17 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$199
Hotels.comUS$199
TravelocityUS$199
Trip.comUS$199
PricelineUS$199
eDreamsUS$199
All reviews salty iguana jay jay reef club spice restaurant family pool european type plenty of chairs and umbrellas open air hotel absolutely enjoyed our stay moderate waves remodeled property loved the open air limited menus omelet chef beautiful hotel great gym cpap machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

My true rating is 3.5/5. Overall, the stay was nice. considering the country just came off lockdown about a week and half ago and curfew is still in place (11pm to 4am), many businesses were open or scheduled to reopen soon. Mambo Beach is about a 15 min drive away so it was nice being able to go to and from there.

Pros- large guest rooms, very clean property and guest rooms. Daily room service (optional and free of charge). The overall feel is for people who want a quiet getaway. Parking was free and many spaces available. The reception area is open/airy and beautiful in both the day and night time. All of the staff was really nice and helpful when approached. The two swimming pools were nice and cleaned daily (leaves and other flower buds removed daily). I’m used to staying at places with much larger pools
so I wasn’t as impressed with the size of this one but it was nice nonetheless. There are three places eat —The breakfast restaurant is all you can eat/drink buffet setup where the staff makes your plate. The breakfast was typical (omelette station, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, packages, etc). The lunch area was outside but the pool — typical stuff like burgers, fries, tacos, etc.. The dinner area is across from the reception area and it’s not really a dinner seating type of place. It’s a bar with tables around it. Some tables are just sofas with stool/wicker type of seat—- not really ideal for eating a meal but it was a nice setting. If you’re into sushi, their sushi restaurant was open Wednesday through Sunday from like 6pm until 10:30pm or 11pm. The sushi was really good. The food overall was about an 8/10 and prices were similar to that in the US (NYC-MIAMI-LA areas). The drinks at the bar were okay. They had a decent variety and the bartenders were open to make drinks not on the menu. At the reception desk, you can ask for plug/ac adapters for free (I didn’t know their outlets were different from the US so I was happy they provided as many as you need for free). The rooms have about 4 or 5 USB ports throughout it so you may not need an adapter (depending on what you need to plug in). The rooms were bright and had plenty of lighting (which many hotels/resorts lack). COVID PCR and Antigen test on site with no appointment needed. The antigen test is free (reception gives you 2 vouchers) and the PCR test is $90USD or $95USD. The antigen test results take about 2hrs or less and the PCR is up to 72hrs. For the most part, all of the staff wore masks. The guests did as well while indoors. This hotel is about 12-15 min drive from the airport. The check in and check out process was quick and easy. The morning of my check out, I asked if I can have late checkout, and they said yes, until 2pm (for free) and it would be $50 extra for each hour thereafter. Regular checkout time is 12pm.

Cons- upon arrival, there was no one to help unload your luggage or to take your luggage to the room. I’m not sure if that was because of Covid or not but it was really weird having to do it yourself. There was no one on the driveway as you pull up to greet you—minor things but these are what I expect at a “resort” property. This felt like a “hotel” instead. Also, don’t expect the staff to wait on you unless you’re sitting right at the bar or outdoor eating station. Ex: you can be at the pool or beach area for hours and nobody comes by to see if you need a drink or food. While the lunch and dinner menus had a mixed variety of foods, there were no specialty restaurants or any other dining on site. Each restaurant opened and closed a specific time so if there’s something you like on the dinner menu, you’d have to wait until dinner hours to get it. The beach area was clean and plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas BUT if you are looking to go in the water, note, the water here is extremely ROUGH! If you cannot swim, STAY AT THE POOL as there are no lifeguards on duty (beach or pool). The staff said it was because It was the beginning of Hurricane season so the water is rough but literally 15 mins away (by car), the beach was water was much better. Also, they had some storms in the past which moved some of the rocks that were added to break the waves for the beach so that also played a part. There were no activities on site. The pool area played music once in my 5 days and maybe for 10 mins. Again, if you’re looking for a quiet place, this is the place for you. There were no water spots, no resort activities, nothing! There was a place for you to book activities in the lobby area but nothing was open (that I cared to do— parasailing, banana boy, ATV…). This property is NOT on a strip and you WILL need a car or pay for taxis to get around to do everything. Thank goodness I had rented a car but I imagine cabs would be very costly. I paid for an ocean view room but my view was the adult pool on the 2nd floor with BARELY any Ocean to see (rm 235). Very very disappointed! Staff said they are limited to rooms to provide but I literally heard someone check in with a basic garden view room and they got upgraded for free to an ocean front room. When I inquired about changing my room to more of what I paid for, the guy was very helpful and agreed that i didn’t get really what I paid for, he checked and said there was nothing available. He said to come back the next morning to check again, which was the two days before I checked out so it made no sense to do all of that.

