the days events the shows took care of everything you could possibly want. Hemeregildo and his service team deserve great credit for everything if you had a bad vacation you never left your room. And then there was the staff that took care of our bags and getting us the cabs and all of that oliver saul rufael anytime you need a cab to go somewhere do something pick up our bags drop our bags off these guys were on it. I'm probably forgetting to mention 100 names but everywhere we went for breakfast lunch dinner they knew our names the new things we liked they were taking care of us there was extra treats with each meal the pool staff you had other people going around making crepes bringing you shrimp bring you a calamari of the steaks here we're unbelievable probably the best food I've ever had at a resort okay another were a couple things that could have been better The hibachi grill the rice was way undercooked the food was overly salty and overly done we ate at that restaurant one time and that was more than enough for us that was one of the only problems if you were looking for something bad about the resort. The beach there's spots that are rocky the sands a little on the hard side and some spots but nonetheless gorgeous beaches gorgeous views the staff down on the beach you couldn't be happier you don't ever have to get out of your chair and you're so well taken care of. The staff at oceana and seaside grill they would let you order off of either menu again the staff unbelievable the cleanliness and how they cleaned each and every little thing your silverware comes out it's still hot the tables are sprayed down I probably got a million names I'd like to put in here too I forgot a lot of them but they took such great care of us the Italian restaurant in the French restaurant again outstanding food you can't anywhere you go you can't help but to get great service it didn't matter where we were what we did they treated us like we were really family they call you family they remember your name if you're looking for a lot of bad things you're not going to find them at this resort. this is probably the best secrets resort I've ever been to and definitely the longest review I've ever written but it's a review that just shows how much these people care and how far out of their way they went what they were willing to from anybody and everybody there you were treated like family and the cleanliness the safeness of this resort they're wearing their masks all the time there's sanitizing their hands all the time they're putting sanitizer out there for you all the time everything is wiped down everywhere if you want one of the best resorts ever I highly recommend going here.

1  Thank S9795CCdaveh
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Where to begin? We are Unlimited Vacation Club Platinum members and have been to Secrets Silver Sands, Secrets Marina Beach, Secrets Playa Mujeres, Dreams Playa Mujeres, Dreams Tulum , Now Saphire, Now Jade, Secrets St John, and Secrets Wild Orchid. All were awesome, but this was the very best resort/vacation we have ever had!

Let’s start with the most important part. The people. The first one we met was Jeanne from the UVC club. She checked us in and we fell in love with her! In all of our UVC experiences, she is the first one we “trusted”. That is pretty hard to say about a UVC rep. But, she honestly made us feel like we were important, regardless of our membership status.

Next was Anibal, our butler. I do t even have the words. Have you seen the movie Mr. Deeds? How Adam Sandler just had a thought in his head and “poof”, the butler just appeared out of nowhere? Well, that was Anibal. He just appeared out of the clouds sometimes. It was like he knew what we wanted before we did. He was absolutely amazing! The true spirit of the resort and the best service we have ever received from anyone, anywhere! Thanks Anibal!

Now, for the others who were absolutely outstanding. Jeffrey at RoseWater, Carlos and Wander at the preferred Club bar, Evelyn at the spa, Alba and Zuny beach and pool waiters, and Cristian and Royer restaurant managers. Could not have asked for better, more attentive staff!

Now, for the resort. We started in a swim up bungalow suite which was gorgeous and amazing. It was also right by the RoseWater, so the drinks started flowing as soon as we stepped outside. We didn’t even have to leave our patio. After a few days, we switched to an ocean front swim out (to which our livers said thank you”. The view of the ocean while sitting in your own pool was outstanding. Could not have asked for anything better.

The resort is absolutely stunning. Food was excellent. Entertainment, although limited due to Covid, was good. The grilled chicken on the beach was the best we have ever had in our lives. The beef dishes were also consistently amazing. Portofino, the Italian restaurant, was our very favorite.

My only complaints, if I have to choose some things for improvement, is that there was no bathtub in either of the rooms. I love baths, but this was not a possibility unless you are in a master suite. Also, it would be nice to have been able to lower the thermostat a degree or two in the summer, but since we were here in January/February, we definitely could not complain. My only other “complaint” was the lack of variety in the restaurants. The menus were the same every day and were limited. Even the buffet which was only open for breakfast, got real boring after the 2nd day. And last is that the hamburgers (ordered twice) were completely raw.

Overall, I can not say enough about Secrets Cap Cana. We loved it and will definitely be back! Thank you Anibal and everyone for being so amazing and making our 10th anniversary trip a dream come true!

3  Thank Triland2
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I came for our second time to celebrate our February birthdays and wanted to try the preferred experience and the service was first rate. Alexis our Butler was very professional and made our stay seamless and relaxing. He also set up a fun shopping experience outside the resort at a guided tour shopping center where we could find anything from cigars and rum to toys and T-shirts for our family. If you plan to stay on the preferred side make sure you request Alexis as your Butler! The staff at Rosewater the preferred side restaurant and bar was also amazing! Wander the Bartender made artistic and fun fruity drinks for my husband and I that tasted delicious. Douglas one of the waiters has to be the hardest working person I have ever met always made my husband and I feel like VIP guests during our stay. If you decide to do the preferred side make sure to lounge by the preferred pool and meet Doris who ensured that we never got thirsty. Although you don’t have to stay preferred to feel like a VIP guest the food throughout the resort was acceptable and the staff was always amazing. My husband and I were regulars at the Coco Cafe where Raquel, Esther, and Dania served us yummy coffee beverages at any time during the day you can even have it delivered to your room. It was a nice and relaxing break from the Michigan weather and my husband and I would love to come again in the future! Thank you to everyone at Secrets Cap Cana for making our vacation a memorable one!

1  Thank amykM3706JP
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a beautiful 9 day stay in the oceanfront swim out master suite. Our butler Alexis was there to help us with anything we needed and Abraham from the beach bar took excellent care of us. He went above and beyond for the birthday we celebrated and made our stay very special

1  Thank 926erind
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off I would like to say this resort is beautiful and I would highly recommend. We came here with 5 friends for a birthday trip. The room was beautiful and always clean. La Diva and cappuccino were great by the pool! Darlin was very attentive down on the beach. Eduar our concierge was helpful and kept us on track with our covid testing and paperwork needed to fly back home. There was live music nightly in the lobby as well as shows and other special events throughout resort. The did an amazing job for Super Bowl 2021! With TVs and huge projector screens for all the football fans. Food was good and to be honest every single person we came in contact with on this vacation was extremely friendly.

Trip type: Traveled with friends