US$87
US$79
Courtyard
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$136
US$69
Al 7 Colonial(Santo Domingo)
Free cancellation until 07/30
US$76
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 08/03
US$119
  • Pool
Acuarium Resort Hotel(Santo Domingo)
US$52
Amalias Guest House(Santo Domingo)
Free cancellation until 08/05
Book now, pay at stay
US$15
US$169
  • Pool
Adam Suites(Santo Domingo)(Great Value!)
All reviewsalfredomain towerluna restauranttennis courtsthe club loungepool staffexcellent servicepool sidepool barfront desk staffan upgradefitness centercaribbean seathe entire staffwonderful hotelocean viewspecial thanks
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a 2-night stay at Renaissance Santo Domingo over the Easter Holiday weekend. This is a beautiful property and we were upgraded to Executive floor which has a huge room!

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The bellman Pablo who took our luggage to the room was very patient and took the time to explain things to us in excellent English!

The pool is a lot of fun at this hotel as it has many different floats that you can use. For example, there was a black swan float and a pink flamingo float. These are huge floats that even adults can use and we had to go at night just so we can have our chance to use them because they were so popular!

I like the location of this hotel as it overlooks the ocean and is only a USD10 taxi ride to the Colonial Zone. Please do make sure you get the taxi driver to agree in advance of the rate because the taxi driver returning from Colonial Zone tried to charge us USD20 (but we know it was too much because the driver leaving the hotel only charged us USD 10). I told my husband to pay him USD$10 and got out of the car. He was the only dishonest person we encountered and if you encounter someone like that I recommend you be firm and pay him what is correct and simply walk away.

One thing I would say the Renaissance Hotel needs to improve on is the service of the restaurant staff at the pool. It took almost 1 hour to get our food and the first time they brought the wrong food to our table. The food quality was also lower compared to other local restaurants we have experienced in Santo Domingo.

I do think the breakfast served at the Executive Lounge was very good so maybe it was just an off day for the chef at the pool side?

If I am back in Santo Domingo, I will still stay here again and I highly recommend anyone coming to Santo Domingo to stay here as well. Just don't order lunch at the pool side! :)

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the tower are much nicer.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
mknig, General Manager at Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear JLs3721

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it is very much appreciated. I will be sure to thank Pablo, he is a great guy and will be thrilled with your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the pool, although I am sorry that the lunch was a let down but I will be sure to discuss this feedback with the team so that we can use it to improve what we do. Thanks again for the review and hopefully we will get to see you again soon for another ride on the pink flamingo.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great staff and good location. Within walking distance of the colonial district and good restaurants (30 minute walk).

Staff was wonderful throughout and very helpful. Rooms was clean and comfortable.

We didn't try the casino, so I can't vouch for that.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Jdp6575

Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we will get to welcome you back again soon.

Matt Knights

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Lovely renovation. Great front desk, friendly staff like rest of Dominicans in general. I’m Marriott Platinum. Came for work and had to work on a presentation in the Exec Lounge, and it was great. Bkfst there was good. Loved the sea facing room I was given. Smallish but very modern bathroom. Room was big. Worst was the noise from next room. Could literally hear everything, no soundproofing. If not for that I would give this 5*. Location across main road from seafront (no beach), nice, but walks along seaside aren’t recommended; one of my colleagues was followed and harassed but ultimately not harmed. Close Uber/taxi to old town, which we really enjoyed. All in all, would stay again!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MeTravelBug

Thank you so much for your review, your comments are very much appreciated I am glad that you like our renovation, it really has transformed our hotel. I am however sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your stay although you will be happy to hear that we are currently eliminating most of our interconnecting doors which will eliminate the sound issues from these rooms. Hopefully we can show you the change on your next stay with us.

Thanks

Matt Knights

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Awesome hotel, people are very nice, WiFi was outstanding, espectacular construction, the food is really nice, Boio coffee store has an excellent coffee and food. Recent renovation and the rooms are incredible.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Juan Felipe C

Thanks for your kind words, they are certainly appreciated. I am glad that you like our renovation it really has transformed our hotel. Thanks again for the review, and I hope we will get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Really nice hotel. Location a bit off, but so are most of them. Very nice pool area. Bellman Alfredo was of great service. Didn't use restaurant. Lounge is nice if you are 'qualified' by Marriott membership or simply invited.

Room Tip: Pool view is also seaview - other side is city and sea . . .I prefer the first
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear ole b

I am glad that you emjoyed your stay with us and that Alfredo made it happen for you, he is a great guy and will love your kind words. Hopefully we will get to see you again soon in Santo Domingo.