Overall, my stay was pleasant. Would I stay here again? No. I need a little more “waiting on me” type of service, a pool deck that plays music and some kind of activities.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Danyell_Stew
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Ms. Stew,

Please note that I am very grateful that you took the time to provide us with this feedback, on your pros and cons for our property.

Sincerely, we regret not meeting the expectations you had for your vacation.
As you pointed out, indeed due to the current pandemic we eliminated the high touch point areas and this included bell staff service.

I am happy to hear that the staff was really nice and helpful when approached.
Thank you for the comments on the various food & beverage outlets as well.
Your feedback about the service around the pool and beach will be further discussed to the team to ensure that our associates are more visible to all guests.

As restrictions get lifted on the island, we will be able to provide our guest with even more fun experiences on property and around the island.
I do hope to be able to welcome you again in the future and enjoy your stay even more.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

Wonderful service, staff and accommodations. 'Spent 4 nights in an oceanview room that was spacious and very clean. The shower was amazing! Covid precautions were evident throughout the resort: staff wore masks at all times, social distance markers were placed at the front desk and guests checking in/asking questions adhered to the 6 feet apart distance requirement. A small pack of apple-scented antibacterial wipes were in the room when we arrived. The facilities were clean and I observed the staff walking around to pick up loose leaves, sweeping, etc. throughout the day. There are 2 pools onsite - the adults only pool was empty on most days. The serenity pool in that section is very relaxing. This is a beautiful resort, ideal for families, couples and singles to relax and enjoy this beautiful island.

Date of stay: May 2021

Hi Kichanbrit,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hopefully, you can keep the sound and breeze of the ocean in your memories for a long time.

Reviewed 7 April 2021

Unfortunately this review is not so much aimed at the property but to the island of Curacao in itself and our overall stay during our time there( which ultimately does reflect on the hotel). First let me say that I have been putting off writing this review and after being home for nearly two weeks and no one else commenting on this I feel it is my duty to provide a reality of what to expect on the island. Curacao went into a lockdown due to a spike in Covid & hopsitals being at capacity 4 days into our week long stay (4th week of March '21) . The lockdown was announced mid-day on a Monday and the only reason we knew of this was from a local restaurant owner in town. We returned to the resort with some questions, and the lockdown was acknowledged, but no notice came from the hotel until 24 hours later. Luckily, since we were aware of the pending shutdowns we were able to squeeze in some "must sees" but this still was not enough time. There was a curfew already in place on the island which went into effect about a week before our arrival. The curfew would not allow restaurants to take reservations after 6:15pm, so to jam in a bunch of sight seeing and have to be ready and at dinner by 6pm, you do the math. If we had first learned of the shutdowns from the hotel, we would have been S-O-L. I definitely think the hotel should have comminicated better to the guests instead of shoving a letter under our door a few hours before we would become prisoners to the hotel. Are there worse places to be stuck during a lockdown? Absolutely, but it was a dissapointing end to our trip nonethless. The resort was full of instagram worthy photo ops and even being confined there for half our trip, it never felt overly crowded and we could remain a safe distance from others.
I also think it is important to note almost no signage existed on the property to wear masks until this lockdown started. Then it became "real". My husband and I are no stranger to travel during Covid , including other Marriott resorts, and we did not encounter this problem elsewhere. I was also surprised that the hotel did not initiate any temperature or security checks at arrival. Management informed me this was due to PCR tests being required upon entry into the country. But a lot could happen between that test that was taken back in the US, and even within the days staying at the resort. This was also contradicted because it was clear people other than guests could come to the resort and drink and eat, but they would not be screened in any way. Only guests were allowed after the lockdown, so I guess that's how that issue was resolved. This brings me to the limited options of dining at the resort which many others have commented on. Is the dining limited? yes. Is it bearable during normal times when you can leave the resort for one or two meals a day? Yes. However, after the lockdown we could not leave the resort to eat (our only other option was "delivery") so this turned into a lot of rinse and repeat. There was one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner place. The lunch place stayed open until 8pm some days so I guess that can be considered a second dinner option, but being that it was the only place open for lunch, the menu wasn't big enough to eat two meals a day there.
It is very unfortunate what the country was going through and I hope that they find a better way to navigate through the pandemic. We learned from the same restaurant owner in town that this was the 3rd or 4th lockdown in the last year. I did a good amount of research before booking our trip to Curacao and nothing regarding any lockdown came up. There is almost no information regarding this available on the internet and I am convinced their government is keeping it that way for a reason. They obviously rely on tourism and travel and during this shutdown borders continued to remain open. After spending some time in town it was clear to see how this country was suffering including many local businesses. It was very sad to see. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd ever consider going back in a post pandemic world to see how Curacao comes out on the other side.

