8,124 results
All reviews royal gourmet king kong swim up room le chanterelle royal suites guests palladium complex royal lobby room service cheese fondue butler service las torres el bohio new section travel club romance suite lobster sports bar
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at the TRS Turquesa in June 2018 for our honeymoon and it was everything I could want and more. I’ll try to break it down:

SERVICE: I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent staff here and how this really made the trip special. They went above and beyond in terms of service and friendliness. The waiters, bartenders, butlers, room service, security guards, etc were unbelievably friendly and helpful. In particular, I’d like to thank Juan, Camilo, and Lionel at the main pool bar for their excellent work, service, and friendliness.

BEACH: The beach is wonderful. There is a reserved section for TRS guests (no children allowed). We preferred time on the beach over pool so we usually got out there about 9 am or so and then we’d head in until the afternoon (come back out about 3:00). We never had trouble getting a beach chair or umbrella. They have servers that can bring you drinks. They also have towels. There was some seaweed on the beach that you’d have to walk over at times. It wasn’t ideal but it didn’t really distract from the overall beauty and it seems to be something that happens on most of the beaches (at least from what I saw) and they do have people who work to pick up some of the seaweed.

POOL: Online I was worried the pool would be too small, but it never felt that way. Granted we preferred the beach but the pool never seemed too packed. It was a nice size and they had various activities going on (pool aerobics, pool biking, etc. )

BARS: We were very impressed by the range of liquors and drinks available. The service was always great. The drinks were strong. Absolutely no concerns here. Juan at the main pool bar was especially great. The 24 hour sports bar was also very nice - good bar food.

RESTAURANTS: I was not sure what to expect but we talked to our butler on Day 1 and told him what restaurants we were interested in and he got us reservations. We ate at the Teppanyaki Grill, Indian, Italian, Steakhouse, and Mexican. The Teppanyaki (Japanese) Grill was our favorite- they put on a great show-followed by Indian (I had the salmon at both and they were phenomenal). Italian was good but the dessert was disappointing. Steakhouse was our least favorite- the food and decor was the least impressive. The Mexican was quite good and the patio is beautiful. There is also a TRS- exclusive restaurant called Helios. They have a beautiful patio with a violinist most nights and you can hear the ocean. It’s great- I’d recommend eating there the first night since you won’t have reservations yet.

TRANSPORT AROUND RESORT: TRS is connected to three other resorts and you can go to any of the other resorts. There is a little train that comes every 15 minutes or so to take you around the resort but also TRS has their own golf carts that will drop you off where you need to go. I don’t think I ever waited more than 3 minutes for a transport.

GROUNDS: The grounds are pristine! The trees, flowers, and grasses are absolutely stunning! The gardeners do such a nice job. The resort is also gated and there are security guards there at all hours (including on the beach) which was very nice.

ROOM: Room was very nice. We stayed in a Royal Junior Suite in one of the complexes near the main pool (Room 5210). It was about a one minute walk to the beach which was ideal. We were also on the first floor which was actually helpful for running in to use our bathroom or grab a snack. Some of the other rooms are further from the beach; I can’t speak to what those rooms are like.

TIPS: Download the Grand Palladium app for information about restaurants and resort activities. Get reservations as soon as you get there to guarantee spots at your preferred restaurants. If you’re invited to “find out how to book exclusively through the resort” - it’s a sales pitch. If you’re totally not interested, I’d recommend saying that prior to going to the meeting so you don’t waste your time (the meeting took over an hour and we weren’t interested but everyone was very nice).

NEGATIVES: Once room service took an hour instead of their 35-45 min estimate. Once breakfast at Helios took quite some time to get someone to take our order. At times there were discrepancies between website, app, and what was actual (name of restaurant, hours open, etc). The re-stocking of our mini-fridge was inconsistent (we’d get peanuts one day but not the next, etc). Nothing too big though!!

I loved it! Because it’s adults only, if was a lot quieter than some of the other resorts. The staff and service are wonderful!! The beach is gorgeous!!! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca427
Gelson Z, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Rebecca427,

On behalf of the entire Team of TRS Turquesa Hotel, we would like to express my gratitude for having decided to share your comments to future visitors. We attach a great importance to your comments and they are taken with our maximum interest.

We are delighted to learn that your expectations were met and our staff went the extra mile in order to offer you a great experience. Nowadays we understand that a genuine approach to our guests in-house could be decisive to face up to all their requirements during your stay. We appreciate you have shared your fantastic experience with future travelers regarding our destination.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We will be attentive in order to provide a more pleasant and uneventful experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This was the best trip I have ever been on and Judith the Butler made it all happen. My new husband and I were on our Honeymoon and from the minute we walked in - Judith was there to make sure we had everything we needed.
She took us to our room to show us around, she scheduled dinners for us, always checked on our excursions and even seeked us out when we were sitting by the pool to make sure everything was going well.

Judith surprised us several times with nice things throughout the week.
The best part was that we don't drink, and she cleared alcohol from our fridge and brought in all the items we really enjoyed.

I can't say enough about our vacation, but having 'Butler Judith' made it 'Fabulous'.

Room Tip: Great ocean view room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear KathysB9080AU,

Thank you very much for sharing such a lovely review of our TRS Turquesa Hotel, it pleased us greatly that it has been a memorable one.

I am also excited that you found the staff to be accommodating and helpful and that you felt this made of your stay a really pleasant experience. I have passed your kind words to the whole team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again very soon.

Please, grant us the privilege to celebrate your 1st anniversary in an exceptional luxurious setting like ours and let yourself be pampered by our specialists of wellness.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We had an amazing time at Turquesa for our honeymoon. We loved that it was an adult only hotel, though we did see some kids when we went to other areas of the resort for food. The food was great and the service was excellent. They even brought us treats each night when they found out we were on our honeymoon. JJ was our butler and helped us to make dinner reservations for the different restaurants while we were there and helped us out with anything else that we had questions with and was just very friendly. There were several pools with different levels of loudness and quietness so we could have exactly what we wanted. And the lounging on the beach was great too. I absolutely loved this hotel and would highly recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Rebekah N
Gelson Z, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Rebekah N,

Thank you very much for sharing a great review of our TRS Turquesa Hotel, it pleased us greatly that it has been a memorable one and up to your expectations. We are so glad that you have felt accommodated by the excellent performance done by our team.

We hope to have the opportunity to offer you our services again in the future.

Receive warm greetings from Paradise!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Gregory, Daniella, Anthony, Albesard and Nelson are just a few of the staff members that made our week here sooo much fun! Extremely friendly and welcoming! There is something for everyone, there were pool side activities such as stretching, water aerobics, dance lessons, and bingo to name a few! There is also plenty to do in the evening as well, theater and interactive dancing. I will be back for sure!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Dear Kristie M,

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I had a great vacation, it was my first all inclusive and I enjoyed it very much. The Turquesa has a lot of activities to offer and there is great food around the resort. The staff was fun and helpful, especially daniela, Gregory, and albesard.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Gelson Z, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Turquesa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Tcurtis0565,

Thank you very much for sharing a great review of our TRS Turquesa Hotel, it pleased us greatly that it has been a memorable one. We are so glad that you have felt accommodated by the excellent performance done by our team.

We hope to have the opportunity to offer you our services again in the future.

Receive warm greetings from Paradise!