US$104
US$94
Courtyard
Al 7 Colonial(Santo Domingo)
Free cancellation until 07/23
US$76
US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$125
US$69
Antiguo Hotel Europa(Santo Domingo)
US$73
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Acuarium Resort Hotel(Santo Domingo)
Free cancellation until 07/28
US$48
US$43
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$49/night.

Amalias Guest House(Santo Domingo)
Free cancellation until 07/29
US$50
US$41
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$219
  • Pool
US$119
  • Pool
All reviewsother guestsboca chicadirect airportconveniently located to the airportpopular nightsocial lifedominican republiccolonial zonehotel ownergay scenemerengue musicsights and soundsgeneral managereasy walking distancenight lifethird worldnight manager
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was supposed to get a ride from the airport, but I couldn't find the driver, so I took a taxi. My flight arrived before check in time, and Gilbert, the owner, checked my luggage, while I had breakfast and explored. He was very helpful in navigating the gay scene in the area. This was invaluable, considering that I was traveling alone. My first day Gilbert took me and some other guests to the beach, I had a great time there.
The room was very 'okay'. It smelled like roach spray for the first 2 days and the television never was functional for my entire stay (about a week). The linen wasn't replaced regularly, and the toiletries were poorly stocked. Other than that it was clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, and I saw no roaches.
The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me get, or obtaining for me, anything I wanted to make my stay more enjoyable and I felt very safe in the hotel. I paid a local young man to show me around the city.
There is a decent restaurant open 24 hours near the hotel (the name escapes me) and there was this really nice, reasonable restaurant called 'Duo' which was also very close.
If I ever return to Santo Domingo, I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hello Oscar... thanks for your nice overall review and I will take into consideration your suggestions and remarks. I am glad that you will stay with us again next time you are in DR.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Didn’t like the room, the hotel or the service, and wouldn’t stay again.

The original reason for the choice of Adam Suites was the proximity to bars and clubs across the road but I didn’t find them friendly or welcoming either (quite the opposite, really surly staff) so I relocated hotel to the much nicer Casa Sanchez hotel (exceptional!) just a few streets away, where the customer care was first class, and through whom I ended up doing a lovely day trip to the beach.

I stayed at Adam suites on two separate occasions over a week: the first two days was supposed to be my orientation for Santo Domingo (As it was my first time to the island I messaged via the hotel website asking if they offer a taxi pick up service from airport but got no reply) and for the second two nights (the nights the bars and discos were open) I paid but did not stay, not feeling comfortable in either the bars or the hotel, and sensibly opted to go back to Casa Sanchez, where I knew I’d have a good nights sleep and a delicious breakfast.

I wish I’d read the other negative reviews on TA about this place beforehand, and acted accordingly.

Culinary tip: a very good eatery nearby is the lulu restaurant (which serves an exceptional mushroom ceviche) and a must see experience is the three eyes cave, where I believe a scene from Jurassic Park was filmed.

Santo Domingo though was wonderful, and they even play merengue music from loudspeakers on the Main Street, really good Caribbean vibe.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
5  Thank 947antony
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear review readers, allow me for a moment to analyze this review on his entirety... and the end you can make your own conclusion about it.

1-) On the first paragraph the reviewer wrote: "The original reason for the choice of Adam Suites was the proximity to bars and clubs across the road but I didn’t find them friendly or welcoming either (quite the opposite, really surly staff) so I relocated hotel to the much nicer Casa Sanchez hotel"

My reply: As you said Mr. Reviewer... according to your statement you only decided to stay in our hotel because of the bars/club across the street. BUT, since you did not like the clubs and/the bar across the street then you wrote that you "decided to relocate to another hotel" but the reason(s) for your move had nothing to do with our hotel, our services neither the staff (I also noticed that from this point on you start with the promotion of "Casa Sanchez" and thereafter as well- which is very "curious".

2-) The reviewer then wrote: "I stayed at Adam suites on two separate occasions over a week: the first two days was supposed to be my orientation for Santo Domingo.... and for the second two nights (the nights the bars and discos were open) I paid but did not stay"

My reply: Oh!?...the reviewer stayed at our hotel on two separate occasions during a week period? Right? Waw, he arrived to the hotel stayed one night, did not like the hotel, then he left and went to another hotel, then he came back and left again? Come on! That is so unbelievable that is funny my friends. Please notice that on the second paragraph the reviewer once again wrote a second promo for Casa Sánchez- which I find "very interesting".

Unfortunately, he gave us overall very bad marks and review.... but he never mentioned anything derogatory or bad about the hotel, our services or the staff- which lends me to believe that this is another review that was aimed to hurt our good reputation while promoting another hotel at same time. Basically, the above is an example of what I call: A shady business practice.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Friendly staff, convenient location. Room was clean but no windows. Paid for "upgraded" balcony suite that was disappointing. Unusable balcony and made for lots of street noise coming into my room. Good value for the area!

Room Tip: The "balcony suite" had doors that opened to noisy street, but no balcony. And no windows. If stay here, go the cheap route...
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank justinharrisphoto
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

I would like to thank you for your nice review about the hotel staff and I would look into the issues mentioned. Thanks

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Well to start things out Adam suites was suppose to pick me up at the Airport, they where a no show However when I called the Hotel they told me to take a cab and they would paid for it,

My Room was very clean but the Air conditioner wasn't working well I was told when I was checking out that he was going to have it looked at. When he should have had it looked while I was there, The rooms don't have safes but I was told they are going to get them. The Night security was asleep when I was coming in from the night life and two nights there was no security so they pulled down the metal gate very unsafe.
When I booked it was for two but my buddy did not come but when I brought they charged me $10 not sure why?

Gilbert is a very nice guy I will try it again and hope for the best My thing they need to have the room safe.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank thomasemd
adamsuiteshotel, Owner at Adam Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Sorry to hear of your inconveniences and I will address them accordingly. Please next time report any issue to me directly, as you are aware I live at the hotel and I am in my office all day long so that I can personally address any issue as it arises. See u back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Adam Suites is a great little hotel, conveniently nested in the heart of Zona Colonial. Gilbert, the owner, was a gracious and very helpful host. The staff is only 3 people: the Night Manager Joseph, Day Manager Silvia and the housekeeper. They took care of all my needs. Thank you guys. I rented the Superior Room #4. The room is surprisingly spacious, high ceilings, and is located in the back, away from the street. Room #4 is quiet, I could not hear the street noise. It does not have a safe, but Gilbert provided a portable safe at my request. To sum it up, the place is clean, convenient, helpful stuff, but most importantly: SAFE. I highly recommend Adam Suites, specially for visitors, coming for first time in SD.

Room Tip: I rented Superior Room #4. The room is spacious, high ceilings, and is located in the back, away from the street. Room #4 is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Christian I

Dear Christian... I just noticed that I did not acknowledged your review. My bad my friend! I assumed I did, but better late than never :-)
Allow me to thank you for your nice words towards the staff, the hotel services and me. Please come back again. We are here... jejej