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank scnyc2016
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Dear Scnyc2016,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and address some of the concerns you had during your stay with us.

As you know, the pandemic has hit the entire world over a year ago, and Curacao has not been an exception. Our island has navigated quite well during this past year through the pandemic by abiding by our Government's local measures.
During this period (except for a short period last year when our border was closed), we were able to welcome many travelers who were free to explore the beauty of our island.

Unfortunately, in recent weeks, we have experienced a spike in the number of Covid-19 infections on the island, (like in other parts of the world) which has led our Government to announce a lockdown on Monday, March 22nd, 2021, which went into effect on Wednesday, March 24th, 2021.

We acknowledge that there was a short period between the lockdown announcement on the news and our communication to our guests.
This is because the general information about such lockdown provided during the press conference is very general in content. After the announcement we need to contact the government officials gather specific details as it relates to our operations and our guests. Only after this is provided can we inform our guests with a complete and accurate update.

We understand that the lockdown is not an ideal situation for our guests who have booked a vacation to sunny Curacao. Again, this pandemic has touched many across the globe and we are not exempt from this.

On another note, we have and will always encourage our guests to wear their facemasks throughout this pandemic. You can see this on our website, different third-party websites, on our pre-arrival letter, and also at check-in.
Even though mask-wearing has not been mandatory before the lockdown (due to the small number of infections on the island) we have mandated it since the new lock down when walking in the restaurant and of course all our associates must wear masks and continue to do so.

Regarding the island updates, please see a couple of official websites where residents and tourists can stay updated on all measures in place and all action points when traveling to Curacao.
1. https://gobiernu.cw/corona-virus-english-updates/
2. https://www.curacao.com/en/article/travel-updates
3. https://dicardcuracao.com/portal

We are saddened by the fact that you could not enjoy an authentic Curacao island experience, but we can assure you that our island is beautiful and worth visiting…again. We hope you reconsider visiting our island and our hotel in the future.

If so, please feel free to reach out to me directly, and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation personally.

Reviewed 7 April 2021

Shame on us for not knowing that this island had just initiated a country-wide lockdown with a 7pm curfew. No museums or shopping were open. So we just hunkered down at this beach resort which was AMAZING. The grounds were beautiful beginning with the open air very relaxing lobby / restaurant / lounge space. The gem of this property, however, were the people!!! From breakfast with Ryan, to lunch w/ Jayme and Shakira, finishing off with dinner and drinks w/ Joelly, they were friendly, helpful, and happily talking up their country with fun facts, stories, and lessons in the Papiamentu language.

Even the front desk folks were super helpful giving me suggestions and lending us games, and helping me to arrange a cake delivery for my husband's birthday.

I can't say enough about all of the staff!

So this was truly a vacation with no agenda besides relaxing & doing so at the Marriott Beach Resort made it all the better!

Room tip: Ocean view ground floor with direct access to beach...but the top 4 with amazing outdoor balcony is awesome too!
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank jj4point0
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Jj4point0,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It is a pity that you were not able to explore the beauty of our island due to the current lockdown, but we are happy that you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us.
Thank you for being such a delight to our associates. We truly enjoyed having you staying with us, and hopefully we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2021

Had a great week at the Curacao Marriott. The manager, Flor, was very helpful prior to arrival. Ended up getting upgraded to an oceanview room which was top notch. The beach was great, not crowded, beautiful water and plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Had dinner there one night at Zala which was very nice, and several lunches on the beach which were good as well. While all of the staff were very nice, our absolute favorite was Jaymy at the Salty Iguana. Within 10 minutes it felt like we were old friends, and he made some really good drinks. We will definitely be returning!

Room tip: Go for the oceanview rooms!
Date of stay: March 2021
Miyannou Winklaar, Sales at Curacao Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Dear SMC529,

Thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review.
We are happy that you were able to enjoy your time with us.
We appreciate you taking the time to talk get to know our associates.

Jaymy is one of our super stars, thank you for your mention.

It was my pleasure assisting you pre-arrival.