“a nightmare”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Intermezzo Day Spa
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My niece and I chose to do a wrap at the Intermezzo spa at Alhambra. Hers was aloe and mine was chocolate. We were side by side in the couples room. We were slathered with the body mask. My niece was done first so she took a shower first. When I went to shower next the stall was backed up with 4-5 inches of water. I was told they only have one shower stall but to go ahead anyway and when I come out she would clean my feet. I refused and she gave me a "towel" bath to remove the mask. The application of the lotion was to follow but instead of being massaged in it was slathered on. Being as I had a "towel" bath I should have finished later but I was finished before my niece who actually had the lotion massaged onto her body instead of slathered. A note was left for the manager. No response. A phone call to the manager. NO RESPONSE. Email to the manager. NO RESPONSE AGAIN.

Date of experience: June 2013
4  Thank review14

Reviewed 8 July 2013

When coming to a resort like Bucuti, what better way to start your relaxing vacation than a massage. I chose the 1 hour relaxing massage. My masseuse was Elisha. She was very good. Elisha had some major work to do on my back and neck. I think I brought one of my classrooms with me. Could probably name all the knots. The Intermezzo Spa is at the resort, is a small space but very nice. The staff is professional and welcoming. They take some time to find out more about you health wise. I plan on returning next year and highly recommend Elisha.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank jodic912566
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We booked a couples Facial at Bucuti & Tara. The spa on site does not have the space for couples treatment, so they sent us across the way to the Intermezzo spa at the casino. The staff did not speak English too well, so much for customizing the treatments. They did do a good job though and it was relaxing
I recommend the Spa Del Sol at the Manchebo Resort close by.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I went to the one at Bucuti, nice, small spa area, not as intimidating as the spas at large resorts. I had the 1 hour relaxation massage which was fabulous, I had to sleep by the pool all afternoon it was that good.

Date of experience: October 2012
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We took advantage of our extra budgeted money to go to the Intermezzo Day Spa. We got the Bonbini Welcome Package which included the massage and the facial. At our appointment, we were greeted by our masseuses/estheticians Mercedes and Nita, very nice girls. The rooms were clean, cool, and the massage beds were so comfortable and cozy; they have a nice warm blanket for you to be covered in. The massage was extremely relaxing and I was wishing it would never end. The facial was good too; my husband didn't enjoy that as much, but I think if we knew, we'd probably trade it for more massage time. Still good facial though. Overall a great experience!

Date of experience: August 2012