“Cuba.... aya esta mi corazon...”

Centro Asturiano de La Habana
Ranked #158 of 902 Restaurants in Havana
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are located in the famous Paseo del Prado, a few blocks from the Malecon ... We have 3 restaurants: La Xana downstairs, Havana Gourmet on the second floor, and The Terrace at the top of our building. We also offer an extensive cocktail service in our two bars: Bar on the first floor Asturias and Oviedo Bar on the second floor ... We present live music, and have the presence of Queens Havana dance company, formed by a prestigious group dancers of our city. Our food is varied, we have trained professionals to meet the disparate needs of our guests, and will always be our pleasure to serve you and you become always pleased ... In our building resides the American club, and our restaurant has several shields to confirm their presence.
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

What you can say about Cuba..?? The people? The music? The landscape? La Hanana? Cienfuegos? Trinidad?Viniales? Maria la Gorda? Salsa?Casa de la musica Galiano? Paseo? Cuba.. a must for the traveler

Reviewed 3 June 2018

This place offers you three restaurants in different levels. On our first evening in Havana we walked there from Galiano Str. and went for the first floor, with Cuban cuisine, which was very good. Afterwards, we went to the bar in the top floor, which has a terrace overlooking the Paseo del Prado. There, with a couple of 15 years old Santiago rum, we checked on the smart traffic passing by: a succession of great old cars, in an incredible palette of colours. A trio of guitarist singers came in and, amongst other songs, they played Eleanor Rigby with their Cuban twist. A very nice evening indeed.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Food was ok, I had bettter rapa viejo during my trip to Cuba. Flummoxed about the lack of menus. There were 14 in our groups, enough space for approx 40 or so people but they only had 13 menus, as I was unlucky to be the last person I was a bit annoyed the waiters came to the table to take our order before I had the opportunity to look at it. Food was fair.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

This 4 eateries in one building we manage at 2 of them. The Oviedo is a more a fast food place in the evening, which was great as that's when we arrived in Havana we had a burger that was great with a taste that is probably unique to Cuba and incredible value. During the day it becomes more of a cafe with table and chairs and serves a.great coffee. The second we used was the Italian called the La Xana which we visited twice having both pasta one one and Pizza on the other and the cost was amazing particularly with food standard and the service. They also have a BBQ and Cuban Restaurants which we would have tried but our last day was a Saturday and it was fully booked which is not surprising as we saw as many locals as tourists in both we used. Whichever of these places you will find very helpful and friendly

Reviewed 30 March 2017

After visiting several Habana "hyped" and locally famous recommended spots My disappointment with food and service showed extreme in pair with the high cost and prices I was paying for. "The Atmosphere" is a tourist trap you want to avoid unless your palate is ok with neutral flavors but if you are like me-into spices- then might as well go for the less talked about or ask locals in town rather than concierge or taxi drivers-who are all in to send tourists to same places in hopes that they remain popular but I was tired of eating OVERPRICED crappy food until I discover this place-by chance because I cared to have a pizza. Needless to say; 1st floor became my lunch and dinner option on my last 2 days in town. Food here was reasonably priced-finally I felt I was getting value for my money-CUBA IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!! This place offered a clean and comfortable seating. It's decor was tad to modern for I cared more traditional but the food was very tasty in comparison to all other local "tourist traps" that I had tried before such as "La Bodeguita del Medio" which was AWFULL!!(Pleeease do yourself a favor-don't EAT there-just take a picture and run-trust me-They have worst service-awful Mojitos that are not only expensive but water down dish like dirty water tasting-etc. I returned mine and got a huge attitude from owner---that thing was undrinkable. Anyhow; this place offers a variety of restaurants in its 3 levels but I chose to stick to 1st level for this was 1st time I had excellent food with a variety of choices alongside moderate prices. The 2nd and 3rd floor Restaurants are more exclusive and pricey as well and though this is not your typical authentic CUBAN food -as one expects- place was clean and food was considerably tasty and safe. The service is slow-very slow- but...WELCOME to CUBA-It's like that everywhere you go. And at least here it was personal -wait staff was very nice and friendly. You may ask for things here and there and they may say-we don't have that today or we are out-Once again; WELCOME TO CUBA...BUT...bottom line is that here they will make sure your food arrives hot -unlike other places in town--plus it will be filled with flavors which is what makes a meal worthy. Their Mojitos were good too- and you may be surprised because CUBA-- being "the land of Mojitos"--- does not know how to make 'em. Almost everywhere you go they lack ice and the blend of ingredients is simple -Rum with waterdown lemonade and sugar syrup -lucky if the mint leaves are fresh too--for most part you are better off drinking something else here-I recommend a basic Rum with guava juice -which is local and fresh for most parts. To end this review-just know that here your choices are basic pastas/rice/salads and pizzas which are about $3.00 cost and big enough to share though sold as personal style. For about $7.00 you can have a full meal's worth with drinks and even dessert included. Otherwise expect the high priced agendas elsewhere and pay anywhere from $20 to $50 a head for same kinda' deal- NO KIDDING!