“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 107 Tours in Havana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Yosel is an amazing guide and photographer. He does such a thorough job explaining what we were seeing and taking us to interesting places throughout Havana and beyond. The period leading up to our trip was a little hectic, so we forgot to email Yosel about what we would like to see ahead of time, but he put together a great tour with little input from us. If you know what aspects of the Havana area you would like to learn more about let Yosel know ahead of time -- he will tailor his tour to you! The driver we were with, Diego, was an incredibly nice guy. He remembered us when we saw him later in the trip and remembered that it had been my birthday and asked how it was. Yosel and Diego really got our Cuba trip off to a great start and we will never forget it (or the brazo de gitano!)

Yosel V, Owner at I Love Cuba Guided Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi
Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it! It was a pleasure to have you and your girlfriend! And the cake ( brazo Gitano) was a Cuban way to say Happy birthday!!!!
Hope you're keeping well! You know who to come to if you come back!
Regards

in 7 reviews
"havana tour"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This review is late in coming (Apologies Yosel) but it will be one of the easiest reviews I have to pen.
My Fiance and I are keen photographers and were excited to get to Cuba to shoot some urban scenes after 2 months of nature photography. a quick search online for a photo tour and Yosel popped up as the best of the best in Cuba. after some correspondence we agreed we would meet at our hotel that Sunday at 10am for a 4 hour tour. now 4 hours of walking could put some people off but trust me it flew by and had me wishing we had 2 more!
Yosel mixes the tour up with local history and good conversation that not only told us about Cuba but also challenged some of the stereotypes most of us in the west bring with us when we travel there. He truly understands the rythym and beat of the city and had us walking into old buildings and restaurants that they were closed but for the cleaning staff only to climb to the roof and take photos.
I really cant say enough good things about Yosel and this trip. if you only have a few days in Cuba and really want to feel immersed in Havana then this tour is a must. plus he showed us to the best pizza joint in Havana and I can honestly say it was more than worth the paltry sum of money for some of the best pizza I have had outside of Italy.....but I wont tell you where it is. To find that out you will need to take his tour...

Thank you Yosel, when we come back, which we will, I will look you up again!

1  Thank toryandterrytravel
Yosel V, Owner at I Love Cuba Guided Photo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Terry and Tori
Thanks a million for the review! After a long time I didn't know if you'd remember enough of the experience to write a review! I'm very happy to hear such compliments!!! That only makes me love my photo tours even more! I'm just myself out there treating you like my distant relatives!!
Can't wait to see again!! This time as a married couple !!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked with Yosel and he was very friendly and accommodating. Our tour guide was Damien and he was fantastic. He was super charming, spoke English very well and was incredibly knowledgeable and informative. We learned so much about Havana. Our driver drove a beautiful old Ford Fairlane. We walked through the old and the new Havana, had lunch at an awesome restaurant off the beaten path that se bed authentic Cuban cuisine. I highly recommend this tour group and Damien. It was a highlight of our trip to Cuba.

1  Thank Finley_Crew

Hello.
Thanks for your review! It'd always good to hear these things about Damian, he loves what he does and is certainly good at it. You deserve no less!! Hope to have you in the future!
Regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Yosel's company was referred to me by a coworker and they were absolutely right... This was likely the best day we spent during our week in Cuba. Our guide was Damien, he was well spoken, informative, funny and an absolute pleasure to spend the day with. Our day was interesting for both the adults and my teenagers.

Damien spoke to us about all of the sights we passed along the journey, keeping us all interested during the trip. He described his country's history and provided a modern perspective as to life in this beautiful place.
He and Yoyo brought us to all of the stops we had hoped to see and several we had not thought of.
They also brought us to a lovely private restaurant, La Habitania which was wonderful.

The service was prompt, the manners were impeccable and the companionship for the day surpassed our expecations.
Thank you Yosel and Damien for this wonderful day.
F. D.

Hi Faye
Thanks so much for your feedback! We truly appreciate it!! Damian is an excellent professional!! He'll be happy to read your review! It is our pleasure to provide you with an excellent experience in our country, we have to be great ambassadors to our own nation!!!
Don't hesitate to use us in the future!
Regards!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The personalized tour we had with Yosel was by far, the best part of our trip to Havana. He provided the perfect combination of history, candid perspective, personal insight, and fun! I loved how we could ask about anything and he graciously answer so we left with deep understanding of the culture and Cuban people. He was able to adjust his style to our group and fit in just like one of our friends! He was prompt, kept us on track so we saw the highlights that he promised while he provided just enough
context and commentary so that we understood all that we were experiencing. I cannot say enough about Yosel, I would highly recommend him. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Hi Vonita
Thanks so much for your feedback! I had a great time too! Your group was awesome! I like to be challenged too by a group of talented and intelligent group and that was def you! Can't wait to do more next time as we discussed!
Till next time, Regards!